Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About ten minutes from lafayette actually!

Oh and for the record between the debate on if there's a high or low body count, I'm still going to go with high. Very high. Until of course I'm given a reason to believe otherwise.
Most that think his victim count is low won't believe otherwise until they are given a reason to believe he had more victims. I guess I'm opposite haha

I, like you, am also of the opposite opinion, Ocean.

What LE agency are you dealing with- just wondering if it's LPD or out of the Church Point area? Or even State Police?

I believe that the victim count will be at least three more young women. I am not sure how many more, but at LEAST three more. I am basing this completely on CajunNet.

What have you heard KGeaux? I have not heard much on the Cajunnet other than speculation about Ali Lowitzer & Danielle Thibodeaux.

He's my main suspect in Ali Lowitzer's case and Danielle Thibodeaux's case in Breaux Bridge in 1998 due to the location (although it's possible DTL killed her...or someone else entirely). I REALLY wish there was more info on Danielle & her murder available.

I also feel like maybe he was involved in Evyone Rosier's case, but that is just something in my gut, nothing more. Something about her reminds me of Lisa.

ETA: Maybe Necole Guillory? Where she was found makes that suspicious as far as BSL being the killer. However, we definitely have another serial killer who was (hopefully he's stopped, dead, in prison, whatever so he can't hurt anyone else) killing women in Jennings & who killed MOST of the Jennings women, with whom Necole was friends.

Thanx for sharing, Mescheresamis...
Interesting read...

I would love to see someone put a list together like the time lines but noting what information was provided by whom that made this all fall into place like

Concerned citizens:
BSL as suspect
Identified truck
Altered DL

LE:
Items at trailer
Arrest

BSL:
Location of Mickey
Cause of death

Something of this sort. Like Foxfire has stated public knowledge is so vital. iMO the public played a MAJOR part in solving this crime.

Just watched a very interesting documentary on Discovery ID of Edmund Kemper; prolific malignant serial killer known as the gentle giant due to his giant stature. The dateline ID segment was titled; Twisted The Co-ed Butcher -can't locate the link at this time. Below is the wikipedia link;
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Kemper"]Edmund Kemper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Kemper murdered his grandparents at age 16 & served 5 years in a mental institution. He
assisted the staff at the institution and had access to info that would later assist in a ruse that would convince them that he had been cured, insuring his early release. He proceeded to prey on innocent victims soon thereafter..

Many of the original LE investigators that worked the Kemper's case were involved in the ID segment.

The reason that I am posting this is that Kemper's life events, etc., mirrored BS Lavergne's, in many ways, imo. There were many excellent expert opinions, theories, etc., concerning Kemper's formative years and his escalation into necrophilia, etc. Edmund Kemper, participated and was very honest & forthcoming in his own opinions, theories, and revelations.

Guess, one of the most interesting revelations to me was that Kemper began fantasizing at a very early age & killing cats/felines(associated with women), burying them & later digging them up. When Kemper went through puberty his mind's fantasies changed from felines to females. Since they were representative of his repressive & overbearing mother. Kemper did not want to have sex with them, but to perform sadistic sexual acts on them...both pre and post mortem..extreme control..

"To me, it seems very obvious as to why the investigative info on BS Lavergne, has been sealed/silenced by the Judge".. "Imo, the actions of silence, speaks much louder than the words ever could"..

"I don't think we can even begin to realize, or appreciate the contribution that Mickey Shunick made to society/humanity on 05/19/2012"...

I dont have the link handy, but if I am not mistaken, the gist of it was that the files are sealed because they contain evidence or info that is or may be part of ongoing investigations....

Tonight at 6 p.m. KATC will report on why some documents in the BS Lavergne case have not been released

yea, it worked! Didn't learn anything more than what we already know. He said a couple of agencies from LA and one from TX are reviewing the evidence, including the recorded confession. After they are through, some will be released.
BSL waived his right to appeal, but has 2 years to reverse it - he is serving 2 life sentences w/out parole
That's about it ...
At least LE is letting us know they are not finished with BSL, and keeping the public aware.

Mark my word, this will - sometime within those two years - try to appeal/get a reversal/whatever he can legally do to try to get out of this.

He pleaded guilty to the rape in 1999 and then appealed it. He wanted to be removed from the RSO registry. We could from his confession tell he blamed Lisa for trying to "steal" his keys & wallet and he had to shoot Mickey because he kept stabbing her, like he both thought they asked for what he did to them.

I have no doubt he's a narcicisst psychopath who think he's the only "real" person in the world that matters, he shouldn't be held responsible, and will appeal in any way he can.
Even though I'm pretty sure he's safer in prison than he'd ever be on the streets of Acadiana.

Mark my word, this will - sometime within those two years - try to appeal/get a reversal/whatever he can legally do to try to get out of this.

He pleaded guilty to the rape in 1999 and then appealed it. He wanted to be removed from the RSO registry. We could from his confession tell he blamed Lisa for trying to "steal" his keys & wallet and he had to shoot Mickey because he kept stabbing her, like he both thought they asked for what he did to them.

I have no doubt he's a narcicisst psychopath who think he's the only "real" person in the world that matters, he shouldn't be held responsible, and will appeal in any way he can.
Even though I'm pretty sure he's safer in prison than he'd ever be on the streets of Acadiana.

He can appeal all he likes, but there is no way that he's EVER getting to sniff freedom ever again.

Not surprised to see the article on KATC. I'm still curious to know if he really is connected to Ali's case....

I would like to salute Erin Steuber, of KATC TV for asking the hard questions & keeping us informed..

Unfortunately, DA Harson didn't have much to say. Sounds like the contents of the verbal confession is a big deal to him. I think that BSL and his attorneys out-negotiated the DA staff. Example, BSL admits to beating Lisa, placing a bag over her head and burying her body under boards trying to incriminate the person who was killed in a car accident. The autopsy corroborates this. YET, in the confession, BSL doesn't ADMIT to causing her death. Its like .."ok I didn't really do it, but if you insist, I'll confess to it."

As for Mickey's confession, I don't think it happened the way BSL confessed at all. Just as likely it could have been - Mickey was dazed from hitting the hood of the truck when he ran into her, he got out with a knife and forced her into the truck. Once inside the truck, she regained senses and maced him -he dropped the knife, she retrieved it and stabbed him - he wrestled the knife away from her then stabbed her several times, until he thought she was dead. He then drove off - soon she moaned or stirred maybe even struggled, perhaps around the Advertiser site...he shot her then.....maybe that struggle was what was seen on the Advertiser video. The way BSL tells it, HE was the victim in the cane field when Mickey miraculosly came to and stabbed him in the chest....he HAD to shoot her to save his life. I don't think he ever went to a cane field, he immediately went home, put the body in the field behind his house, covered it with trailer skirting, then tended to his wounds. When he returned from NO he picked up the body and buried it in the cemetery. (Perhaps Onstar records could validate his story, but they probably won't be released.)

Unfortunately, we'll never know, because, I don't think all of the evidence will ever be released. Too incriminating for LE/DA from several jurisdictions, from reports of younger BSL occurrences, the original sexual battery plea in the Reddell incident (Evangeline Parish), the Lisa incident were LE/DA apparently put forth little effort to solve (Lafayette/Acadia Parishes), to Mickey (Lafayette/St. Landry Parishes), which would have probably never been solved without the intense public involvement, including all the incriminating tips. I cannot think of one lead that LE formulated on their own.
(I'm not even considering other possible incidents that might be indicated by evidence found in his home.)

Guess DA figures end result, BSL behind bars for life, is all that counts.

Just skeptical that all evidence will ever be released - too bad. Hope I'm wrong.....

Just went to a LE held self defense class tonight. I was told 5% of the population has no reaction to mace/pepper spray. They also said that if you are drunk, high, or under the influence of drugs/medication that it can take up to 15 min for the effects to start. So this may be way BSL was able to continue driving, to continue to fight and harm Mickey.

Also they said you have to shake your mace/pepper spray everyday to make sure the "good stuff" is dispersed so that the actual irritating agent comes out when you spray it. And you have to replace it ever so often or it's even less effective. Also the police officer that taught the course said only once has he ever sprayed a criminal and it never blown back into his face as well. Just reinforced my opinion that pepper spray sounds like a big sack of crap to me.

Post 1754 - wow, that was heavy and a lot to absorb.

BSL confession would be self-serving, that's for dang sure!

He has hurt and damaged so many lives ... and it still continues.

I would like to salute Erin Steuber, of KATC TV for asking the hard questions & keeping us informed..

I'd like to second that salute. :thumb: Nice job, Ms. Steuber.

I have total respect for LE's decision to safeguard evidence as they investigate the possibility of other crimes committed by BSL, but man, what I wouldn't give to hear that recorded confession.

justwundering, if you look back at one of the threads that was running a couple of days before he went to court, when he pleaded, that was exactly what I was posting, but stopped just a lil shy of going to the end. I didn't want to get fussed at on here.
Good post

I'd like to second that salute. :thumb: Nice job, Ms. Steuber.

I have total respect for LE's decision to safeguard evidence as they investigate the possibility of other crimes committed by BSL, but man, what I wouldn't give to hear that recorded confession.

Seems obvious that Erin Steuber KATC TV has been monitoring websleuths, or either she is a mind reader, imo.. LOL

Imo, District Attorney Mike Harson, was playing down the treasure trove of info gained in the Mickey Shunick investigation. Sealing the investigation files by a Judge, once a case is resolved is a very rare occurrence and is extremely concerning to me.

"Effects of silence by the Justice System & the tragic results of the lack of communication among law enforcement agencies in Multi-Jurisdictional Investigations" -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRYdRse76FM"]9/11 Tribute - September 11, 2001 World Trade Center WTC - YouTube[/ame]

Serial killers kill for the power and control they experience during the murders and for the added ego boost they get in the aftermath from community fears, media coverage, and the police investigations.
Pat Brown

Serial killing is not about sex at all, but about power and control and revenge on society.
Pat Brown

Pat Brown said…(LUV this Quote)
We could use a strong accountability system not dependent on appeals, but rather oversight. The public/citizens have a right to know exactly how decisions are made and cases are handled.

It does not have to be in the midst of the case but certainly afterward there should be transparency. If there isn’t, how can we address issues of corruption, incompetance, and error? We need to know in order to fix problems and hold people accountable for what is supposed to be work done on behalf of the citizens.

Somehow “the interest of the state” seems to preclude the citizenry which is odd considering the state IS the citizenry, well, at least in a democratic republic with a constitution.

Unfortunately, DA Harson didn't have much to say. Sounds like the contents of the verbal confession is a big deal to him. I think that BSL and his attorneys out-negotiated the DA staff. Example, BSL admits to beating Lisa, placing a bag over her head and burying her body under boards trying to incriminate the person who was killed in a car accident. The autopsy corroborates this. YET, in the confession, BSL doesn't ADMIT to causing her death. Its like .."ok I didn't really do it, but if you insist, I'll confess to it."

As for Mickey's confession, I don't think it happened the way BSL confessed at all. Just as likely it could have been - Mickey was dazed from hitting the hood of the truck when he ran into her, he got out with a knife and forced her into the truck. Once inside the truck, she regained senses and maced him -he dropped the knife, she retrieved it and stabbed him - he wrestled the knife away from her then stabbed her several times, until he thought she was dead. He then drove off - soon she moaned or stirred maybe even struggled, perhaps around the Advertiser site...he shot her then.....maybe that struggle was what was seen on the Advertiser video. The way BSL tells it, HE was the victim in the cane field when Mickey miraculosly came to and stabbed him in the chest....he HAD to shoot her to save his life. I don't think he ever went to a cane field, he immediately went home, put the body in the field behind his house, covered it with trailer skirting, then tended to his wounds. When he returned from NO he picked up the body and buried it in the cemetery. (Perhaps Onstar records could validate his story, but they probably won't be released.)

Unfortunately, we'll never know, because, I don't think all of the evidence will ever be released. Too incriminating for LE/DA from several jurisdictions, from reports of younger BSL occurrences, the original sexual battery plea in the Reddell incident (Evangeline Parish), the Lisa incident were LE/DA apparently put forth little effort to solve (Lafayette/Acadia Parishes), to Mickey (Lafayette/St. Landry Parishes), which would have probably never been solved without the intense public involvement, including all the incriminating tips. I cannot think of one lead that LE formulated on their own.
(I'm not even considering other possible incidents that might be indicated by evidence found in his home.)

Guess DA figures end result, BSL behind bars for life, is all that counts.

Just skeptical that all evidence will ever be released - too bad. Hope I'm wrong.....

I don't doubt for a second that BSL tried to put a spin on his confession. However, I will say, the confession would have to conform to the evidence LE collected or they wouldn't have taken the DP off the table. So I suspect, if they had evidence as suggested in the bolded portion, LE would not let him skate by without owning up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChampagneGrams