Brad Cooper Indicted

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I guess the good news is that a jury of BC's peers WILL hear the evidence, they'll assign whatever weight to that evidence they want, the defense will get to counter what is presented by the prosecution if they want and are able to and hopefully the right person will be tried for the crime and justice will be the outcome. If there is DNA evidence that links him to the murder then it will be hard to say the wrong person was indicted. If there are files on his computer that show he was seeking to dump a body it will be hard to say the wrong person was indicted.

As for Alan Gell, he wasn't indicted by a Wake County Grand Jury, wasn't tried in Wake County by the Wake County DA, the prosecution withheld evidence, and his conviction was through (faulty) eyewitness testimony by 2 girls who took plea bargains and pinned the murder on him. You can't compare the Alan Gell case with the Brad Cooper case; they have nothing in common except that both cases occurred in North Carolina.

Mom - there is some math to this case. For instance:

1 SW served on BC's home ----- 0 SW served on anyone else's home

1 SW served on BC's employer --- 0 SW served on anyone else's employer

1 SW to search BC's computers----- 0 SW served to search anyone else's computers

1 True Bill issued against BC ------ 0 True Bills issued against any one else

1 Arrest Warrant for BC ---- 0 Arrest warrants for anyone else.

Better than three strikes.:crazy:
Absolutely it is better than 3, actually 5 strikes! These numbers are great to look at outside the courtroom. All 0's and 1's depending on which side you are lookng at.:crazy:

Inside I just want hear 12 agree on murder in the 1st degree.

But I am sure it is also a conspiracy since no one else was looked at.:bang:

Absolutely it is better than 3, actually 5 strikes! These numbers are great to look at outside the courtroom. All 0's and 1's depending on which side you are lookng at.:crazy:

Inside I just want hear 12 agree on murder in the 1st degree.

But I am sure it is also a conspiracy since no one else was looked at.:bang:

Of course that will be the claim, however from the beginning Chief Bazemore was very direct in saying that people and things have to be ruled in or out. She repeated this in yesterdays comments. Mr. Hiller accused, in the press, that LE was trying to coerce him but yet decided not to repeat that in court, only admiting to being naive. Guess the evidence took LE where it led - BC's front door. K & B still hasn't posted the HT video from 0400 - to say 0500 - the one thing they could have posted to dispell what they claimed to be rumor. Gotta wonder why not. They'll be getting all those autopsy notes now. :crazy:

Wouldn't you love a little peek into the murder files and and full ME files right about now, RC? I know I would. I want to know exactly what they've amassed since 7/12.

Wouldn't you love a little peek into the murder files and and full ME files right about now, RC? I know I would. I want to know exactly what they've amassed since 7/12.

I sure would to be honest about it. We know from the depositions that the FBI was doing the computer forensics on the hard drives. Then all of a sudden there is an indictment, poetic justice perhaps?

I sure would to be honest about it. We know from the depositions that the FBI was doing the computer forensics on the hard drives. Then all of a sudden there is an indictment, poetic justice perhaps?
Oh it would be irony at it's best, yes. I can't believe it would be data on computer drives that would nail it...I'm clinging to it being DNA or something besides just web searches or documents found. Could he have been THAT stupid?

Of course that will be the claim, however from the beginning Chief Bazemore was very direct in saying that people and things have to be ruled in or out. She repeated this in yesterdays comments. Mr. Hiller accused, in the press, that LE was trying to coerce him but yet decided not to repeat that in court, only admiting to being naive. Guess the evidence took LE where it led - BC's front door. K & B still hasn't posted the HT video from 0400 - to say 0500 - the one thing they could have posted to dispell what they claimed to be rumor. Gotta wonder why not. They'll be getting all those autopsy notes now. :crazy:
Naive=going to the media and trashing the LE? Guess this is a character that lacks common sense IMO

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you DON'T trash the LE, especially in the city you live in.

Isn't he the very ONE who amended his affidavit to say BC did have plans to play tennis?? Now how do you forget to say that on your 1st round affidavit?:confused:

I smell a fish.

Oh it would be irony at it's best, yes. I can't believe it would be data on computer drives that would nail it...I'm clinging to it being DNA or something besides just web searches or documents found. Could he have been THAT stupid?

Just my thought, from the autopsy and a comparison to the SW inventory, there will be some DNA IMO. Perhaps from under Nancy's finger or toe nails, perhaps some touch DNA results from the only clothing she had on or other clothing, if it were found at the same location as her body. If it turns out that hair from the front spoiler and the front wheel well of the 325 i turns out to be Nancy's, that is ceratinly going to be a difficult item to try to discredit or even explain. Then again, it is always possible Le found a single diamond stud earring somewhere where it shouldn't have been - never know.

Same rules, laws apply to every county in the state. And Wake County does serve as the home part of each year for another corrupt branch of government. Politics (which is another word for personal agendas) bleed all the way down the line - even youth sports!!

I'm just saying, LE from every jurisdiction in Wake parade in front of us for that 6 months, and if I had closed my eyes, I wouldn't have been able to tell one from another. They all sounded alike - used the same phrases, same arrest scenarios (most were drug cases) - it was just tooooo obvious they had been coached, as probably most witnesses are - and it leaves one suspect.

So, I take this endictment w/ a grain of salt. All it means is that one Cary detective went in a room full of average citizens (I think 24??) and spelled out his case. I'm sure he was asked questions, because it's probably the most interesting case they've heard on their watch. But it could be that the case was turned down several times before (remember the scalding), and they have finally found a sympathetic GJ, or the 'holdouts' were absent, and that is why it has taken so long. Or, it may be just that we have an election coming up, and certain individuals want to ensure that certain members of their party are viewed favorably by the public, and a high profile case could help.

Naive=going to the media and trashing the LE? Guess this is a character that lacks common sense IMO

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you DON'T trash the LE, especially in the city you live in.

Isn't he the very ONE who amended his affidavit to say BC did have plans to play tennis?? Now how do you forget to say that on your 1st round affidavit?:confused:

I smell a fish.

I've thought that whole story was kind of fishy - MH was at the party - he says he spoke with Brad, but yet he waits til Brad goes home to ask Nancy if Brad could play tennis with him the next morning and Nancy conveniently uses her phone to call Brad so MH could tell him it was approved and make the time arrangements. Certainly seems odd to me, but we won't know for sure, the only person who could confirm that as being real is dead.

K & B still hasn't posted the HT video from 0400 - to say 0500 - the one thing they could have posted to dispell what they claimed to be rumor. Gotta wonder why not. They'll be getting all those autopsy notes now. :crazy:
They have bigger fires to put out now :crazy: I bet Kurtz is scratching his head :waitasec: wondering which piece of evidence to take on first.

I bet the LE took the original tape so no one could overwrite or tamper with it. Way back we discussed the types of tapes used, camera's and security. IIRC most thought the tape would be used over after a short period of time.

FWIW...they only sent a subpoena to HT. Not HT's, Wal-Mart, Walgreens or any other 24 store in the area. Their statement about BC NOT going to any other stores that morning....how do they know?:confused:

Interesting. I guess the good news is that a jury of BC's peers WILL hear the evidence, they'll assign whatever weight to that evidence they want, the defense will get to counter what is presented by the prosecution if they want and are able to and hopefully the right person will be tried for the crime and justice will be the outcome

I sure hope (for the sake of fairness) that at least one person like ncsu95 (or with a similar thought-process) ends up on the BC jury...

I heard the news on the radio tonight. Glad to hear there will be justice for Nancy.

Same rules, laws apply to every county in the state. And Wake County does serve as the home part of each year for another corrupt branch of government. Politics (which is another word for personal agendas) bleed all the way down the line - even youth sports!!

I'm just saying, LE from every jurisdiction in Wake parade in front of us for that 6 months, and if I had closed my eyes, I wouldn't have been able to tell one from another. They all sounded alike - used the same phrases, same arrest scenarios (most were drug cases) - it was just tooooo obvious they had been coached, as probably most witnesses are - and it leaves one suspect.

So, I take this endictment w/ a grain of salt. All it means is that one Cary detective went in a room full of average citizens (I think 24??) and spelled out his case. I'm sure he was asked questions, because it's probably the most interesting case they've heard on their watch. But it could be that the case was turned down several times before (remember the scalding), and they have finally found a sympathetic GJ, or the 'holdouts' were absent, and that is why it has taken so long. Or, it may be just that we have an election coming up, and certain individuals want to ensure that certain members of their party are viewed favorably by the public, and a high profile case could help.

Thanks for sharing all this CuriousDad... it's very good firsthand insider insight into the GJ process. Bottom line, even with the arrest... there's still more "unknown" about this case than "known". [ and no doubt that will remain true for several months (or years?) until the trial date rolls around... ]

I heard he is in a private cell so he can meet with his attorney.

Suicide watch? I haven't heard that he is. IMO, if he is suicidal he did it to himself for the crime he commited.

As my mom always told me, "you made your bed now you lie in it."

Oh dear...Mom...the version I know from a 93 year old Holocaust survivor is: You burn your a$$, you sit on the boils"....

Oh dear...Mom...the version I know from a 93 year old Holocaust survivor is: You burn your a$$, you sit on the boils"....
Maja...I am sure there are dozens of versions. I was raised with so many motto's that I find I am using them all the time on here.

So many fit old Brad boy, but IMHO the one that fits him best is...
"ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS"

I heard the news on the radio tonight. Glad to hear there will be justice for Nancy.
Many of us are happy justice for Nancy will be served. I'm happy the girl's weren't present when all this happened yesterday, but safely in Canada.

Many of us are happy justice for Nancy will be served. I'm happy the girl's weren't present when all this happened yesterday, but safely in Canada.

What an amazing development!! I am lost for words. :) I think that JA said it best:

"Jessica Adam, a friend of Nancy Cooper's, said she was relieved at news of Monday's indictment.

"This matter obviously desperately needs some closure," she said. "I'm grateful for where we are today.""
http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1270910.html

I am very happy for NC's friends and family.

Thanks Mom for verbalizing what I attempted to. The name WILL carry a stigma and the name changee would enable the family's attempt at normalcy for the girls.

By the way Mom....I ALWAYS appreciated your posts and put credence to all you posted. Thanks for your insight on this forum!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank You.
I am finally getting to read some posts from earlier today. I didn't want you to think I ignored you. :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025