Brad Cooper Indicted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the evidence. As disgusting as it was, the OJ criminal verdict wasn't far fetched. I watched most of that trial and the prosecutors screwed that trial up every which way possible...and in my opinion, were more concerned about their new found fame than the verdict. The civil trial was much better and the verdict was correct.

I watched much of the OJ trial also and thought the verdict was correct because of how bad the prosecution presented the case. I have no doubt OJ is guilty based on the evidence presented. I hope we will see the coverage of this case like the OJ one. I want to be able to read the transcripts daily like that trial.

QUOTE=SleuthyGal;2875760]I honestly think their viewpoints are formed as a result of intense anger and frustration at their friend/relative/comrade, Brad, being in the spotlight of suspicion. There seems to be a pattern: try to accuse someone else of perpetuating the crime to take the focus off of Brad in anyway possible, regardless of whether there's any logic or even evidence to support such an accusation, then try to suggest that Nancy's family conspired to make Brad's life as difficult as possible by unlawfully removing his children because they merely wanted the kids, and not because there was any fear or they had information that indicated a potentially dangerous situation. No, better to believe the family is crazy/vindictive/scheming because that makes it all the more palatable and provides a focus towards a villain that is not, cannot be Brad himself.

I don't know if they truly deep down believe Brad is innocent and being framed, or they feel a kinship/loyalty to a friend and simply cannot imagine that this man could have ever done such a thing, and are having trouble accepting what has transpired so far.

Do they ever wonder why their friend lied, why he acted in ways that focused attention and scrutiny on himself, or why he made inconsistent statements that could be proved to be inconsistent?

Do they wonder what evidence has been gathered and results returned from various labs and the FBI, that has allowed Brad to be the sole suspect/defendant?

Do they now wonder why the DA, a man infamous for extreme caution and hesitation to indict (to the great frustration of many other victims' families who continue to wait eons) has allowed this man, Brad, to be indicted?

Do they believe that neighbors, Nancy's friends, Nancy's family, or really any citizen has the power to make such a legal action happen?

Do they know that only the police and the DA and the CCBI and the FBI and ultimately a grand jury can decide if there is enough evidence, if the evidence can clearly point to an individual or not in order to legally arrest someone?

I'm not sure if they understand this. At some point each person needs to look at the totality of what's happening and, as evidence finally emerges, learn why Brad is being held without bail on a premeditated murder charge. This is not a charge dealt lightly by Wake County. Whether he'll be convicted in the end I don't know, but Brad helped himself get right where he is--there is not a vast conspiracy to 'get him' just because.

Despite what might be imagined, justice doesn't mean charging (and ultimately convicting) just anyone for a murder. Not in this county, which as far as Brad is concerned, is the only one that counts.[/QUOTE]

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: SG, few on this site can match your intelligence, your insight, your thoughtfulness and your fairness. I humbly agree with all of the above. Thank you for stating my exact feelings so very well.

RD

:clap: Isn't that the truth!

Welcome back, RC!

Hello Dogwood. It was nice to return home to find that an arrest has been made in this case. Now justice may proceed. We need another arrest soon, the Michelle Young case. With all that we have seen of the evidence in that case with no arrest, Brad must have really messed up big time to wind up in jail this soon.

I suspect some unexpected twists are soon to come.

First of all, I feel sorry for the Coopers' and you are right, the Listers' and Rentzs' have put themselves out there....bravely, I might add with one common objective - the protection of those children.

1) That is just not true. Many adoptions go through without the consent of the natural father. If BC is convicted of murdering the childrens' mother - all the more easier.
2) Where I come from the Petition for Adoption includes the names of the biological parents. This Petition, Affidavits of the Petitioner(s) and Adoption Order (which by the way is a legal document) are all registered in the Supreme Court. At least, this is what my Adoption documents show.

I must say you are fairly uninformed regarding adoption in the US and Canada, once a child is adopted the originial birth certificate is sealed. A new certificate is issued with the names of the adopters, as if the bio parents never existed. I realize KL will not let the kids forget NC; however, once the kids are legally "her children" NC for legal purposes becomes their aunt, no doubt about that, ask any lawyer. If and when BC loses his parental rights it will be up to the social services system to allow KL and JL adopt these children. Quite honesty I could give a rat's a$$ about what BC thinks, I just do not want these kids to have to suffer anymore, we all know they are in for a hard life emotionally, regardless of how much KL loves her she can never ever replace NC and BC. You need to read the book Primal Wound, it describes in detail the loss of a mother and the effect on the child emotionally. Nothing can ever replace your "real" mother no matter how hard they try, you are bonded with her invitro. So feel sorry for the kids and the Listers this is not going to be easy for anyone. IF BC is guilty may he rot, if not he gets the girls and still has to deal with the loss of mom, again no winners.:mad:

I realize I haven't kept up with this case since the beginning weeks, but I am shocked so many are even surprised to hear that he was indicted! WTH?! Who didn't see this coming?! From Day One, I thought it was more than obvious he was responsible for what happened to Nancy. !

Hi SS - Nice to see you back!:)

I know what you're saying but I have to say some of us were surprised that he was indicted so quickly. Many of us are still waiting on the jason young - 2 yrs next week!:mad:

Sheesh! Adoption laws in the US vary by state...and they vary drastically! What are "open records" in one state are :sealed permanently" in another or "sealed until one's 18th birthday" in another, and so on. The issue differs everywhere. They also have changed a lot, most likely, since any of us were adopted versus current adoption records and rules.

Now, let's get back to the case or start another thread!

7B‑1111. Grounds for terminating parental rights.
The parent has committed murder or voluntary manslaughter of another child of the parent or other child residing in the home; has aided, abetted, attempted, conspired, or solicited to commit murder or voluntary manslaughter of the child, another child of the parent, or other child residing in the home; has committed a felony assault that results in serious bodily injury to the child, another child of the parent, or other child residing in the home; or has committed murder or voluntary manslaughter of the other parent of the child. The petitioner has the burden of proving any of these offenses in the termination of parental rights hearing by (i) proving the elements of the offense or (ii) offering proof that a court of competent jurisdiction has convicted the parent of the offense, whether or not the conviction was by way of a jury verdict or any kind of plea. If the parent has committed the murder or voluntary manslaughter of the other parent of the child, the court shall consider whether the murder or voluntary manslaughter was committed in self‑defense or in the defense of others, or whether there was substantial evidence of other justification.

Thanks again Garner - it's nice to see some 'authority' here!:)

it seems to me that the psychologist may have advised that the girls not have face-to-face time with brad when they were in NC. it could well be that krista & their family was kept more appraised of the investigation than we're aware of. meaning that if they thought there was a high probability of indictment, the girls didn't need the emotional roller coaster/flip flop AND, obviously more important, krista may have discussed with the psychologist whether the girls were safe with a visitation with brad, given her certainty that brad killed nancy.

nonetheless, i'm very sad tonight for everybody. total tragedy. can't begin to imagine how the cooper's are doing....

on the plus side, maybe "Jim" will now have more time to help SG take care of her lawn, interact with her dog, and answer questions upon questions

That wasn't what she said in court. She said the court didn't order her to, so she didn't.

I must say you are fairly uninformed regarding adoption in the US and Canada, once a child is adopted the originial birth certificate is sealed. A new certificate is issued with the names of the adopters, as if the bio parents never existed.

I never mentioned the birth certificates. I said that the Peition for Adoption which is registered in the Court includes the names of the biological parents which refutes your argument that the children would not have a legal document stating who the natural parents were.

2 weeks ago, he had not been charged with a crime. As of now, he hasn't been convicted of a crime. He might very well be the person that murdered their mom, but as of now he is presumed innocent until proven guilty. I still haven't seen anything that changes where I was on the fence. It obviously exists, but I haven't seen it.

And he is still there father. I said back then, and I stand by it...if they have the evidence, arrest him. At that time, they had not arrested him and he had the right to see his kids.
Thank God someone had the foresight to prevent that from happening! I applaud Krista and her family for taking care of those children in a way that is for their protection and well being. The girls are now and have been since they were given to the family in capable hands. Brad should not be allowed to see them even if he isn't convicted, imo. The girls deserve a life without a shadow following them and he will always have that shadow over him.

People who have to wait for evidence to hit them in the face amaze me and also frustrate me to no end. This isn't a court of law and I don't have to wait until a trial before I can see what is as plain as the nose on my face. I don't have to presume his innocence. It is my opinion that he is as guilty as sin of killing Nancy and dumping her body. His story never added up. He had motive. He had opportunity. I believe in the end you will find DNA and other evidence which will link him to her at the time of her death. They do not arrest without viable evidence and in this case...I am certain they didn't.

I realize I haven't kept up with this case since the beginning weeks, but I am shocked so many are even surprised to hear that he was indicted! WTH?! Who didn't see this coming?! From Day One, I thought it was more than obvious he was responsible for what happened to Nancy.

It was not a mistake, from the sounds of things, for me to have left this case for awhile. My opinion would not have changed from the beginning and this would have been the outcome I would have predicted thus far. There is enough evidence to charge him and I am glad to see that there will be some Justice for Nancy, her children, and her family.

What happened to her should never happen to any young mother and her children will always pay the price for their father's sins. I am sick of men erasing their wives and...being narcissitic @sses...to think they can get away with it!

Lol, You and me both. You know, as an observation, it seems to me that the trend to use GJ's is increasing and I think in similar cases it is really prudent. Longer "justice cycle"- yes, better shot at prosecution- definately!

Hi SS - Nice to see you back!:)

I know what you're saying but I have to say some of us were surprised that he was indicted so quickly. Many of us are still waiting on the jason young - 2 yrs next week!:mad:
Hi, Jilly! :wave: What is so odd is that I am surprised it took this long!

Jason Young is another story. I still haven't figured out what is going on with that case. Very strange there has been no move towards an arrest there. The evidence does seem compelling, but there must be something that LE has which has added some confusion or some roadblock.

Thank God someone had the foresight to prevent that from happening! I applaud Krista and her family for taking care of those children in a way that is for their protection and well being. The girls are now and have been since they were given to the family in capable hands. Brad should not be allowed to see them even if he isn't convicted, imo. The girls deserve a life without a shadow following them and he will always have that shadow over him.

People who have to wait for evidence to hit them in the face amaze me and also frustrate me to no end. This isn't a court of law and I don't have to wait until a trial before I can see what is as plain as the nose on my face. I don't have to presume his innocence. It is my opinion that he is as guilty as sin of killing Nancy and dumping her body. His story never added up. He had motive. He had opportunity. I believe in the end you will find DNA and other evidence which will link him to her at the time of her death. They do not arrest without viable evidence and in this case...I am certain they didn't.

Huh? He had other supervised visits during the past 3 months. Why do you "Thank God" that they didn't let him have another? The visits were supervised and whether you like it or not, he will always be their father.

This is great news! I was wondering what was taking so long for him to be arrested. How ironic it's the year anniversary of Stacy Peterson disappearing and Drew was on the Today show. Hopefully he will be next and he should be charges with two counts of murder for both of his wives that he killed.

I am thrilled to see you both back, Blink34 and SeriouslySearching!:clap::clap: The day I joined WS (July 15th)and posted my 1st post your support was wonderful. I just love hearing your insight about this case.

Lol, You and me both. You know, as an observation, it seems to me that the trend to use GJ's is increasing and I think in similar cases it is really prudent. Longer "justice cycle"- yes, better shot at prosecution- definately!
I think that the use of a GJ should be used especially in cases like these. When men erase their wives, the evidence trail is very thin and they cover their tracks fairly well since it then becomes more difficult to distinguish things with DNA, fingerprinting, etc. for prosecution purposes. They have to rely heavily on the past behaviors, motives, current circumstances, and other things more than at any other time. It is better to have a GJ involved.

I am thrilled to see you both back, Blink34 and SeriouslySearching!:clap::clap: The day I joined WS (July 15th)and posted my 1st post your support was wonderful. I just love hearing your insight about this case.
Hugs to you, Mom! :blowkiss: You still have my support. :) Nice to be back and appreciated.

Huh? He had other supervised visits during the past 3 months. Why do you "Thank God" that they didn't let him have another? The visits were supervised and whether you like it or not, he will always be their father.
While he will always be listed as their father, I am glad their role model will be their grandfather. I have a lot of respect for him.

I honestly didn't realize he got to have other visits and I find it disturbing actually.

Depends on the evidence. As disgusting as it was, the OJ criminal verdict wasn't far fetched. I watched most of that trial and the prosecutors screwed that trial up every which way possible...and in my opinion, were more concerned about their new found fame than the verdict. The civil trial was much better and the verdict was correct.

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Deluxe with Judge (lol) Ito greeting celebrities in the "Cloaking Room" where the county had set up for the infamous on-and-off of the proverbial robe.

That case is something America probably needed to see. I don't know. For every bit of 'goods' (blood evidence, cut finger, golf balls?) there was, in my opinion, reasonable doubt or plausible deniability pursuant to the findings.

However, and I do agree with ncsu95 about the trial, blown case, and the horrendous job Marcia Clark and her co-horts did on the case and on the District Attorney's office. Notwithstanding the $6 million dollar "advance" paid to her for her crappy book. Chris Darden as well....he sucked!

ncsu95--the reason why the civil trial was so quick, efficient, and effective was that the attorney's for the plaintiff (Goldman's and Brown's) were able to use a 'mountain of evidence' not allowed in the criminal trial.

Bruno Magali shoes. Hmmm, given the Baysian theory alone would have convicted him in criminal court. Personally however, I feel reemed!

I was hoping for a fair trial, that's all. I believe that O.J. received one and then again! I believe for certain that the 'Dream Team' received far more leeway from the Court than did the prosecutors. However I also believe that he was "presumed guilty" predicated upon the timed leaks through our ever (irr)esponsible press.

Ad Infinitum...rather than put a jury to sleep with weeks of dna tutoring, if they'd focused on getting the photos of him actually wearing those shoes they'd convicted him. Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member