Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsMush99 said:
No way JB, I'm sticking this one out, LOL. But WS is slowing down for me. Anyone else having a problem?
I've been having problems with the server since this case broke ~ often getting "try again later" ~ I think it's overloaded. I'll stay awake to watch the tv coverage, but it's late here and the computer needs to go to sleep for the night!
:)

I've been having problems with the server since this case broke ~ often getting "try again later" ~ I think it's overloaded.
Having the same problems out here on my end too!

dragonfly707 said:
Awww C'mon Cricket this is big breaking news for a 10 year old case....LOL:dance:

There are news crews sitting in front of him and behind him. Customs is going to come on the plane and process him then he will be taken off first. I was kind of hoping that news crews in front and behind might have something new when that happens. Ya have to admit he is quite a side show.
As I said, I'm up too! I just opened a second browser, so I can flip between sites easier. Plus, I've got the TV on, with my handy-dandy remote cotrol.

The mews crews will probably set up immediately after getting off the plane, even if JMK has been spirited away by officials - they'll be chomping at the bit to tell everyone about how he behaved in flight.

Fox is saying it's "due to land any time now."

sntemp said:
He has already been convicted in California. He should be staying in California to get his sentence for that conviction. Then Colorado has to issue an arrest warrant and at that point a hearing will be scheduled to determine if he goes to Colorado.
sntemp, Karr has not had a trial in CA yet. His charges are being put on hold awaiting the CO outcome.

Sonoma County puts Karr charges on hold

Sonoma County's child *advertiser censored* charges pending against John Mark Karr will wait while Colorado authorities pursue their case, authorities said Friday.

Karr, arrested Wednesday in Thailand, could face murder charges in the 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey in Boulder, Colo.

Karr has been a fugitive from Sonoma County since 2001, when he failed to appear for a court hearing after being charged with five misdemeanor counts of possessing child *advertiser censored*.

Sonoma County District Attorney Stephan Passalacqua has "no intention to proceed on the misdemeanor charge at this time. The priority is the homicide case."

But, he added, "if for some reason that doesn't materialize, then we'll revisit the issue and make an appropriate decision at the time."

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060819/NEWS/608190320

JBean said:
he's wearing one Birdie.

Ahh, I am getting my updates off the 'net rather than TV, so I didn't see that.

I hope it gets taken away from him in jail/facility where he is staying.

They sure are giving him the royal treatment, though, I never heard of a (possible) perp being given so many choices.

I just hope we get some good information from those reporters that are on the plane with him. I hope they don't rehash what he ate on the plane.

Buzzm1 said:
sntemp, Karr has not had a trial in CA yet. His charges are being put on hold awaiting the CO outcome.

Sonoma County puts Karr charges on hold

Sonoma County's child *advertiser censored* charges pending against John Mark Karr will wait while Colorado authorities pursue their case, authorities said Friday.

Karr, arrested Wednesday in Thailand, could face murder charges in the 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey in Boulder, Colo.

Karr has been a fugitive from Sonoma County since 2001, when he failed to appear for a court hearing after being charged with five misdemeanor counts of possessing child *advertiser censored*.

Sonoma County District Attorney Stephan Passalacqua has "no intention to proceed on the misdemeanor charge at this time. The priority is the homicide case."

But, he added, "if for some reason that doesn't materialize, then we'll revisit the issue and make an appropriate decision at the time."

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060819/NEWS/608190320http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060819/NEWS/608190320
I do think that he was charged with violating his pre-trial agreement, meaning he didn't show up. And that's the charge that CA found him guily of (in absentia). He will still have to have a trial at some point on the original charges.

MrsMush99 said:
I will as soon as he gets off the plane. I figure by 1 a.m est I should be asleep, LOL.
------------

I'm up also, nothing new for me I work nights.I am anxious to see him leave the plane~hope I do. I dont know what to think! The guy/gal is a nut!!!

cricket said:
I do think that he was charged with violating his pre-trial agreement, meaning he didn't show up. And that's the charge that CA found him guily of (in absentia). He will still have to have a trial at some point on the original charges.
Karr violated his release agreement, and would have been put back in jail, awaiting his trial, if they could have located him

He/she stated "he was with JonBenet when she died"-but what I have NOT heard asked was whether or not he was alone. He/she doesn't seem to have the brainpower to have managed to break into the Ramsey's home undetected, kill JonBenet and leave virtually NO EVIDENCE! Has any info come to light about possible accomplices? :waitasec: :liar:

are they shohwing the same plane over and over?? Or are these different planes landing?

Buzzm1 said:
Karr violated his release agreement, and would have been put back in jail, awaiting his trial, if they could have located him
Buzzi - yes they would put him back in jail, awaiting the trial on the original charges, but if you violate your pre-trial agreement, they do more than just send you back to jail to await your trial. They also stick extra charges on you. For example, my son was pre-trial, and violated the terms of it by testing positive for marijuana use. That's then a violation of the pre-trial agreement (or release on bond agreement) and they gave him a new charge, with a new court date, and jail time.

Just heard TH say MK got champagne on the plane.

MrsMush99 said:
are they shohwing the same plane over and over?? Or are these different planes landing?
They are playing a shell game with the planes so we don't know which one he is in.

JBean said:
THE EAGLE HAS LANDEDI think
Sure has, watching it live now!

LE now surrounding the area they say. Going in for a wider shot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan