Brad Cooper Indicted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really a moot point now though. Brad's parents on that stand weren't going to get the kids back for him, he was going to be indicted regardless of what they did or said, regardless of what anyone said, and it's a fait accompli. Comes down to the evidence and his parents can't erase whatever evidence exists that LE found.

So it's okay to bash BC's mom, but it's not okay for people to question KL's motives? I think we are all in agreement that BC's mom had nothing to do with NCs murder. They are also her grandkids, and I'm sure she loves them tremendously.

I do not question BC's mom's love for her grandchildren for one moment. Everyone's "love" expression/feeling is subjective and certainly not an area I would delve into or challenge.

My point was, after reading about the hurtful things she did/said to NC, even using her "beloved" grandchild as a tool to express her wrath toward's NC, really is disturbing. If she did/said the things she allegedly did to NC, she inadvertently hurt her grandchildren. To cause their mom grief hurts them too.

I have 2 sons and cannot imagine being thrown out of my grandchildren's life for any reason. I would fight like h*11 to keep my gkids in my life, and expect the Cooper's are going to do the same.:mad:
Exactly my point, they didn't when given the chance on the 16th. NO ONE fought in court from the Cooper side for Katie and Bella.

I would fight tooth and nail for my kids, be clawing my way to get on the stand, but the Coopers stayed MUM.

Not having the living parent or paternal gp's take the stand for the a custody hearing IMO speaks volumes.
In my eyes it showed cool behavior more than a warm loving one.

Again you are looking for PDA, this is not this type of family, none of us knows what they are like behind closed doors, we do not know what the Listers are like behind closed doors either, we only know what we think we see in public. I feel sorry for BC's family this has to be hard on them and now they are being attacked for no reason whatsoever. The Listers and Rentz put themselves out there for the court of public opinion, the Coopers have not, they have merely stood quietly by their son with dignity and respect for authority.

Brad boy indicted :clap: :clap: :clap:
8x311d.jpg

Again you are looking for PDA, this is not this type of family, none of us knows what they are like behind closed doors, we do not know what the Listers are like behind closed doors either, we only know what we think we see in public. I feel sorry for BC's family this has to be hard on them and now they are being attacked for no reason whatsoever. The Listers and Rentz put themselves out there for the court of public opinion, the Coopers have not, they have merely stood quietly by their son with dignity and respect for authority.

Well, at the end of the day, BC is charged with NC's murder and the whole situation sucks all the way around.

To say one is grateful the children are with the Lister's and it become a contentious subject is really interesting. The decision was made, those with the fight took the stand and won.

I'm going to come online and agree with you I was out of line to use the term "dysfunctional"...heck what is "functional"? I just believe, based on details available for consideration, the right decision was made concerning the welfare of the girls.

As I understand, BC's family live in Canada and IMO could be a part of the girls life if they expressed desire to do so.

No matter the mean/hurtful things BC's mom allegedly said/did, it is beyond my comprehension the pain she has to be feeling with regard to the recent conviction of her son for murder.

I'm thankful for you sharpening my thoughts/perspective justthinking2008

Wow, do you know the Coopers or the Listers, calling someone dysfunctional without any real proof is bold. True NC did not like her MIL, well she can join the crowd of thousands that do not like their in-laws, all of the information regarding the in-laws is pure hearsay. If KL is the person some of you say she is, she will not consider adoption out of respect for her sister, plus regardless of guilt BC will have to agree to it and I doubt he will. Still believe the girls should be allowed to choose when they are old enough to understand what is happening. What if the adoption proceeds and the girls are angry that NC name is gone from their birth certificates and they have no legal way to prove she was their mom, you never know, they just might need to prove it one day. Of course they will know who mom and dad are, but legally they will no longer be related to BC and NC will become their Aunt.

???? Why do you keep bringing up the adoption issue??? Not one word about that has ever been said by the Rentzes or the Listers.

And no matter what, Nancy will always be their birth mother. No way could Nancy ever become their aunt.

What is PDA?
This is not an attack, but a fact. Not 1 member of the Cooper family took the stand and as you state they stood quiet. IIRC this discussion was about the Coopers fighting for time to see the girl's. I simply said they didn't do it when they had the chance.

What is PDA?
This is not an attack, but a fact. Not 1 member of the Cooper family took the stand and as you state they stood quiet. IIRC this discussion was about the Coopers fighting for time to see the girl's. I simply said they didn't do it when they had the chance.

I think PDA is "Public Display of Affection".

Is it possible if BC's mom took the stand, she faced hearing all the things we read about her being hurtful towards NC in front of the girls and BC? It may have proved damaging...just a thought.

Respectfully, I do not consider doing right by your daughter and grandchildren "putting yourself out in the public." They were thrust into that position by BC's actions. They protected their grandchildren and insured their safety and well-being in the worst of possible situations and are to be commended. In general I do not think family member's are responsible for other's actions; I just wish like he** someone would have stepped in before this happened. Coulda Shoulda Woulda, I know, but again, this was preventable.
I saw NC as a woman that was hoping to get through a horrific seperation and divorce with the least amount of exposure to her young girls, the most amount of privacy and dignity she could muster, and she paid for that with her life, imo. I am still not sure I know the lesson from this one.

They were old enough to decide. There is nothing wrong with the Cooper name in Canada this line of thought is horribly unfair to BC's family, they are innocent victims here as well. The whole attitude toward the Cooper family is execrable, unbelievable.

I have 2 sons and cannot imagine being thrown out of my grandchildren's life for any reason. I would fight like h*11 to keep my gkids in my life, and expect the Cooper's are going to do the same.:mad:

As far as I know there aren't any Grandparent rights in this Country. I know for a fact that there isn't any in the state I live in. We only get to see my brother's children at the whim of my ex-sister-in-law. For no reason other than she has Borderline Personality Disorder. In my opinion the Cooper's were damned if they did or damned if they didn't. Look at Matthew Winkler's parents, they couldn't get custody and she admitted to killing her husband.

Their last name as Cooper will carry a stigma. It will always be with them, even though it is NOT their fault. This is sad, but true.

I feel IF NC had a will and stated her feelings on this, do it with no 2nd thought.

IIRC, BC told her and the girl's to get out and never wanted to see them again, and felt this way until the end of April? IMO he truely felt this way, then only to realize what it was going to cost him. This statement wasn't said 1 night only to sleep on it and tell NC the next day he didn't mean it..he meant it. He even helped get the house prepared to sell so she could GET OUT!

IMO if BC get convicted the last name needs to be removed immediately and their new identity begins.

Thanks Mom for verbalizing what I attempted to. The name WILL carry a stigma and the name changee would enable the family's attempt at normalcy for the girls.

By the way Mom....I ALWAYS appreciated your posts and put credence to all you posted. Thanks for your insight on this forum!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Welcome back, Bubba!!!!! Missed you!

Good to be back Star. Even better to see an indictment for Nancy's murder. Pretty awesome that justice will now proceed.

ETA - I see the Yates Mill issue turned out to be false allegations - hmmmm. Very strange.

Not having the living parent or paternal gp's take the stand for the a custody hearing IMO speaks volumes.
In my eyes it showed cool behavior more than a warm loving one.

I agree. I don't think that you'll see the Coopers fighting for visitation. The kids are with the Listers in Ontario which is quite a ways from Medicine Hat, AB. Before all of this, the Coopers saw the kids about twice a year. I don't think that will change. Maybe they'll still send letters and cards and make more phone calls to the kids to try and foster a better relationship but I don't know.

Sadly, I don't know if the Listers/Rentzs will be bending over backwards to bring the kids down or invite the Coopers up to Edmonton when the kids come to Alberta. I think there's going to be some bad blood between those families. I would hope that NC's dad, from his previous employment position, will recognize the importance of including BC's family in the girls lives but I think right now, it's going to be very very difficult to see past what has happened. Particularly as this goes to trial. BC's family is still going to stand up for him and defend him and I think that makes it hard for these families to meet in the middle for the sake of the girls.

Just a really sad, heartbreaking situation. :-(

Good to be back Star. Even better to see an indictment for Nancy's murder. Pretty awesome that justice will now proceed.

ETA - I see the Yates Mill issue turned out to be false allegations - hmmmm. Very strange.

missed your insights on this forum. glad you're back to see the indictment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member