Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If MS were a gang-banger, IMO, he wouldn't be writing it on his shoes like a high-schooler, or wearing those shoes to court.

As posted many threads ago by swedie...perhaps MS just has a sense of humour.

The top definition for "pacific" from the Urban Dictionary.

pacific

The way people who aren't smart (but think they are) say "specific". Used mostly by people who elect to represent themselves during a criminal trial, and dummies who don't understand questions during a job interview and want to buy more time in order to think of a good bull-**** lie. You should never correct someone who says "pacific" instead of "specific" because it is a very easy way to instantly guage IQ.

Uh... I don't know which robbery you are talking about Your Honor. Can you please be more pacific?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pacific

Maybe he is sending a message to DM? :lol:

Nice catch. Have wondered how they were pursuing the LB case, since all we know (on the outside) is that she went poof, her ex suspected DM pretty early on and even confronted him, and DM bought the Eliminator within weeks of Laura's last sighting. (Which by itself all sounds ominous, but I think that stuff still counts as circumstantial. So I've always wondered what they had that was tangible, since her remains were not recovered, as far as we are aware.)

Well the judge in this case has reminded the jury that circumstantial and direct evidence are weighted equally under the law, I recall.

The box cutter would have been introduced by prosecution as a murder weapon if this were the scenario. They would also have presented testing for blood residue on and inside the box cutter.

The box cutter was probably used for cutting out flooring in TB's truck. MOO.

well... when one is in jail, they may use any means possible, even if it appears juvenile, to let others on the outside know he is holding on to his loyalty... I am not saying in anyway that MS is a hardened gang banger.

You're right, not a hardened gang banger, but his loyalty is there. For this reason, it is my opinion that he will never tell where the gun is.

The box cutter was probably used for cutting out flooring in TB's truck. MOO.

I agree. Who uses a box cutter as a weapon when you've had the foresight to bring a gun? And then locks up the gun but leaves the box cutter on the floor of the truck where co-incidentally, all the carpeting was removed?

MOO

bbm
Thank you for mention of AG! Because LE took her nice white fast Camaro for forensic investigation, there may have been something special with this car in connection with the murder. My POI No. 1 is another person, but I'm very open minded since I thought again about MS and his hoodie and his backpack and his being on feet without nearby car and his dog-caring at least at his home and his car interest and his lack of money.

Good point about the dog-caring. Audrey's two protective German Shepherd dogs were found locked in their large dog crates in her kitchen, and could not protect her when the murderer attacked. There was some speculation that MS's Mother and Audrey were both teachers, and might have known each other, but this was never proven, as far as I know. How far back would cell phone records be traceable ? I wonder if there is any link between Smitch, his family, his girlfriends, his friends, like DM and Audrey. Who knows ? Maybe evidence in the Bosma case will shed some light on Audrey's killer, just like it did in the cases of Laura B. and DM's father. There could be a link to some kind of car theft ring in all these murders. The Camero was left at Audrey's house, but maybe the killer feared detection, and fled. I imagine those dogs were going crazy barking, and one person did see the suspect I mentioned walking down the driveway. Again, maybe there was some kind of plan, but chaos was the reality, and the possibly young, inexperienced person responsible had to improvise and flee. LE withheld much about the scene of the crime. Some kind of sexual attack on Audrey was hinted at, but could this have been an attempt to make an attempted car theft look like something else to throw LE off the real trail ? All just my opinion, but I would really like to see justice for Audrey too.

Oh no not me! I went on and on about digital trails and who there would be a map of everywhere they went based on cell phones for months if not years! So, totally expected - but I have a suspicion that DM did not at all suspect this presentation if all that he got as disclosure was a raw data dump of calls made and towers accessed. I don't think LE owed the defgence their 60-hour interpretation of the data as that would institute LE's bias on the data. So, likely DM knew they had a pile of data but had no inkling of what it all meant until the presentation was given at trial. Thus, a glum afternoon. IMO.

I'm surprised that they ended up doing all their dirty work at the hangar with some trips out to the farm for support material. After all there is security video in the hangar and its environs and none at all out at the farm.

BBM - I have to agree Snooper. The Crown only has to disclose to the defense the raw data collected, e.i. original cell phone history. It would be up to the defense to study and decipher the information for themselves from the raw data, if they chose to do so. This stands to reason that should errors occur while transposing information, the defense should be able to pick that up when making comparison from their own interpretation. Reason for cross examination. After the Crown has made their presentation in court, defense may request a copy for their files.
ALL MOO.

You're right, not a hardened gang banger, but his loyalty is there. For this reason, it is my opinion that he will never tell where the gun is.

Good thought regarding the gun Gumshew. I didn't consider the fact that the gun is also tied to a case against some of his "gang" friends with regards to gun trafficking. He did try to sell it though so he wasn't being very loyal about it then. I wonder if he ever had the chance to tell one of his close friends where he buried it? Maybe he can't get it because he knows it's not there?

MOO

Good point about the dog-caring. Audrey's two protective German Shepherd dogs were found locked in their large dog crates in her kitchen, and could not protect her when the murderer attacked. There was some speculation that MS's Mother and Audrey were both teachers, and might have known each other, but this was never proven, as far as I know. How far back would cell phone records be traceable ? I wonder if there is any link between Smitch, his family, his girlfriends, his friends, like DM and Audrey. Who knows ? Maybe evidence in the Bosma case will shed some light on Audrey's killer, just like it did in the cases of Laura B. and DM's father. There could be a link to some kind of car theft ring in all these murders. The Camero was left at Audrey's house, but maybe the killer feared detection, and fled. I imagine those dogs were going crazy barking, and one person did see the suspect I mentioned walking down the driveway. Again, maybe there was some kind of plan, but chaos was the reality, and the possibly young, inexperienced person responsible had to improvise and flee. LE withheld much about the scene of the crime. Some kind of sexual attack on Audrey was hinted at, but could this have been an attempt to make an attempted car theft look like something else to throw LE off the real trail ? All just my opinion, but I would really like to see justice for Audrey too.

If memory serves me correctly, a homeless drifter who was picked up for the murder was released due to DNA? Which leads me to believe that LE have the DNA of AG's murderer?

I do not think this is related to her murder at all.

MOO

Good thought regarding the gun Gumshew. I didn't consider the fact that the gun is also tied to a case against some of his "gang" friends with regards to gun trafficking. He did try to sell it though so he wasn't being very loyal about it then. I wonder if he ever had the chance to tell one of his close friends where he buried it? Maybe he can't get it because he knows it's not there?

MOO

I am also of the opinion that the gun is tied to his associates. Maybe after trying to sell it, someone told him he'd better just get rid of it somehow. Yes, maybe it is not at the hiding place anymore.

I am also of the opinion that the gun is tied to his associates. Maybe after trying to sell it, someone told him he'd better just get rid of it somehow. Yes, maybe it is not at the hiding place anymore.

Well it was his associates who allegedly sold it to DM wasn't it? Isn't that what their court case is about?

MOO

He actually tried to sell the gun through a friend, which suggests that he tried to get a friend to sell it for him. Of course, we don't yet know the identity of said friend.

From the Crown's opening address:

Before burying the gun, Mr. Smich tried to sell the gun through a friend. He was unsuccessful.

We aren't here to discuss the psyche of other members or folks not directly involved in the case. Please stay on-topic.

:tyou:

Well it was his associates who allegedly sold it to DM wasn't it? Isn't that what their court case is about?

Yes, I believe so. Someone snitched as to the source of the weapon. If MS shows his loyalty so brazenly, my opinion is, it is not him who told. But, I only speculate...

Yes, I believe so. Someone snitched as to the source. If MS shows his loyalty so brazenly, my opinion is, it is not him who told. But, I only speculate...

While I agree "Pacific" is possibly gang-related, I don't think any of us know for sure what significance it holds for MS. IMO at this point all we have is speculation....unless someone has a link that shows otherwise? (and I don't mean google links that tie Pacific to gangs....something that shows MS's use of Pacific is gang-related)

While I agree "Pacific" is possibly gang-related, I don't think any of us know for sure what significance it holds for MS. IMO at this point all we have is speculation....unless someone has a link that shows otherwise? (and I don't mean google links that tie Pacific to gangs....something that shows MS's use of Pacific is gang-related)

I dunno, "calm blue ocean" is a mantra for those soothing themselves, and Pacific literally means calm and at peace.

Maybe it is just a reminder for him to keep his cool and take it one day at a time?

I dunno, "calm blue ocean" is a mantra for those soothing themselves, and Pacific literally means calm and at peace.

Maybe it is just a reminder for him to keep his cool and take it one day at a time?

This was my very first interpretation. Maybe some bit of wisdom or prepping his lawyer imparted to him.

If we talk about gang related symbols, words, nos. and letters, they are always cryptic and have a double meaning. Why anyone would print out the words "PACIFIC" on both their sneakers during the first day of their trial is anyone's speculation. In my opinion, MS's use of "PACIFIC" as gang loyalty, is an inference. I don't believe you can get any links that prove this. That's why it's speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95