Brad Conway Press Conference 1/23/09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My son was killed in a car accident a couple years ago at 16. I felt tremendous amount of guilt, not that I had any control over the situation.. but, constantly going over things in my head that I could of done differently. A coke bottle rolled under his foot and he couldn't stop the car at at a stop sign. I ran that stop sign 15 times in one day. Morning, afternoon, night.. It was a cry for help. I wasn't trying to kill myself... I know it sounds like it..

Extreme grief makes you do strange things. There is no comparison with my son's death to what the Anthony's are going through. It is just un-imaginable. I had no one watching my every more, reporting it, no child being prosecuted.. none of the stuff they are going through and I felt helpless, hopeless, and exhausted. We need to remember that the Anthony's are going through some extreme pain, shoes that I never ever want to walk in.

:blowkiss: I'm sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))

Bold is mine.

No, actually he wrote in the suicide note that he thought Casey was innocent.

Where did you hear this, if you don't mind my asking? I have not seen anything much about the contents of the note.

Thanks in advance.

Sundance

Conway & scummy Cindy thank law enforcement today but they'll be slamming them again soon for Casey's sake... I'm sorry, but these people are trash. And they're STILL treating Caylee like trash. Wretched, putrid people.

Dismembered? Well, now we know what the knife was for.

OMG that poor child. Why, WHY would she be dismembered after death? She was so tiny.

Let's be careful. We don't know what the knife was for. This is so far the only person who has used the word dismember and it seems to be his own personal opinion. Many on WS have had (and still have) personal theories that they think are accurate but, of course, can't be sure until more evidence is released (or a confession, etc).

We don't want to start rumors that will go flying onto other threads. All we know is that this guy thinks there was dismemberment. (For now).

Could Conway be over-playing the sympathy card to set up his clients for what may be coming down the pike with more damning evidence coming to light? What about the parents own role in alienating the public vis a vis their own actions and statements? Conway seems to think this is a one way street IMO.

You know Dawn Treader, you are absolutely right, the Anthony's called this attention to themselves. Instead of keeping to themselves and a low profile, they appeared to be on a campaign to keep Casey in a positive light of innocence. They fought back at every point. Doing an about turn on the odor in the trunk. Striking back at the press insisting there wasn't a body in the trunk. Refusing to cooperate with searchers looking for a dead or alive Caylee. Not supplying an item of Caylee's for the search dogs. Physically confronting people who demonstrated in front of their home. Made appearances on talk shows to insist their daughter loved and cared about Caylee, but never publically appealed to so-called kidnappers to return their granddaughter.
I don't wish harm to George or Cindy. I do wish from the very moment this became national news that they would have stepped back and refused to discuss this case in the public.
It's very clear to me they began this war and it has not helped Caylee or their daughter's case. The only help they seemed to have was from ill-informed and unprofessional assistants who they welcomed into their situation at hand.
I see Cindy and George as very shallow combative people who have absolutely no mature sense of how to handle problems. They are arrogrant, selfish and poor representatives of how parents should behave in order to keep the publicity at a minimun.
Guess I've said enough. JMO

You know Dawn Treader, you are absolutely right, the Anthony's called this attention to themselves. Instead of keeping to themselves and a low profile, they appeared to be on a campaign to keep Casey in a positive light of innocence. They fought back at every point. Doing an about turn on the odor in the trunk. Striking back at the press insisting there wasn't a body in the trunk. Refusing to cooperate with searchers looking for a dead or alive Caylee. Not supplying an item of Caylee's for the search dogs. Physically confronting people who demonstrated in front of their home. Made appearances on talk shows to insist their daughter loved and cared about Caylee, but never publically appealed to so-called kidnappers to return their granddaughter.
I don't wish harm to George or Cindy. I do wish from the very moment this became national news that they would have stepped back and refused to discuss this case in the public.
It's very clear to me they began this war and it has not helped Caylee or their daughter's case. The only help they seemed to have was from ill-informed and unprofessional assistants who they welcomed into their situation at hand.
I see Cindy and George as very shallow combative people who have absolutely no mature sense of how to handle problems. They are arrogrant, selfish and poor representatives of how parents should behave in order to keep the publicity at a minimun.

Well said. :clap:

For what it's worth, it was a selfish act. Not only was it selfish, but why did it take Cindy so long to get hold of someone else. Medication is taken in a prescribed dosage. Those doses are taken at specific times. She had to have known the meds were gone. So she waits and waits and waits and finally oh, hey. George is gone and dang, so are these meds that if he takes them all at once could be really bad for him.

I do not like manipulation. I do not like it from any person. I do not like watching Casey manipulate. I do not like watching Cindy manipulate. I do not like watching Lee try to manipulate. I do not like seeing George manipulate. Manipulation, emotional hostage-taking.........shame on them.

Why is it clear that CA had to have known the meds were gone?

Extreme grief makes you do strange things.

Amen to that, and in my own experience it can be akin to total insanity. I am so sorry for what you experienced; my heart hurts for you and your family.

When he first came to our attention someone found a web site that was calling for him to run for judge. I haven't seen anything about this since. Do you by chance have a link to the fact that he is, indeed, running?

I'm so sick of secondary players. If this was a TV show I'd have turned it off and said none of it was even believable. This whole thing can't get much crazier.

Momma - I had a saved link that doesn't go anywhere now (how convenient lol), I was going to copy paste it here. I'm going to do search for that info again, but I am absolutely positive that I read that he is throwing his hat in the ring... will post whatever i can find :)

Momma - I had a saved link that doesn't go anywhere now (how convenient lol), I was going to copy paste it here. I'm going to do search for that info again, but I am absolutely positive that I read that he is throwing his hat in the ring... will post whatever i can find :)

Thanks!

I just can NOT believe this! I mean seriously?! This is the craziest story/case/circus I've ever heard about in my life.

By chance (I'm trying to find someone else who remembers this) do you know of the video where GA admitted to thinking about/attempting suicide in October? I remember the interview but can't find it!

:blowkiss:

Exactly. I heard this guy make this crazy statement the other night on a TH show. I'm sure he doesn't even know half of the information we have here...he was told the bones were found scattered in the woods, and he drew his own conclusion. NEED TO STOP THIS RUMOR HERE. If it comes out later as fact, then discuss it.

Thank you. I read all the threads start to finish and I sometimes see how an idea is planted, birthed, discussed and becomes fact all in one thread. Like that old game of telephone. This is headed in that direction.

However, I understand that this case has been so insane that nothing would surprise us IF it turns out to be true.

It is amazing George didn't make Cindy one of the two he alerted about wanting to die. He has so many reasons to be depressed. I wish someone had gotten him into grief counseling months ago. I personally hope the Dr decides it is NOT in George's best interest to see Cindy. I think he needs his distance from her. She pushes & pushes & pushes & just doesnt know when to stop.
My heart goes out to George. He is so heart broken & I think has done so many things to try & keep his family together. I hope he gets all the help he needs & realizes Casey killed her child. I know it must be tearing George apart that he didnt protect that baby. I am not sure anyone could have protected Caylee. George is in my prayers & I am so very sorry this has happened.

You could take that two ways. You could take that to mean he doesn't trust her enough to reach out to her. But you could also take that to mean he loves her and wants to protect her from the pain of what he was talking about doing.

I doubt if Caylee was dismembered, didn't a doctor say many of Caylee's bones were so small they wouldn't be connected? But also, I wouldn't be surprised if Casey intentionally killed her pets (for instance if they pooped too much for her liking) & then buried them in "the zone" where Caylee was found. I don't think Casey would want to get dirty by dismembering either (sorry to be so gruesome)

I read this on the internet, a couple weeks ago if you follow the link to Greta the story following: "Don't be surprised"... is now about not needing to be guilty to seek immunity. But the first time I read it, it was very much about dismemberment...

Caylee Anthony: Don’t be surprised by this ! « GretaWire
As investigators in Florida seek answers in the Caylee Anthony murder case ...... She dismembered her child at around the same time Caylee went missing - In ...
gretawire.foxnews.com/2009/01/01/caylee-anthony-dont-be-surprised-by-
this/ - 197k -

the first time I read it I was looking for something else, but this link came from Googling Caylee Anthony dismemberment. The Greta story is 2/ 3650. (1 being Topix)

Google link http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Caylee+Anthony+dismembered

Greta link http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2009/01/01/caylee-anthony-dont-be-surprised-by-this/

:clap::clap::clap:
ITA

Thanks!

I just can NOT believe this! I mean seriously?! This is the craziest story/case/circus I've ever heard about in my life.

By chance (I'm trying to find someone else who remembers this) do you know of the video where GA admitted to thinking about/attempting suicide in October? I remember the interview but can't find it!

:blowkiss:

I remember George saying he would give his life for Caylee and take Casey's place in prison but don't remember it as sounding like suicide-talk, but I could have missed it - something else to search for now too so it doesn't drive me crazy, lol!

You're so right, this whole case could not be any more wild & crazy!! :bang:

I don't know if it's already been posted, but here is a link to Conway's unedited press conference this afternoon, via Wesh News.
Conway is overcome with emotion and has to take a break at the beginning of the conference.

Last night's events were absolutely heartbreaking and I thank God that George Anthony is safe. I remember George saying "I wish I could take your pain away from you. I wish I could take everyone's pain," during the video visits with Casey. Those words immediately sprang to my mind last night when I read that George was missing, and my heart sank. My heart has always gone out to George and I truly believe he is a good man. My thoughts and prayers are with the Anthony family. If I could take some of George's pain away, I would.

then I heard somewhere that he mentioned that ca is angry at ga????

It's not uncommon for loved ones to be angry with someone who commits suicide. Those left behind feel abandoned. In all her crazy actions, this is CA saying "I need you, don't leave me."

In the George is missing thread it stated that a Baker-acted person can
not have any visitors for at least 24 hours...........more privileges.

Because it is a legal hold I believe atty's are exempt, it's not special treatment or privileges.

Sad. The last thing GA needs is Conway at his bedside. Or any of his immediate family members. IMO. He needs someone neutral. A doctor, a professional, with no agenda. Sad, really sad.

Again, he may very well need to talk to Brad and if they bonded Brad is the perfect person to talk to Geo. Brad is neutral, he's the atty, he's not his brother or best friend. And we don't know, Brad may have been depressed after his accident, which would give Geo much insight into putting a life back together after a tragedy.

Why is it clear that CA had to have known the meds were gone?

He took the whole bottles according to the 911 tape.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back