BP Oil Spill Approaching Gulf Coast

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=youtube;CqiLuni5v64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqiLuni5v64[/video]
BP only cares about BP!!:furious:

[video=youtube;Uh_ESQj1gkI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh_ESQj1gkI[/video]
BP Will Penalize Fishermen For Not Helping To Clean Up Their Toxic Mess. :furious:
Kindra Arnesen explains what she discovered in a BP loophole that could cost fishermen thousands of dollars!
GO KINDRA!! :woohoo:

The oil is no longer approaching the coast, it is here. Personally, I'd like it to read: "BP Oil Spill Invades the Gulf Coast". Or is that too controversial? Just think we should give credit where credit is due.

Legalmania, since you started the thread, can you change it? Or do we need a mod to do it? Please and thank you in advance.

I'd like to see "BP Oil Spill Devastates the Gulf Coast" 'cause I think the Gulf Coast will never be the same.

Maybe it should "BP Oil Spill"...we will remember this for years and years to come and I think in the long run more nations than just America will suffer from the effects of the oil or economical consequences. Like Cuba, Bahamas etc.

How about "BP Oil Spill Ends Up on BP's Doorstep"....okay that one was wishful thinking.

The oil is no longer approaching the coast, it is here. Personally, I'd like it to read: "BP Oil Spill Invades the Gulf Coast". Or is that too controversial? Just think we should give credit where credit is due.

Legalmania, since you started the thread, can you change it? Or do we need a mod to do it? Please and thank you in advance.

I agree it's time to change the thread, when I wrote the post I knew it was big but had no idea how big, I'm trying to have the thread changed a.s.a.p. but in reality the spill is still approaching, it took a month just to reach Louisiana and then Mississippi then Alabama and then the Florida panhandle, and it's still coming. It is now just approaching the Texas coast and I believe that is has merged with the loop and has now began following the Florida Straits, this will take it to the keys, and then around to Miami, Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale, and on and on. At one time or another it will be approaching somewhere. So I'll see what the moderators have to say, about changing the title. This is going to ruin the second largest fishing industry in the U.S. I curious to see what peoples reaction will be when then start noticing tar balls in the Mississippi.

This will be great if they pull this off. Once they cap the well, the cleanup will at least be noticeable. We need to stop oil drilling in the ocean. We have other means of using energy and need to start using those. I heard by 2016 they plan on no longer using gas in cars, it's up to the people to follow and demand this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/jul/08/bp-fix-gulf-mexico-oil-leak

These people who are getting sick from the oil are going to get thrown under the bus just as the 911 responders are. They are also very sick with lung disease, they have found concrete, glass, mercury, asbestos, and who knows what else in their lungs. If I were these oil workers I would immediately walk off the job with the media around and demand proper ventilation before they go back to work. What is wrong with people they would rather die than stand up for their rights? Now that their getting their checks they are afraid to speak out?

BP -BAD PEOPLE
Michael Jackson is a higher power now and his music and words are very powerful, better listen up BP(BAD PEOPLE) WHAT ABOUT FISHERMAN, WHAT ABOUT THE CREW, WHAT ABOUT THE OCEAN NOW, AND THE BIRDS THAT FLEW, WHAT ABOUT THE SHRIMP NOW, THE OYSTERS AND THEIR FOOD, WHAT ABOUT ALL OF THEM, WHAT ABOUT ME AND YOU??

[video=youtube;iw4-HQeduu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw4-HQeduu8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Unchecked oil gusher spews into Gulf as BP works to install cap to capture all the crude

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil are being allowed to spew into the fouled waters of the Gulf of Mexico while BP engineers prepare to install a new containment system they hope will catch it all in the coming days.

There's no guarantee for such a delicate operation nearly a mile below the water's surface, officials said, and the permanent fix of plugging the well from the bottom remains slated for mid-August.

"It's not just going to be, you put the cap on, it's done. It's not like putting a cap on a tube of toothpaste," Coast Guard spokesman Capt. James McPherson said.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and assortment of 27 videos at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/oil-spill/sns-ap-us-gulf-oil-spill,0,2675939.story

After oil spill, Vietnamese immigrant collects cans, sells eggs to make ends meet

Cua Thi Huynh still lives in the mobile home that FEMA provided after Hurricane Katrina, the kitchen opening to a room furnished with a couple of couches, a table and a recliner.

She offered guests a seat, apologized for the condition of the place, and sat on the floor, nudged playfully by her two dogs.

Neither she nor her daughter, Hoang Huynh, have worked in a month. The oil spill forced Coast Seafood to send them home. To make ends meet, she collected aluminum cans, sold eggs and then sold the chickens that produced them.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/07/after_oil_spill_vietnamese_imm.html

Wow! Poor thing. She hasn't even recovered from Katrina yet, living in a FEMA trailer, and now she's being grossly effected by the BP Oil Spill.

:(
fran

Many deckhands lack documentation for spill claim

HOPEDALE, La. -- In the fallout from the BP oil disaster, they're almost invisible: deck hands and other day laborers who get paid in cash, don't receive W2 forms, may not file tax returns and have little or no way of proving they are losing income because of the spill.

"We run into them on a daily basis. They're stuck in limbo," Tuan Nguyen, deputy director of the Mary Queen of Vietnam Community Development Corp. in eastern New Orleans, said in a recent interview.

Nguyen said he has encountered hundreds of workers, mostly deck hands, who lack the documentation BP needs from claimants seeking a piece of the $20 billion of the oil giant's aid fund.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/07/569077/many-deckhands-lack-documentation.html

Churches, nonprofits fight for survival amid spill

In this June 30, 2010 photo, pastor Dan Brown, of the Anchor Assembly of God in Bayou La Batre, Ala., talks about the claim that his church filed with BP PLC stemming from lost revenue because of the Deepwater Horizon incident. Months after the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded and its well started gushing oil, the British petroleum giant says it has yet to decide how to handle claims filed by religious groups and other charitable organizations that are endangered because people can no longer afford to contribute.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/03/564279/churches-nonprofits-fight-for.html

Chemical Linked to Exxon Valdez Illnesses Turning Up in BP Oil Spill Workers

A chemical linked to illnesses among Exxon Valdez oil spill cleanup workers has now been detected at high levels in BP oil spill responders. According to The New York Times, the chemical, 2-butoxyethanol, is an ingredient in the Corexit 9527 dispersant that BP phased out after spraying it in the Gulf during the early days of the spill.

The finding not only means that there are still serious concerns about air quality in the Gulf, but that the situation could actually be deteriorating.

In its latest summary of chemical testing, posted to its website this week, BP said 2-butoxyethanol was detected at levels up to 10 parts per million (ppm) in more than 20 percent of offshore responders and 15 percent of those near shore. That’s below the limit set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), but above a 5 ppm limit set by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), the Times said. The NIOSH standard is considered safer, but is not enforceable by law, according to the Times.

One interesting fact the Times noted was that for most chemicals it tested, BP references the NIOSH limits. This is not the case for 2-butoxyethanol. One expert interviewed by the Times accused BP of “playing with these numbers.”

The new summary, which includes data through June 29, is concerning, especially since BP said it stopped using Corexit 9527 early in the spill. A toxicology professor told the Times that considering the levels of 2-butoxyethanol among workers, it is doubtful that they could be attributable only to BP’s early use of Corexit 9527.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/21860

Why doesn't Tony Hayward and his BP(Bad People) executives and their families get in their yacht go to the gulf by the oil spill and shoot a commercial with the plane flying over their yacht, spraying the chemicals on them. They could talk about the chemical being so safe they would subject their love ones to it. They could even have a few fishing poles out showing how the fishing is still good and have their chef prepare the fish they catch and show them enjoying the meal. When I see that then I'll believe the chemical is safe and it's not affecting the environment, and it is safe.

Why doesn't Tony Hayward and his BP(Bad People) executives and their families get in their yacht go to the gulf by the oil spill and shoot a commercial with the plane flying over their yacht, spraying the chemicals on them. They could talk about the chemical being so safe they would subject their love ones to it. They could even have a few fishing poles out showing how the fishing is still good and have their chef prepare the fish they catch and show them enjoying the meal. When I see that then I'll believe the chemical is safe and it's not affecting the environment, and it is safe.

It should be noted that Senators & Congressmen in the 1960s and 70s said Agent Orange was perfectly safe and some of them (whom the troops trusted the most because of it) trotted out their sons who were serving and using it to defoliate the jungle. :(
If it's a chemical that kills living things--animals, trees, organisms--it probably isn't good for humans either.

It should be noted that Senators & Congressmen in the 1960s and 70s said Agent Orange was perfectly safe and some of them (whom the troops trusted the most because of it) trotted out their sons who were serving and using it to defoliate the jungle. :(
If it's a chemical that kills living things--animals, trees, organisms--it probably isn't good for humans either.

My father told me how they made him stand in a field at Boca Chicka Navel Base in the Florida Keys and a plane would spray a substance and they would all turn orange ,he was a healthy person but suddenly died of cancer at 44. I believe to this day it was agent orange that killed him. Chemical warfare isn't just for war anymore. We have all become collateral damage.

I'm still bummed I couldn't get tickets -- they were gone in like 10 mins.:(

Thank you, Jimmy, for supporting the Gulf Coast!!

[video=youtube;qBNXjcEWkuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBNXjcEWkuE[/video]

I watched most of the concert last evening and it was really good. Political views aside, I'm thankful that he helped out in adding some badly needed revenue and goodwill to that area. What a huge crowd....and they seemed to be having a great time.

I watched most of the concert last evening and it was really good. Political views aside, I'm thankful that he helped out in adding some badly needed revenue and goodwill to that area. What a huge crowd....and they seemed to be having a great time.

I'm glad that was the case. Just there to raise money and have a good time. We have due process in this country to figure out who's fault it was, but right now people and the animals and creatures of the sea need help, and that is all that should matter. Hopefully this is the first of many free concerts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back