Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one reporter tweeted that the jury was back......and it was apparently an error......add it to her list.....MOO

Witness interruptus... :noooo: Haven't known other murder trials to be quite this disjointed, is this due to the direct indictment / lack of preliminary inquiry?

I don't think there is a person her that doesn't believe Smich was involved, the problem is that there is no solid evidence to put him at the murder scene or even back at the hangar. There is no positive identification by witnesses, no fingerprints or DNA, only a phone being turned off and a video of a skinny guy's back. I just don't see overwhelming evidence.

MS's phone pinged near the Bosma residence....that isn't enough evidence for you to place him on the test drive? And he was dropped off the next am by DM.....while it is true that many things could have gone down, the most logical conclusion from this is that he was with DM that night.....

eta - not to mention that SS identified MS and DM as being the people in the video.....

<rsbm>

I guess what I don't agree with in this part is the idea that DM wanted to direct heat ay MS, because he was still linked to this after all. I am not sure I believe that MH called Crimestoppers or that that was part of anyone's plan. They seemed more intent on not incriminating themselves.
Maybe the "lies that were told" that MH was upset about are possibly AM in that AM didn't tell MH about knowing about the vehicle theft plan

I don't think there is a person her that doesn't believe Smich was involved, the problem is that there is no solid evidence to put him at the murder scene or even back at the hangar. There is no positive identification by witnesses, no fingerprints or DNA, only a phone being turned off and a video of a skinny guy's back. I just don't see overwhelming evidence.

No, SS positively ID'ed MS as being one of the two men in the hangar video.

i am starting to think there will be no testimony today....arrrgggghh. what the heck is going on. Yes I know every trial has it's legal arguments...but this all seems quite excessive no? I followed along with the Victoria Stafford trial and do not recall anything anywhere near this!

Adam Carter &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 22s23 seconds ago
Court now in a recess, not sure for how long. Legal discussions still not finished. #TimBosma #Bosma #Hamont

Court now in a recess, not sure for how long. Legal discussions still not finished.
by Adam Carter 2:09 PM

i am starting to think there will be no testimony today....arrrgggghh. what the heck is going on. Yes I know every trial has it's legal arguments...but this all seems quite excessive no? I followed along with the Victoria Stafford trial and do not recall anything anywhere near this!

Well, you've just answered what I've been wondering about all morning as I did not follow the Victoria Stafford case. This is the first trial I have followed and all these legal arguments seem very excessive. I can only imagine what the Bosma family is feeling and thinking at this point. If I were Sharlene I would just want to scream!

Court now in a recess, not sure for how long. Legal discussions still not finished.

Well this really makes me feel like there will be no testimony today. By the time they finish arguing and get started it probably isn't worth it today.

....anything happening today is looking bleek

wow why would they not just pre plan resuming tomorrow instead of bringing jury back and witness now here for 2nd day and still yet to testify. Seems silly to have asked them to come back for a few hours when they were still in legal arguments.

MS's phone pinged near the Bosma residence....that isn't enough evidence for you to place him on the test drive? And he was dropped off the next am by DM.....while it is true that many things could have gone down, the most logical conclusion from this is that he was with DM that night.....

eta - not to mention that SS identified MS and DM as being the people in the video.....

Just my opinion, but I don't give any credence to what SS has to say about that video. He is not exactly a reliable witness, IMO and may well have ulterior motives for why he was not 100% truthful and apparently trying to cover for DM on the stand.

All MOO.

Well this really makes me feel like there will be no testimony today. By the time they finish arguing and get started it probably isn't worth it today.

I think AM will be on the stand today long enough for the Crown to ask a couple of questions to leave us hanging for tomorrow.

I guess we have to disagree then. I don't think AM and MH are as dumb as they are playing. Young people talk, especially when drama is happening. I think all the main players in this caper were aware from sometime around the 8th that Millard had Bosma's truck. None of them are going to admit to it, but one of them had to have figured it out. They all apparently knew that Millard was looking for a diesel Ram, and then this story hits the front page the same day Millard tells everybody not to come to the hangar, and not one of them figured it out? SS actually saw the truck and still claimed he didn't make the connection. Really? Again, I don't see any point in getting the weapon to Smich. Millard should have buried it. MH could have buried it. Why? There is more to this. It all ties in to why it seems Smich and Millard seem to have severed ties somewhere after the 7th. Why was CN enlisted to take Smich's place? Was there a falling out?

Since the 7th in the morning MS had changed his behavior and had great fear of the "n....s" - now I*m coming with my everlasting (with pauses) THIRD MAN :drumroll: Maybe DM had the weapon/weapons in his custody and there WAS a third man (waiting for the truck at a certain place), then MS perhaps referred to DM plus 3rd man as the "n....s" who wouldn't play around (forgot the exact wording). They (DM+3rd) would have a car, a weapon and an incinerator - enough to have all time fear for one's life. Only a theory!!!

wow why would they not just pre plan resuming tomorrow instead of bringing jury back and witness now here for 2nd day and still yet to testify. Seems silly to have asked them to come back for a few hours when they were still in legal arguments.

I wonder what lawyer(s) is holding testimony up?

Just my opinion, but I don't give any credence to what SS has to say about that video. He is not exactly a reliable witness, IMO and may well have ulterior motives for why he was not 100% truthful and apparently trying to cover for DM on the stand.

All MOO.

The testimony from SS identifying DM and MS at the hangar was one of the few Crown positive things from SS during his testimony... so I'm hanging on to it. Hope the jury is also. MOO

All MOO.

SS also ID'ed DM in the video.

Since the 7th in the morning MS had changed his behavior and had great fear of the "n....s" - now I*m coming with my everlasting (with pauses) THIRD MAN :drumroll: Maybe DM had the weapon/weapons in his custody and there WAS a third man, then MS perhaps referred to DM plus 3rd man as the "n....s" who wouldn't play around (forgot the exact wording). They (DM+3rd) would have a car, a weapon and an incinerator - enough to have all time fear for one's life. Only a theory!!!

I would counter that theory with my own, MS was afraid of the police, and recognized the speed with which police descended on DM, hence the
Marlena told them to get the hell out of there. Next day Smich said people were going to come get him. "These guys don't f--- around."

Source - BD Testimony

The testimony from SS identifying DM and MS at the hangar was one of the few Crown positive things from SS during his testimony... so I'm hanging on to it. Hope the jury is also. MOO

exactly......if SS was "covering" for DM, why in the world would he identify him in the video? that places him at the hangar with the eliminator. Which is bad for DM. While I agree he was in CYA mode and had a selective memory, I don't think we can discount everything he said.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje