Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?s=4811926&clienttype=printable

In 1986, Sinclair was transferred from Angola State Penitentiary for his own safety, after helping expose a scheme to sell pardons to inmates. Sinclair, who wrote a book about life in prison, was also an award-winning prison journalist, who wrote for Angola's prison magazine, The Angolite.

In 1966, he was sentenced to death for the 1965 murder of convenience store clerk James "J.C." Bodden in Central, on the outskirts of Baton Rouge. In 1972, his sentence was changed to life in prison when the U.S. Supreme Court found capital punishment, as it existed then, unconstitutional.

fittzi, friends close, enemies closer...I posted a comment that posted immediately..

Billy, you reported that BS Lavergne, was released shortly after your release in 2006. Records show that he was released on parole 08, 2008. Can you verify when he was actually released? It is very important.

Also was BSL, entitled to furlough privileges while incarcerated? TIA

I was about to say something similar.

He sure seems legit...
:please: he'd shed some light on BSL

For starters don't c&p any comments. Thats something we can never do.Will look at the rest of it as soon as I can.

He sure seems legit...

<modsnip>

'Guess, 2 years could be considered a short time for someone who was serving 40 years, huh'?

<modsnip>

'Guess, 2 years could be considered a short time for someone who was serving 40 years, huh'?

I must have missed what y'all are talking about. What's going on?

I think bsl was a evil oaf. He's one of those leaches that walks around....a loser....that wants to suck the life oout of other people for his twisted, sick games. I'm personally glad that mighty Mick gave him a butt kicking. Must have really surprised him when she attacked.

What a sick perv he was. Just think about how many more he could have hurt after Mickey? It could have been my naive daughter....or yours. Instead....doesn't matter if she was violated or not...she gave him a whipping. She spilled his blood. She hurt him. Mighty Mickey scared him.....scared him enough to burn his truck.

My hope and dream.....he re-dreams his fight with her for as long as he is alive in prison. I hope she haunts him.

I feel no sorrow for him one bit. Instead, I feel joy knowing that mighty Mick saved many girls from a horrible fate. I feel greAt knowing that a lot of young teens have read her story on my facebook and KNOW what a true hero looks like.

Mickey is my hero.

Its for reasons like this that I do not believe we got the "true" story. A lot of it doesn't add up to me either.

That's because we are dealing with someone who is either a pathological
liar or who has delusions that he may truly believe, including those of grandeur.

BS, BS, BS.
That is all I can say in response to his "remorse." A suicide note with the location of Mickey's body, next to his dead body, maybe I would believe he was remorseful.

What bothers me the most about this BS of "remorse" is that his defense team, and I assume he as well, may actually think we believe it!! It makes me so angry...if you are capable of murder and/or rape, you don't feel remorse over the statements of the victim's family. What about the victim at the time of these horrendous acts??? Did he not feel any remorse when he put the knife in Mickey and saw the look on her face? (I really hate typing that!) or pulling the trigger and seeing the aftermath of that? I don't buy it at all! It's pretty obvious none of us do!!

In the 1999 rape case, we can read a document that states what happened and it sounds terrible. The crime was much, much worse. It went on for hours according to sources- an absolutely brutal attack. So while the court document in Mickey's case is factual, it may be sanitized.

If you ask me, it's pretty nice of the state to start preparing the murderers for what's coming in the afterlife. Not all of them because some may have repented and some may be innocent but y'all get the drift.

When you get caught up in a story about someone as horrible as BSL, you tend to forget that there are innocent people who go to prison everyday. I have a family member who was found guilty of the rape and murder of a woman. He served 10 years in Angola before they found the guilty person! It does happen, and no one is immune to being the victim of either a killer or the system.

Remorse does not work for me with BL; this is the same man who just months earlier had no qualms about knocking an innocent woman from her bike in order to satisfy his sick urges...why would another young woman, her sister, touch his heart? Also, he "forgave" his sister for being a responsible, law-abiding citizen.

More likely, he saw the laundry list of names of the people who put the pieces of the puzzle together for LE, including family members, and knew the jig was up.

Yes, and let's not forget that initially, BSL was NOT cooperating with LE....until perhaps he realized all of the evidence obtained and the DP was clearly on the table. Suddenly he claims to have empathy, suddenly he feels the need to write a letter to the family? Hogwash!

He sure seems legit...

I had asked prior to this, if it was possible he went through a half way house or a three quarter house. It was the norm for a while, if you are released early.

People need stop sugar coating references to BS Lavergne. This dude "is" evil. I also have a daughter and I don't know how I would handle a similar situation. In my opinion, when there is no doubt a person is a murderer, much less a serial murderer, they need to be euthanized just like the dogs they are. Sounds harsh but the victims got much worse. In my opinion, when I saw him walking to court, you can tell he's not wrapped to tight. No excuses about his family life, he needs to be put down for the sake of other young girls. JMO

I want to say something right here. First of all I don't consider what I say about Brandon Scott Lavergne "sugar coating." He is, to quote Charlene, "a dangerous man." I am in favor of the death penalty, and would just as soon have seen him get that than anything else. In all honesty, I hate all the years taken up with appeals (though this doesn't apply to him...at least not now) etc. It would be well with me that murders all be taken out and killed in the same way in which they killed. It would be well with me that all murders be tortured by the loved ones of those they killed. Nothing is too awful to contemplate. This however, this is me, the fleshly earthly person. I am also spirit and I suppose if I were to draw some kind of parallel, it would be with Sister Helen Prejean, but then again no, because she is an anti death penalty activist. I have all of the same feelings as most of you, but there is something more that whispers into my ear calling me to pray and intercede for the LOST...and who is more lost among us then those like BSL?? I am not apologizing for what I say on these boards, I try to say what I am supposed to say, what I am moved to say.
Whew, just thought I'd throw that out there for y'all.:seeya:

"Is God vengeful, demanding a death for a death? Or is God COMPASSIONATE, luring souls into love so great that NO ONE can be considered enemy?---Sister Helen Prejean

When you get caught up in a story about someone as horrible as BSL, you tend to forget that there are innocent people who go to prison everyday. I have a family member who was found guilty of the rape and murder of a woman. He served 10 years in Angola before they found the guilty person! It does happen, and no one is immune to being the victim of either a killer or the system.

There is injustice in this world. For that I apologize to you and your family.
There are victims of killers and victims the system.
Some victims confess. Maybe your family member did.

BSL is playing the "victim" here.
He is NO victim!

What I fear is that BSL will claim his "confession" was coerced and he had "no choice" I saw a similar story on ID TODAY!!! HOW the Louisiana prison system told him about how the electric chair would burn and singe his hair and boil his eyeballs... so he said he did it... HUH???

Tell me about that all day!!! Do I care NO! Because I know the justice system can't link me to any murder...
I know false confessions exist I just don't get why!

There is something VERY WRONG HERE! BSL conceded too easily...
we will hear from him again... did he agree to never file a reprieve?

He will file something based on something being prejudicial... I just hope it's denied!
~jmo

ive given up looking for the link. either its in a thread ive yet to re read or it was deleted. just glad im not losing my mind (yet) and backwoods at least is with me.

megmono -- I hunted for it quite a while last night (well, early this morning!) but couldn't turn it up. I wonder if it may have been deleted because of its rumor-ish nature. But I may look for it a little more at some point. I definitely think we are remembering the same post!

I had asked prior to this, if it was possible he went through a half way house or a three quarter house. It was the norm for a while, if you are released early.

If anyone believes his linked in profile, it says he worked in Broussard for two years (2006-08). It also says he worked for the State of Louisiana during his previous prison stay! He very well may have been out way before we knew...

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brandon-lavergne/41/4a8/844?_mSplash=1

megmono -- I hunted for it quite a while last night (well, early this morning!) but couldn't turn it up. I wonder if it may have been deleted because of its rumor-ish nature. But I may look for it a little more at some point. I definitely think we are remembering the same post!

FWIW I remember it too...

What bothers me the most about this BS of "remorse" is that his defense team, and I assume he as well, may actually think we believe it!! It makes me so angry...if you are capable of murder and/or rape, you don't feel remorse over the statements of the victim's family. What about the victim at the time if these horrendous acts??? Did he not feel any remorse when he put the knife in Mickey and saw the look on her face? (I really hate typing that!) or pulling the trigger and seeing the aftermath of that? I don't buy it at all! It's pretty obvious none of us do!!

In all honesty, does it really matter if WE believe it or not? We mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. His defense team never even had to get up in front of a judge and jury and pretend to believe him. Nobody had to do anything to impress or make anyone else believe anything...I'm pretty sure that those directly involved don't really care what the general public believes. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne