Brad Cooper Pleads Guilty to 2nd Degree Murder of Nancy Cooper

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he is giving them up for adoption to Nancy's sister, so his parental rights at that time will be terminated. I highly doubt the children will ever want to see their mother's murderer. :moo:

You never know. They might watch the trial and see how he got railroaded. And when they research, they will find that Bella saw her mom that morning.

No it's in the written agreement. He gave up all rights to them. He cannot contact them as minors, he is no longer their parent, he signed it away. And it will totally be up to them if they ever want to see him once they are adults. They can, if they choose, as adults, keep him away.

Um, I watched the hearing. You said he will never see them and you are dreaming. You have no idea how this will play out.

His lawyers were poseurs and did a good job at making people think there was a conspiracy. They proved how gullible people can be.

No offense, but this is a bunch of crock. His lawyers did a fantastic job defending him. There was also no accusation of conspiracy, there was an accusation of tampering, these are two different things. The reason why some of us believed him to be innocent is because the EVIDENCE showed he was not guilty. The defense demonstrated time and again that the prosecution theories were flawed or simply wrong.

Edited to add: Actually, I don't care if you take offense. Your comments continue to be over the top.

Of course you do. Brad can only be believed until he says he is, in fact, guilty and signs on the dotted line. Then he's lying.

He signed his rights away. There it is.

And if what the State said today is true, he committed first degree murder. Shame on them for giving him a plea deal if that was the case.

The simple fact remains, there is only a binary possibility: either he killed her or he did not. No one here knows for a fact either way. His admission in court contributes to the belief as to whether or not he did it, but it is not definitive either. It simply moves the bar way onto the guilty side. But he also had an incentive to lie.

The celebrations and self-congratulatory rhetoric on the part of the people who believed him to be guilty are really disgraceful.

You are confusing the time the phone call supposedly took with the log file that indicates a computer was connected to the router to perform the configuration that would allow the call to be routed. They are related, but the time would not have to match at all. It is like saying you come into my kitchen and finding eggs, milk, oil, cake mix, bowls, a mixer and dirty cake pans out, but this somehow proving that I didn't cook a roast in there.

Even if the log does not match the duration or time of the call, it only means that a connection was made to the router that would allow it to have a configuration file changed. In totality it is very damaging, especially since he claimed he didn't have a router like that.

That is not what was said at all.

You never know. They might watch the trial and see how he got railroaded. And when they research, they will find that Bella saw her mom that morning.
:laughing: :laughing:

And if what the State said today is true, he committed first degree murder. Shame on them for giving him a plea deal if that was the case.
Shame on Brad Cooper for killing his wife and dumping her body in a ditch!

The simple fact remains, there is only a binary possibility: either he killed her or he did not. No one here knows for a fact either way. His admission in court contributes to the belief as to whether or not he did it, but it is not definitive either. It simply moves the bar way onto the guilty side. But he also had an incentive to lie.

The celebrations and self-congratulatory rhetoric on the part of the people who believed him to be guilty are really disgraceful.
He killed her, he admitted it, end of story. I think that being a convicted murderer is disgraceful, but that's just me.

No offense, but this is a bunch of crock. His lawyers did a fantastic job defending him. There was also no accusation of conspiracy, there was an accusation of tampering, these are two different things. The reason why some of us believed him to be innocent is because the EVIDENCE showed he was not guilty. The defense demonstrated time and again that the prosecution theories were flawed or simply wrong.
[modsnip]
So do the comments coming from Brad's supporters in the wake of his admission of guilt. Again, if the prosecution theories were so flawed and simply wrong why didn't he reject the plea and go to retrial? [modsnip]

So do the comments coming from Brad's supporters in the wake of his admission of guilt. Again, if the prosecution theories were so flawed and simply wrong why didn't he reject the plea and go to retrial? I'm not expecting a logical response, because there isn't one.

If the prosecution theories were so sound and completely right, why did they give him a plea deal, lie and put on a sham trial that got overturned?

So do the comments coming from Brad's supporters in the wake of his admission of guilt. Again, if the prosecution theories were so flawed and simply wrong why didn't he reject the plea and go to retrial? [modsnip]

[modsnip]
Many of the prosecution theories were flawed, this is a fact. And yet, he can still be guilty despite this. There are lots of reasons to take a plea. One could be that he is guilty. One could be that he doesn't want to risk a false conviction and spend the rest of his life in jail.

Um, I watched the hearing. You said he will never see them and you are dreaming. You have no idea how this will play out.

No SStarr, go back and read. I said he will never see them as long as they are minors. And when he gets out the oldest will be either 16 or 17 and the youngest will be 14 or 15. They will still legally be minors. He is not allowed to contact them. He is no longer their parent. Once the children are adults, it is up to them what they want to do (have contact or have no contact whatsoever). The children can choose to never see him again. That's what I said, more than once, actually.

No SStarr, go back and read. I said he will never see them as long as they are minors. And when he gets out the oldest will be either 16 or 17 and the youngest will be 14 or 15. They will still legally be minors. He is not allowed to contact them. He is no longer their parent. Once the children are adults, it is up to them what they want to do (have contact or have no contact whatsoever). The children can choose to never see him again. That's what I said, more than once, actually.

Just stop.

He gave up custody and all rights. He will never see them. As adults they can legally bar him from ever contacting them if they want. And as minors, which they still will be when he gets out, he's not allowed to see or speak to them. He was very willing to do this, not for their benefit, but his. He had a choice and he signed on the dotted line.

:modstop:

Stop fighting in here. Knock it off.

Salem

[modsnip]
Many of the prosecution theories were flawed, this is a fact. And yet, he can still be guilty despite this. There are lots of reasons to take a plea. One could be that he is guilty. One could be that he doesn't want to risk a false conviction and spend the rest of his life in jail. These are all logical responses.

[modsnip]
[modsnip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members