Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whow! Last paragraph.

How do I see the comments?

He only posts random comments from random articles!
Maybe we should invite him to post here? IDK is that allowed?

Hmmm... I DO think he should come here, but I guess he would have to be verified?

Why wouldn't he be allowed here? Bc he's a convict?

In all honesty, does it really matter if WE believe it or not? We mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. His defense team never even had to get up in front of a judge and jury and pretend to believe him. Nobody had to do anything to impress or make anyone else believe anything...I'm pretty sure that those directly involved don't really care what the general public believes. It is what it is.

No, it doesn't matter what we believe, however, I can't help but feel like BSL thinks he pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. I wish I had the faith that you do. I am Christian, born and raised Carholic, but I can't think like you do right now. Maybe eventually, over time. I admire you and your ability to have faith in everyone, even the evil souls like BSL.

There is injustice in this world. For that I apologize to you and your family.
There are victims of killers and victims the system.
Some victims confess. Maybe your family member did.

BSL is playing the "victim" here.
He is NO victim!

What I fear is that BSL will claim his "confession" was coerced and he had "no choice" I saw a similar story on ID TODAY!!! HOW the Louisiana prison system told him about how the electric chair would burn and singe his hair and boil his eyeballs... so he said he did it... HUH???

Tell me about that all day!!! Do I care NO! Because I know the justice system can't link me to any murder...
I know false confessions exist I just don't get why!

There is something VERY WRONG HERE! BSL conceded too easily...
we will hear from him again... did he agree to never file a reprieve?

He will file something based on something being prejudicial... I just hope it's denied!
~jmo

My family member didn't confess... He was found guilty, so yes the judicial system is not perfect. He ended up finding his wife there, she was a professional that went there on business. Needless to say, it didn't make any news outside of the prison, but in prison, it was big news. He found out last week he has stage 4 cancer, however, he is at peace with his world.

I do agree that BSL is playing the victim and that's just part of his sick, twisted, manipulating world. To put yourself into the mind of a person like that is a horrible place to be. Someone who could go inside of his home to tend to his pitiful wounds, while he has a dead girl in his truck, is evil. I think he took her out of the truck and wrapped her in something, before putting her back in and taking her to the cemetery. That is JMO of course.

thx for the link, ravynne. How do you quickly google? Lol! So virgin to all of this...my children buy me these computers and i-phones...i learn as i go! Oh, there's a little cute thingy (~)!

Dr. Egger. States children in the park, prostitutes, homosexuals, and hitchhikers...collectively coined 'the less dead' are more vunerable than the housewife doing laundry. Well, duh! But, i still don't care for the term.

cc ~ i think this is a great descriptive term, great coin !

megmono -- I hunted for it quite a while last night (well, early this morning!) but couldn't turn it up. I wonder if it may have been deleted because of its rumor-ish nature. But I may look for it a little more at some point. I definitely think we are remembering the same post!
I don't know if this is the post (or near the post) that megmono is looking for, but it is from the time Mickey was found and does mention cajunnet rumor:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180855"]VICTIM - Mickey Shunick, 21, of Lafayette, LA (Theories) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amster
Is there confirmation somewhere that Mickey attacked him with a box cutter? Conformation that he moved her body around? Or, that he returned to the grave?

Donamena replied:
Just Cajun net rumor..I heard it 3 Sundays ago at a restaurant

My family member didn't confess... He was found guilty, so yes the judicial system is not perfect. He ended up finding his wife there, she was a professional that went there on business. Needless to say, it didn't make any news outside of the prison, but in prison, it was big news. He found out last week he has stage 4 cancer, however, he is at peace with his world.

I do agree that BSL is playing the victim and that's just part of his sick, twisted, manipulating world. To put yourself into the mind of a person like that is a horrible place to be. Someone who could go inside of his home to tend to his pitiful wounds, while he has a dead girl in his truck, is evil. I think he took her out of the truck and wrapped her in something, before putting her back in and taking her to the cemetery. That is JMO of course.

I am sorry about your family member having cancer.

I'm not sure I even believe that story... if she was on his property... she was alive... just like LP.
moo

I don't believe he drove anywhere with a dead girl in the cab of his truck.
IMO he would have dumped her pronto.

What happened once he got there? No clue...
maybe he shot her in his truck on his property???

again moo

No, it doesn't matter what we believe, however, I can't help but feel like BSL thinks he pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. I wish I had the faith that you do. I am Christian, born and raised Carholic, but I can't think like you do right now. Maybe eventually, over time. I admire you and your ability to have faith in everyone, even the evil souls like BSL.

My faith isn't in BSL. My faith is in God.

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, and let's not forget that initially, BSL was NOT cooperating with LE....until perhaps he realized all of the evidence obtained and the DP was clearly on the table. Suddenly he claims to have empathy, suddenly he feels the need to write a letter to the family? Hogwash!

I have a three word comment; 'Return to Sender'..

consider that sean vincent gillis is a convicted serial killer that stalked, ... Same time as derrick todd lee. Le wasn't aware of gillis, or had not tied his victims to a serial killer til the dtl investigation.

serial killer sean vincent gillis - youtube

sean vincent gillis is a convicted serial killer that stalked, kidnapped, raped, murdered, and mutilated eight louisiana women between 1994 and 2003 in the baton rouge metro and surrounding areas. He is known as the "other" baton rouge serial killer because he was operating at the same time as derrick todd lee, a prolific serial killer who was caught before gillis. When the murders continued after lee's arrest, police knew there was more then one serial killer in baton rouge.
fox, i remember him. A real creep. He broke into the apartment of an elderly woman on lee drive and bludgeoned her to death. For years her posters were up on lee drive. Turns out svg lived just around the corner. The tire tracks of an old car sitting up in his drive were the link that got him busted. This was a scary era in br. I vaguely remember there was a 3rd sk at the same time as he and dtl. Also it is believed that dtl kidnapped & murdered mary ann fowler, but he has never admitted it and lead authorities to her body. Her family just had her declared dead a couple of years ago. What misery these perps deal out to families of the missing ! Terribly sad. Dtl is another one of those hollow people walking around, now at angola.

i'm a little confused, fotobug -- you quoted my post, but then addressed your long comment to chicken fried...?

eta: also -- couldn't help but notice that, when you quoted my post, there are two spots where the initial letter of mickey's name is lowercased. I checked back, and it wasn't like that in my original post. Weird. Anybody ever seen that happen before, when quoting a post?

sorry, guess i screwed up. How do i go back and edit ??

Also, my posts are written in caps and they come out in lower case, so dunno about why / how post is delivered differently ?
Another mystery on our hands !

Why does it make some so uncomfortable to think that maybe, just maybe this MONSTER as you say, could possible have a human emotion?!?!?!
The attorneys were under no obligation to say anything about how their client reacted. Their work was done as of last Friday. If the attorney said these things, what was his reason? Perhaps he felt it his duty.
I am just as upset over the murders of these precious souls as anyone, but honestly, I am aghast over the venom spewed over and over again. I believe this will be my third time saying these words on this forum, but Lord, there but for the grace of the Almighty God go I, or someone I love...or you, or someone you love...we need to check ourselves because the way we judge others will be the way we will be judged.

This time I don't even care if I am bashed...have at it.

MamaRoux, I would like it to be due to the power of prayer, I know there was a lot of praying going on in hopes of bringing Mickey home. If he hadn't confessed I don't believe Mickey would ever been found and that I am thankful for. One thing my mother-in-law always stressed "don't spit in the air because it may fall back on your nose" and believe me I have had a lot of wiping to do. Now I do my best not to say or judge others for their actions as you never know what can come your way. Whether it was BS or not I would like to believe that for once he was honest and did do it for Mickey'a family. BSL will have his judgement day WILL and God knows the truth!

You can comment, but it's moderated. I'm wondering if they will actually publish the comment I submitted because I basically called out the blogger for being disrespectful and not having his facts right. We shall see....

BTW, I thought the "happily married"' comment was off, too.

ETA: Now I'm thinking you were referring to whether we could comment about the blog here without violating TOS. I'll leave it to the mods.

Could someone please tell me what I missed?

that is exactly what i was going to ask next... Is this a media-friendly version of the statement in support of plea. While a longer detailed version exists somewhere for official use only...
Ty backwoods
rav ~
great question, wish we knew this. Maybe when msm requests all documents by freedom of info act, some of these articles could be available to the public in detail. I believe this original document has to be more detailed and an abbreviated was initially released for the purpose of just getting bsl behind bars. It certainly was a quick deal. Good for all families concerned. Hopefully we will learn more as other jurisdictions begin to develop leads on other missing persons. This may just be the beginning. I think we can all agree that bsl has been at it for some time, maybe years. He probably will turn out to be more prolific than we know. Jmoo

When you get caught up in a story about someone as horrible as BSL, you tend to forget that there are innocent people who go to prison everyday. I have a family member who was found guilty of the rape and murder of a woman. He served 10 years in Angola before they found the guilty person! It does happen, and no one is immune to being the victim of either a killer or the system.

quueenie...and then there are those who are guilty of murder. One time offenders, so far removed from the caliber of a BSL...yet, on a single drug-induced day...pull a trigger...land themselves in prison for many, many years.

Their families weep...their children grow...the sadness lingers day in, day out.
Their stories are wrenching, too. And you are spot on...no one is immune.

I am sorry about your family member having cancer.

I'm not sure I even believe that story... if she was on his property... she was alive... just like LP.
moo

I don't believe he drove anywhere with a dead girl in the cab of his truck.
IMO he would have dumped her pronto.

What happened once he got there? No clue...
maybe he shot her in his truck on his property???

again moo

The guy who actually committed the crime went to prison, and my family member considers it a blessing because of his wife, so that's cool. I bring it up because the person who committed this murder was a good looking, suave, manipulator... BSL's type of mind. Always the victim! Makes me sick.

I believe he drove with her in his truck after he shot her. The fact you can't don't want to believe that someone could do that, only means you are a good person. I have seen evil, and they can do things that you couldn't imagine... honest, there are some really evil people out there!

BBM

i'm not so sure. Rape is a crime of power and control, not necessarily of sex. If micky did indeed stab him again at the cane field and he shot her, i think that was his final show of power and punishment to her. I think he had a severed tendon or two in his hand and he was in pain and bleeding a lot. He had his power-in this case he didn't need to use a forced sexual act to gain it-he gained it using a gun.

He showed her- he had power over life and death.

good point boudin. Has anyone determined which one of his hands was injured ? I tried to clue into the video of him walking into the courthouse. The best i could determine, it looked as tho it was his left index finger ? Correct me if i am wrong. So if he is driving, he would be fighting her off with his right hand, non?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee