Found Deceased Brazil - Rye Hunt, 25, Rio de Janeiro, 21 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, if I'm understanding correctly, he got in a tiff with his friend, bailed on him, left the airport in a taxi, checked into a hotel/vacation rental, left all his stuff there to go do something or other 4 hours after checking in, made one purchase, and that's where the trail goes cold (so far)? I wonder if he rented a whole apartment or just a private bedroom in someone's home, via a site like airbnb. Perhaps the home owners contacted the authorities when he never came back, especially since his stuff was left in the room. I was at first inclined to think he'd decided to travel independently and just hadn't bothered getting in touch with anyone (or was somewhere remote with no wifi) but the fact that he left a laptop and luggage behind does not look good at all IMO.

Isn't Copacabana a pretty touristy area? I hope there are a lot of cameras around. I also wonder what he did during the 4 hours he was in his vacation rental. Maybe he just napped and showered, but I would be surprised if he didn't also send messages to people letting them know his plans were changing and he was staying on in Rio. Maybe even a message to the friend he argued with, so he wouldn't worry?

Here is a link to a news article with footage of Rye being shown to his rented room. It also has some new info (can't be sure how much truth there is in it though) from a reporter who claims Rye hadn't intended to meet back up with his friend 30 mins later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-shown-rented-Copacabana-apartment-CCTV.html

And to Cricket99, There really is no typical "Australian" look..he seems to have more of a New Zealander/Maori background IMHO and yes some of us can speak other languages ;) :)

If anyone looks at the photo of his items that were recovered that is very clearly a Flight Centre plane ticket sitting next to his camera

Newbie to posting but a reader. I don't understand...ok I kinda do but I am curious about the unknown purchase.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I haven't read that he's been found, only that a fisherman thinks he might have talked to Hunt. The police report notes that police searched the island but could not find him.

I'd like to understand the timeline better. When was the party with MDMA? The night before the argument with Mitchell? Or was the party that same night as the argument with Mitchell?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mi...o/news-story/51c85ef86d9bedc6f21ddf71b4140c1b

Yes Sorry in advance, I think I was too quick to post that! I have read two completely different timelines of things as the reports are a little confusing :thinking:

The first is that his friend who he had been traveling with and Rye had taken the drug MDMA and attended a party where they began hallucinating and thought people were trying to kill them so they were kicked out by security and taken back to their hostel where it was suggested to them to leave Brazil (a month before they had planned to) so they decided to go to Bolivia and went to the airport to purchase tickets but Rye was still hallucinating and thought his friend was trying to kill him and that he had stolen his passport.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/06/02/13/26/no-sign-of-rye-hunt-on-island-off-the-coast-of-rio

The second was that after leaving the newly rented apartment, Rye met up with another guy at his hotel where they took MDMA then attended a party where they were kicked out for their behaviour as he was hallucinating and thought people were trying to kill him and he has then swam to the island 1km away.

Yes Sorry in advance, I think I was too quick to post that! I have read two completely different timelines of things as the reports are a little confusing :thinking:

The first is that his friend who he had been traveling with and Rye had taken the drug MDMA and attended a party where they began hallucinating and thought people were trying to kill them so they were kicked out by security and taken back to their hostel where it was suggested to them to leave Brazil (a month before they had planned to) so they decided to go to Bolivia and went to the airport to purchase tickets but Rye was still hallucinating and thought his friend was trying to kill him and that he had stolen his passport.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/06/02/13/26/no-sign-of-rye-hunt-on-island-off-the-coast-of-rio

The second was that after leaving the newly rented apartment, Rye met up with another guy at his hotel where they took MDMA then attended a party where they were kicked out for their behaviour as he was hallucinating and thought people were trying to kill him and he has then swam to the island 1km away.

THis is one of the craziest missing cases I ever read.Hope he comes down long enough to get home.I think he needs to be sent to a hospital or sent home before he ends up dead.

Newest report with a picture of a text message exchange between Rye's travel friend and the nightclub owner.

"The owner of a Rio de Janeiro nightclub visited by Rye Hunt the night before he disappeared says the Australian was paranoid and fearful after taking drugs."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-...rye-hunt-terrified-after-taking-drugs/7471188

Were Hunt and Mitchell not sharing rooms on the trip? Because it looks like Hunt had that room to himself. And it also seemed like Mitchell didn't know where Hunt was staying. That's why I wondered about the timeline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back