Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm: No, wasn't meaning that she did -- we were just discussing whether she was younger than BSL.

ETA: LOL, we posted at same time! We're cool now, right?

Always have been :) I was just stating my opinion before I was questioned... lol

Unfortunately, it seems apparent that she had far more love for him than he did for her. She was just someone else he could use, imo. It really does make one wonder if he was capable of loving anyone. JMO

Totally agree. It definately appears to me that there was more than enough provided to him. This is all just so sad.

she is younger

I am so sorry to hear what your family is going through. I don't know if anyone has asked but how is his other sister doing? Just wondering if you would mind telling what story was given to your family by Brandon as to how he got his injuries? And also, at some point it was said on here that he attempted to build a relationship with his mother but he was rejected. If you don't feel comfortable about answering these questions I will totally understand. I just want to thank you and Garry for providing so much information to us as I believe we won't receive much more information on the other facts. Thanks again and tell her to hold her head up high and stand proud she did do the right thing for Mickey. I know her heart is torn. Well wishes to all.

in a crime. Let's be careful what we're accusing people of. All he said was that people who borrowed his truck were involved in gun running, not that he was, just his truck. This is someone who apparently was of vital importance to the case and who has I'm sure personally suffered through all this and there is NO evidence that she herself did ANYTHING wrong or illegal.

According to what I understand, BSL told his sister he loaned his truck to someone. He found out after the fact it was used for gun running and because of his past, he had to get rid of it. So she gave him a ride away from the truck to her home.

Agree, I don't think women are more easily hoodwinked.

the one true fact is that only two people know exactly what happened during each assualt and murder and two of them are no longer with us to tell their side of the story. Very hard to believe that a pathological liar will tell the truth, they only tell what they want us to believe.. I do not believe MS was alive and played possum with 4 stab wounds from a stong angry sicko for a 40 minute drive. If still alive, She would have jumped up and attacked him while he was driving if at all possible.

I wonder her Age. She is younger than he. Could be a bit naive, gullible, or afraid of him or for him.
Still, knowingly assisting him in any capacity regarding a crime is wrong. I'm just happy she cooperated with LE

Please bring me up to date. How did 'she' cooperate with LE and who was 'she'? Thanks.

Hopefully Someguy will come back to WS to tell us about BSL's life.

Anyone know where the Mickey Shunick - 'Fought for her life' - Marquee Sign specific address is & the name of the theatre or business?

AMERICA
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
news
U.S
WORLD

Murdered college student Mickey Shunick sprayed attacker with mace and even stabbed him with his own knife in final moments, court documents reveal
Brandon Scott Lavergne, 33, pleaded guilty Friday to two counts of first-degree murder in the death of the student, Michaela “Mickey” Shunick, and the separate July 1999 slaying of Lisa Marie Pate.

BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...eal-article-1.1139163?localLinksEnabled=false

I want to say that marquee is in Times Square in NYC. Was there twice years and seem to remember seeing it there.

Please bring me up to date. How did 'she' cooperate with LE and who was 'she'? Thanks.

She is I believe, BSL's bio half sister( texmomto5 please correct me if she is his full bio sister) who lives in Texas. BSL lied to her and said he loaned his truck to someone and they used it for gun running. He didn't know about it and was worried because of his past that he would get into trouble, so he burned it. His sister gave him a ride back to her home. This sister fully cooperated with LE and it is due help to her that BSL is in jail today.

OR, in the short time while he went around the truck, she was able to get to her backpack, and had her own blade.

Yes, she was injured, but maybe she stayed calm enough and played possum and had enough strength- in a life or death situation - to do this.
It's finally forming in my head - the jumping up part - that I think it went down when he got out of the truck in the cane field. She was alone in the truck for that short time.

My opinion only.

BBM

Stay calm like Mickey! :hero:

IMO

T. L. Jakes "Women Thou Art Loosed" -- women possess the gift of mercy, but this gift can get out of hand. I didn't make this stuff up. The gift of mercy was the reason the serpent chose to approach Eve rather than Adam. Not that I have to have a reference for my own opinion, but for those who may agree -- that is the basis of that opinion. I think cons con everyone -- but they con women (BSL's girlfriend was unaware, but her BIL tried to convince her; the hairdresser; probably many women have been conned by BSL -- but we have not seen where he murdered a male victim -- yet --

I suppose we women are carved from different molds. Some are weak, others strong. Some easily conned, others 'aint the trustin kind'. Some hide behind closed doors, others ride freely in the night. Some succumb in submersion, others fight til the end. I hope all women find inspiration in Ms. Mickey, the mighty little warrior, to face each day's battles with strength and confidence. And that goes for you dudes, too!

I don't know how you would search for something like this, but either discovery channel or nat geo did a documentary on the Angola Rodeo. It may have been one of the "hard times" episodes. Funny that this came up because hubby and I were just talking about it this morning. It covereed lots on security measures, inmates trying to obtain contraban, and prisoners selling their crafts to the attending public. Not normally my kind of t.v. (mancave stuff in our house, same as shark week) butit was interesting enough for me to sit through.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mickey's name has run across that marquee (and others) in NYC before, since it's of ABC's headlines, and I know they have done previous stories about the case.

I don't know how you would search for something like this, but either discovery channel or nat geo did a documentary on the Angola Rodeo. It may have been one of the "hard times" episodes. Funny that this came up because hubby and I were just talking about it this morning. It covereed lots on security measures, inmates trying to obtain contraban, and prisoners selling their crafts to the attending public. Not normally my kind of t.v. (mancave stuff in our house, same as shark week) butit was interesting enough for me to sit through.

Try searching Amazon videos, or movies ... I don't know what one (discovery channel or nat geo) but I know there is a large selection there. I'll go find link and post.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Angola+rodeo

I don't know about any of you but we are outsiders and boy have we all been on one heck of a roller coaster ride, can you all imagine the parties that directly involved in this case how they must feel? I feel as though I need an IV drip and sleep for a week or more. The emotions I went through! We are all going through the same emotions as one would go through when grieving because we are!

That is the down side of attaching oneself to any case here! This case I can say is unusual in that it was fast, and a lot of our questions have and are being answered. Not all but a big chunk are. When you think of all the cases on this forum that doesn't have much info at all but the basic information. TO have a case closed so soon quiet frankly has put me back. I'm starting to not trust a lot of it. Is this because I'm not use to a case being closed so soon? It seems so scripted...Helps the family move on, puts the guilty away, LE has satisfaction, and the community can rest. Why then do i have pause that I or We have been spoon fed not the whole truth?

It must be just me...part of the grieving process still. I must move on.

Question...WHY is there so much focus on the 1/2 sister here??? We don't sleuth innocent family members, and I have yet to hear of any "crimes" she may or may not have committed.

BSL is the one and only criminal here AFAIK. Can peeps just leave it alone/get past it? TIA

Danzn16--Yes! You must come visit Louisiana. It has such a unique melange of cultures. I went to the rodeo a few years back and it was really interesting. Burl Cain, the warden, has a reputation of commanding much respect from many, including the prisoners. It is a huge place and certainly a "working" prison. Since something like 75% of the population are lifers, they all have to do something of worth if not on death row/confinement. They work in the fields, cook, can go to school, they build and repair things, clean, etc. I mean the prisoners actually work to run the place. Saves money and "makes them too tired to cause trouble" per warden Cain!. There is a hospital with a hospice unit for dying inmates. One inmate even builds the coffins they bury the deceased in. (I saw a documentary--he makes 20 cents/hour--top prison wages. That's a lot of work for a pack of smokes!) Many of the ministers there are prisoners themselves. I remember walking through...looking at the beautiful jewelry and goods and thinking what a wasted life. At the same time..they may have never even known they had such skills and talents had they not been forced to work..instead of steal, sell drugs, kill people, etc.

Now..you should know that Church Point is a really neat little town too..don't let BSLs' being from there jade your impression. Come visit CP for the coolest Mardis Gras experience ever! http://youtu.be/a50zm70bZHM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas