Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still convinced CN will be testifying hoping to work out some kind of deal for herself when she realizes how screwed she really is. JMO

I agree not sure why people think there would be a plea deal. There is mountains of evidence against these two that to give her a plea deal based on what she has to say would be pointless. She isn't the missing piece needed to get a guilty conviction. These guys have done a fine job of not covering up their work to incriminate themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plea deals do happen. The Crown brings forth the offer. In this situation they are probably hoping her testimony will help their case and have subpoenaed her, as I suggested earlier, hoping to use her as leverage rather than offering a plea deal. Like I said previously, no-one can predict how someone will testify on the stand.

CN may have a stronger case than people think, I guess we will soon find out.

I won't say who "we" are but we believe Laura was killed because DM was just done with her. She had served her purpose, traded sex for drugs, it was all a game to him. Then, when he wanted to be done with her, she was too far gone to clean herself up and she be became a burden. We think he figured nobody would miss drug addicted Laura.

I don't agree with that, but thank you for your opinion. I think Laura made some interesting decisions before she went missing. The money, the dog, the laptop from her ex is still apparently missing ( she must have it with her). I think either Laura has decided to walk away from her life as it was or has possibly taken her own life ( which I hope isn't true). I don't believe DM is anything to do with it, but it helps to throw more his way and have it covered by the press, as far as prosecution tactics go. I guess. IMHO.

I don't agree with that, but thank you for your opinion. I think Laura made some interesting decisions before she went missing. The money, the dog, the laptop from her ex is still apparently missing ( she must have it with her). I think either Laura has decided to walk away from her life as it was or has possibly taken her own life ( which I hope isn't true). I don't believe DM is anything to do with it, but it helps to throw more his way and have it covered by the press, as far as prosecution tactics go. I guess. IMHO.

We've heard of the odd person going missing, presumed dead, and turning up years later. I don't think we've ever heard of a prosecution for murder, let alone with evidence to go forward on a direct indictment, where the alleged murdered victim has suddenly been found alive and well.

They must have at least have evidence of her death in order to lay murder charges, especially in light of not finding her remains. JMO

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
I'm back at the Tim #Bosma murder trial today where a @HaltonPolice forensic officer resumes her testimony regarding Tim's truck.

Something that I don't get, why on earth would these guys haul the incinerator to the airport to burn him, where they knew there would be videos and cameras? It's a bloody airport for crying out loud. Since 9/11 security has been amped up, crazy to think they wouldn't get caught. I'm glad they did it there, so we have video proof but I will never understand why they didn't just burn him AT the farm.

I've wondered that too but like others have said, I think maybe they thought there was far more of a chance of them being noticed by neighbors out at the farm than at the hangar. I don't know how often DM visited that barn but country neighbors tend to notice when someone hasn't been around in a while then suddenly there's activity - cars, lights, the random incinerator burning for hours, etc.

On my 2 hour drive to work this morning (usually 40 minutes) I was listening to the Hamilton radio station CHML900. During the news the reporter talked about how the trial was back in session this morning and that forensics would continue today. They also said something that took me off guard a bit. They said that this week there would be a significant piece of evidence introduced with regards to something found in DM's truck. Uhm...how would they know that? It wasn't a slip and they really meant to say TB's truck because they said it was in DM's Yukon. How would they know what is coming up in the trial? Or are they speculating?

I've wondered that too but like others have said, I think maybe they thought there was far more of a chance of them being noticed by neighbors out at the farm than at the hangar. I don't know how often DM visited that barn but country neighbors tend to notice when someone hasn't been around in a while then suddenly there's activity - cars, lights, the random incinerator burning for hours, etc.

Exactly! And it is possible that it wasn't completely unusual to see them with the incinerator at the airport? MOO

On my 2 hour drive to work this morning (usually 40 minutes) I was listening to the Hamilton radio station CHML900. During the news the reporter talked about how the trial was back in session this morning and that forensics would continue today. They also said something that took me off guard a bit. They said that this week there would be a significant piece of evidence introduced with regards to something found in DM's truck. Uhm...how would they know that? It wasn't a slip and they really meant to say TB's truck because they said it was in DM's Yukon. How would they know what is coming up in the trial? Or are they speculating?

The below is from CMHL's website. No idea from where they would have obtained the heads up. Has evidence already been presented in regard to TB's keys being found inside DM's vehicle?

"Still to come in the Crown’s case are several big witnesses and what is being called significant evidence found in Millard’s Blue Yukon truck."

http://www.900chml.com/2016/02/16/62097/

The below is from CMHL's website. No idea from where they would have obtained the heads up. Has evidence already been presented in regard to TB's keys being found inside DM's vehicle?

"Still to come in the Crown’s case are several big witnesses and what is being called significant evidence found in Millard’s Blue Yukon truck."

http://www.900chml.com/2016/02/16/62097/

Bingo! I bet it is the keys. Thanks for that. I spent too much time thinking about the case over the weekend and I had grandiose thoughts in my head of blood stains etc.

Yep I bet it's the keys! I'm curious what else they found in the Yukon

I thought they already introduced the keys. They showed SB them and she identified them as Tim's along with them being mentioned by the officer who arrested DM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They must have at least have evidence of her death in order to lay murder charges, especially in light of not finding her remains. JMO

Must be some good evidence, too, since MS is also charged with LB's murder. JMO

That incinerator may have uncovered more secrets than we know. MOO

It absolutely may have, and we won't hear about that until the trial re LB. Police said they didn't recover LB's body when they searched the Ayr farm. They aren't required to tell us what exactly they *did* find, if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lostnfound