Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 pilots 3 deputies 2 sheriffs from CO will accompany JK back to CO

MrsMush99 said:
JDB, they did not know his name until August 11th.
I heard that Tracey turned over the e-mails in may to the BPD.Or am I crazy??? :crazy:
http://www.denverpost.com/jonbenet/ci_4199190
Like anyone with a public connection to the JonBenét Ramsey murder case, Michael Tracey hears from hundreds of people - from crackpots, concerned citizens and the merely curious.

But something stood out about the many e-mails Tracey, producer of three documentaries about the case, got over four years from the man he now knows is John Mark Karr.

By this past May, something in Karr's messages prompted Tracey to alert Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy.

Tracey, a University of Colorado journalism professor, wouldn't say what exactly was in the more recent messages that persuaded him to go to authorities, only that "it was the responsible thing to do."

JDB said:
I heard that Tracey turned over the e-mails in may to the BPD.Or am I crazy??? :crazy:
No, LOL you are not crazy. That is true, but they didn't know who he was. He was masking his email.

Plane Arrives to Take Karr to Colorado

An airplane apparently sent to bring John Mark Karr to Boulder, Colo. arrived this morning in Long Beach, the next step in the former teacher's trip to face charges in connection with the murder of the 6-year-old beauty pageant queen a decade ago, according to media reports.

Karr, who has been lodged in an isolated 6-by-9-foot Los Angeles County Jail cell, was moved by sheriff's helicopter to the waiting airplane for the trip to Colorado, according to reports.

ADVERTISEMENTKABC-TV and KNBC-TV broadcast the images from the Long Beach airport. The craft were parked on the tarmac awaiting the transfer.

The Rocky Mountain News reported that a Beech King Air turbo-prop owned by the state of Colorado took off from Jefferson County Airport this morning. It arrived in Long Beach before noon.

The plane can carry up to seven passengers and travels at 260 mph and would get Karr to Colorado this afternoon.

Prosecutors would then have 72 hours to formally arraign the suspect.

Earlier this week a judge ordered Karr extradited to Colorado in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case after the suspect waived his rights at a hearing.

Karr, 41, told reporters in Thailand last week that he was with the child when she was killed on Dec. 26, 1996. He described the death as accidental.

Karr's surrender to authorities has set off a whirlwind of speculation on whether the former teacher was a serious suspect or a self-aggrandizing publicity seeker.

The Boulder County district attorney's office has not said what evidence it has linking Karr to the killing. Various leaked e-mails from Karr to a Colorado journalism professor have indicated that Karr was obsessed with the murder.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-082406karr,0,4821774.story?coll=la-home-headlines

The first draft was never found but authorities determined what was written by examining marks in a notepad. The killer would know what he originally wrote, and why he changed the wording, the investigator said.

Mr Nagel's document also suggests previously published emails exchanged between Karr and a University of Colorado journalism professor, Michael Tracey, may not include the incriminating emails that led to his arrest. "[The media] even allege, with no basis for doing so, that a substantial portion of the emails between Mr Karr and Mr Tracey have been disclosed," the motion said.

Mr Nagel said that despite thousands of articles and books written about the murder, "most of the evidence in the affidavit has not been disclosed".

WOW! If Karr had that info, and he could not have been there physically, perhaps he KNOWS WHO was there. Maybe he is an accessory after the fact.

When I heard that they were planning to move him today on the radio this morning (FOX Newsbreak) I thought there must be more than every so-called expert has been blathering about.

I am very intrigued.

JDB said:
They knew about Karr is May thanks to Tracey. That is the part that gets me. Why did they wait till after Patsy died to do anything? :crazy:

From May until June when Patsy died, the authorities were exchanging emails with Karr (IIRC Karr thought he was exchanging emails with Patsy). The authorities asked Patsy if she would agree to meet with Karr but she died before that could be arranged.

From the Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/jonbenet/ci_4228050

Nagel said that despite thousands of articles and books about the slaying, "most of the evidence in the affidavit has not been disclosed, nor has the media developed it independently."

Larry Pozner said on MSNBC today that he heard there were 50-80 pages of evidence in the affidavit for the arrest warrant.

This appears to be a political move, meant to make it appear as if CO has a case against Karr. I think CO has a lot to prove becuase we haven't seen anything yet that would convince any of us that Karr is actually the perp. Karr's word that he is guilty, such as it is, isn't good enough.

Mr Nagel said that despite thousands of articles and books written about the murder, "most of the evidence in the affidavit has not been disclosed".

This is exactly what I have long maintained. We do NOT know everything. All of the JonBenet forums on the web do not have every bit of info.

I am very very intrigued by what is on that affidavit.

A reporter, or maybe he was an attorney, :doh: reported, JMK had been brought to the attention to the Boulder DA in connection to JBR, and at least 4 times in the last several years.

It was awhile ago, but I was up to my elbows in pie dough LOL /Banfield's show.

Did we know this before? 4X's? Once comes to my mind. :doh:

"This appears to be a political move, meant to make it appear as if CO has a case against Karr. I think CO has a lot to prove becuase we haven't seen anything yet that would convince any of us that Karr is actually the perp. Karr's word that he is guilty, such as it is, isn't good enough."

I have to agree for now.

Yeah, I found that interesting, the number of times Karr set off somebody's hinky meter. Reminded me of Ted Bundy.

Buzzm1 said:
This appears to be a political move, meant to make it appear as if CO has a case against Karr. I think CO has a lot to prove becuase we haven't seen anything yet that would convince any of us that Karr is actually the perp. Karr's word that he is guilty, such as it is, isn't good enough.
Buzz I think no matter what we think of his lawyers. The DA hand was forced last night by the press confernce.Now is time for the DA to put up or shut up.

Buzzm1 said:

Right on! The mention of what was determined to have been written on the note, the missing practice note, yudda mudda! Seems a stretch! Left all the others there, so maybe he ate it! ;)

Is anyone else watching the cable news, or Court Tv coverage of the airport transfer and him getting on the plane? The commentators kept saying he was in the orange jail jumpsuit, but it sure didn't look like that in the picture.

Ready for takeoff now ~
:clap:

Everyone keeps saying he had on an orange jumpsuit, but to me it looked like the red shirt (sans tie) and black pants he had on in his trip from Thailand?

ETA, I don't remember the orange jumpsuit during his hearing having a collar.

panthera said:
Is anyone else watching the cable news, or Court Tv coverage of the airport transfer and him getting on the plane? The commentators kept saying he was in the orange jail jumpsuit, but it sure didn't look like that in the picture.

Ready for takeoff now ~
:clap:
I have CTTV on, but I missed it, reading here. You could never get me on that 'small' plane!

OK going down the runway---Liftoff!

Yes, they claim they only discovered this "secret" stuff a few weeks ago. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState