Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
scandi said:
What I got was this. The Thai police were investigating him for a sex crime that took place at his apt. Our LE from Boulder worked with the Thai police in bringing him down. So they told Samuk they were going to arrest Karr and he would be charged with murder, etc. And Samuk said you better get on it, because we are almost ready to nail him because he is dangerous for our little girls and therefore an undesirable. The Boulder cop called Mary and she said, lets do it now, and they did.

If they hadn't moved fast and Samuk arrested him, they might never have been able to get their hands on him. And there was some reason they wanted him very badly.

Scandi
Can I ask where is the Link.

Scandi, I uploaded it onto Photobucket. You had to save the photo and then upload the picture. I used Photobucket.

JDB said:
Can I ask where is the Link.

O course JDB. For you anything.

I have to go find it though, and know it is in one of the first links after he was arrested.

I'll see you later tonight you big guy! Haa Haa ;) That's a wink :D

Scandi

ETA: What I know is in links is that they had been investigating him for a sex crime that happened at his apt, Mary said they had to act fast for 1 of 2 reasons, one of which was for the safety of the public, of something close, and our guys tailed him for 21 days and did work in laison with
Sumak's police force. The rest is just common sense I threw in. But I will find those links for you.

Next week I learn to hyperlink to save a lot of time! LOL

scandi said:
Yes, it is positively so good I'd eat it if it was made of candy :laugh: :D :D :D :D :D :D

I did everthing to post the photo here:

right click on image
highlight address
right click
copy

go to post page
go to inset image
errase http already there
place saved url in window.

Nada!
It doesn't work. I tried it long ago with a picture I wanted to use as a signature! There are some pictures of him getting out of his red car and a couple others without the sunglasses in the parking lot as he's walking toward the building. :D :D

scandi said:
What I got was this. The Thai police were investigating him for a sex crime that took place at his apt. Our LE from Boulder worked with the Thai police in bringing him down. So they told Samuk they were going to arrest Karr and he would be charged with murder, etc. And Samuk said you better get on it, because we are almost ready to nail him because he is dangerous for our little girls and therefore an undesirable. The Boulder cop called Mary and she said, lets do it now, and they did.

If they hadn't moved fast and Samuk arrested him, they might never have been able to get their hands on him. And there was some reason they wanted him very badly.

Scandi

well I hope we don't look back and wish we had let Thai police take care of the problem...

I can see a multi million dollar case coming, and the outlook questionable...

I don't know Rocky,

On CNN 360 I just learned the defense did motions to limit pretrial publicity, allow no previous DNA sample to be used and the prosecutor will have to get a court order to obtain Karr's DNA

Scandi

scandi said:
I don't know Rocky,

On CNN 360 I just learned the defense did motions to limit pretrial publicity, allow no previous DNA sample to be used and the prosecutor will have to get a court order to obtain Karr's DNA

Scandi
I heard that also. No more comments from Harmon & VanZandt. He's doing his job very well already, isn't he??!!
:D

scandi said:
O course JDB. For you anything.

I have to go find it though, and know it is in one of the first links after he was arrested.

I'll see you later tonight you big guy! Haa Haa ;) That's a wink :D

Scandi

ETA: What I know is in links is that they had been investigating him for a sex crime that happened at his apt, Mary said they had to act fast for 1 of 2 reasons, one of which was for the safety of the public, of something close, and our guys tailed him for 21 days and did work in laison with
Sumak's police force. The rest is just common sense I threw in. But I will find those links for you.

Next week I learn to hyperlink to save a lot of time! LOL

Check your PM's Laffin Where and when Darlin *Wink

scandi said:
I don't know Rocky,

Scandi
Does this mean that they did take a DNA sample in Thailand? Were the dynamic duo wrong when they said no DNA sample had been taken?

Yes Panthera, maybe too good! It is in the interest of great justice and will make it very exciting that he is so on top of things. And the old pro Jacobson is right in there I am sure.

Scandi

maybe he sent something with his DNA in the envelope to show he was a match...

Hmmm I didn't even think of that. The reporter did a little aside and said she thought that was done for instance if the Thais had taken a sample, there would be no quality control on how it was done, and then Anderson and her had a quick little discussion about that.

Scandi

scandi said:
Yes Panthera, maybe too good! It is in the interest of great justice and will make it very exciting that he is so on top of things. And the old pro Jacobson is right in there I am sure.

Scandi
Yes, I'm sure also! However this turns out, I'm just glad to see that something is finally being done with this case.
:)

scandi said:
Hmmm I didn't even think of that. The reporter did a little aside and said she thought that was done for instance if the Thais had taken a sample, there would be no quality control on how it was done, and then Anderson and her had a quick little discussion about that.

Scandi
That's also true. The Boulder LE agencies would need to have a DNA sample taken directly from JMK; there isn't any chain of custody with the sample if Thai LE "mailed it" to them, is there?

Karr's lawyers try to stop DNA tests

BOULDER, Colo. (Reuters) - Lawyers for JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect John Mark Karr asked a judge on Friday to stop prosecutors, at least for now, from testing DNA from the schoolteacher or forensic evidence in the decade-old case.

The request came amid a series of legal maneuvers the day after Karr returned to Boulder, Colorado, where the child beauty queen was found strangled to death on December 26, 1996. Karr is due for his first Boulder court appearance on Monday.

Seth Temin, a public defender who met with Karr for the first time on Friday, told a Boulder County district judge in court papers that any DNA samples from his client were not taken legally because his attorneys should have been consulted first.

"If such a sample has already been obtained it was not obtained pursuant to applicable law, the (state or U.S.) constitutions or by valid consent," Temlin wrote in the court papers. "Mr. Karr should be allowed to address the legality of the seizure of such an item prior to testing."

Amid skepticism over Karr's claims that he was with JonBenet when she died by "accident," a DNA link between the 41-year-old teacher and the crime scene could be of critical importance to the case.

After JonBenet's father found her body in the basement of the Ramsey's Boulder home, forensic scientists recovered DNA belonging to an unidentified white male from under her fingernails and in her underwear.

That DNA has never been matched to any suspect in the notorious unsolved crime, which has baffled police and fascinated Americans for nearly ten years.

Prosecutors have not said if they have obtained DNA samples from Karr, arrested in Thailand last week. It was also unclear if they had tried to link him to foot and palm prints found near JonBenet's body.

As of Friday evening they had not responded to Temin's request and it was not clear when District Judge Roxanne Bailin would rule on the motion.

The lawyer also asked Bailin to make prosecutors turn over all of the evidence amassed so far in the case if they bring formal charges against Karr, including evidence presented to a grand jury convened in the case nearly a decade ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060826/us_nm/crime_jonbenet_dc_11

Buzzm1 said:
That's what I have been trying to tell people for days--I gave up trying two days ago. With advances in the processing of DNA from samples, they were able to obtain good DNA, and the results of the DNA were entered into CODIS at that time (2003).
Buzz- I heard what you were saying! That's why it seemed so funny to keep hearing Henry Lee and all the other THs keep talking about degraded DNA, yada, yada, yada....making fools of themselves.

expierment: to insert image..right clickl on image to be inserted into post..click properties..copy URL from properties.. on post page click little icon with mountain and sun/moon..a new window/box will open..paste url..click ok..

tdy_alex_karr_060825.300w.jpg

A DNA sample taken in Thailand probably won't be admissibe in court- but if Thai's test matches their DNA- that is sure enough good enough to get a warrant from the judge. And I think that is why we heard so many versions about the DNA when Karr was first arrested. It was a match, it wasn't taken, testing wasn't complete and so forth. I think they didn't want to publicize it because it could "taint" the jury pool with prejudicial info if they released the DNA results yet couldn't present it in court.

mysteriew said:
I'm on the fence. There is so much information, controversial info, conflicting
'official' theory and conflicting unofficial theory that I just can't tell. I think it is possible, if they can disprove the alibi's that his family is giving him, I am likely to swing that he did it.
And things are not looking good for the family alibi's. The father insisting he was with them, the ex wife saying he was with her, nobody has any pictures and now the ex wife is slightly pulling back from it. Add that to the family selling the picture rights, and I just don't know how much I believe about the family alibis.
About the family....why would they sell the picture rights if they thought he was not guilty? I mean do they really think that anyone will want to make a movie of it if he is determinned to be a kook?
My take on it is that the family were clueless and they are caught up now in a maelstrom. They thought he was dead - he was their black sheep, their shame. Then he's arrested and all over the news. They automatically defend him when reporters call because otherwise they look bad. Then some showbiz agent types start calling and saying they can get good money to pay for his kids' college since he is going to be tried and possibly convicted. The family thinks about it and realizes they are in big trouble. At least if they have some kind of person who knows what he is doing helping them, telling them what to do, earning them money, then they can survive this. So they accept one of the first offers they get, quickly.

I tried to put myself in their place. This is not some normal All American, Leave it to Beaver family, but they don't want to be painted as a sick family that spawned a pedophile killer. I can give them credit for at least being normal people and not sick. The ones that are still alive are probably decent people, but there was known mental illness in the family, and John Karr is looking like a lunatic in the news...So they sign on the dotted line and hire the agent. They are trying to be rational and do the right thing.

The agent immediately starts talking to the media for them to stop them from stuttering and guessing about Xmas photos and stuff. I heard him on Inside Edition today. "The family believes he needs help." That kind of thing, kindly, concerned, but not admitting any guilt. I think this is standard and expected.

As long as there was no eyewitness to the murder and people still think there is not enough evidence to hang him, as long as no HARD evidence that places him in Boulder, they will keep on insisting he was in Atlanta or Alabama with them. Again this is so standard. Remember Karr himself was quoted as saying this is what families do. They will try to protect him. That doesn't prove they are right, just that they are trying to protect him.

Sorry but I can't forget Ted Bundy's sweet looking, frail, gentle, elderly mother saying he could not possibly have hurt anyone (and this is after he confessed and was executed). Family members sometimes have mental blocks about being able to believe their flesh and blood could have been a criminal. AS for Karr's insane mother, that would be a problem for them to deal with too, probably very hard for them, and they will be defending those allegations saying it was not her fault etc. etc. etc. and she got mental help, died tragically, but they are trying to get on with their lives and what about the children, they are doing the best they can to raise the boys to be normal, the abused wives have gotten on with their lives and they just want some peace, and of course, they will get some sympathy. And it's not about them anyway, it's about John Karr.

But whether or not Karr gets sympathy for being abused as a child, or is excoriated for causing a circus by making up his sick fantasies and never actually molesting or hurting anyone, he has got to be fully investigated and the family is just going to have to deal with it the best they can. If he is dangerous, other children will be kept safe if he is locked away as soon as possible. I leave a tiny opening of a chance that he is delusional and sick and didn't actually go to Boulder and kill JBR. But I am 99% sure he did, and he was smart enough to cover his tracks even with his family, for ten years. But the truth will come out soon enough, because if he was there, he DID leave evidence behind. I don't want the wrong person to be convicted. Of course I want it sorted out. But so far it's not just one or two things about this man that make him fit the profile of the killer. It's everything I've read about him and what he said, and his past....so I wait to see what the 50 page affidavit says.

Oh yes on Nancy Grace today they went into nonsense about the bracelet and how he knew about it; and the check stub and how he knew what drawer it was kept in. Please. As Nancy herself knew, the bracelet was in the autopsy, which is on the internet. Anyone could hazard a guess about a drawer. That is not something that would stir the police into action. These 2 pieces of information about the crime are not enough to arrest a man on. To even mention them as inside information is just stupid, and maybe they think the public is that dumb. Anyway, I am positive he either has actual souvenirs of the house, or knows things that were truly never printed anywhere, and thus no one like Karr would have been able to pick them up, not even by tricking Tracey into revealing inside information that he had, since Tracey wouldn't have it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur