Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
kazzbar said:
Well done all of you.Will be watching this with interest.i believe if Karr did kill JBR the pageants were where he 'first' saw her and he thought she was 'perfect' OOohh!!...

Yes Kazzbar, I think you are right.

Today I read a clip saying JonBenet was as professional at what she did in competing and modeling at age 6 as one could ever be. I'll pull that up for the fun of it as it was a real nice tribute to her. I know she gave it her all and worked hard to be the best.

So she had a lot of press coverage and bet everyone in Atlanta was rootin' for her bigtime. It could easily be possible Karr saw a pic of her in the paper or on a poster, and he probably traveled in Pedo circles at that time too. She could have been the talk of the whole town, including Pedo Jabberwocky!

If I weren't a lady, which thankfully I am, I could probably give a good blow by blow description of the thoughts that traveled through his mind the very first time he saw her.

Scandi

DNA Evidence At Center Of Karr Case
Public Defender Asks Judge To Prohibit DNA Testing Without Notification

BOULDER, Colo., Aug. 26, 2006

A Quote

"Mr. Karr's right to privacy can only be protected by giving him the opportunity to be heard on this issue prior to collection of a sample."

(AP) DNA evidence, considered a potential key to solving the 1996 slaying of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, has emerged as an early battleground in the case against John Mark Karr.

Karr's public defender, Seth Temin, said Friday that any DNA samples taken from his client could not have been legally obtained. He asked a judge to prohibit prosecutors and police from conducting any DNA testing without first notifying the court and the defense.

"Biological evidence reveals highly private and sensitive information about a person," Temin wrote. "Mr. Karr's right to privacy can only be protected by giving him the opportunity to be heard on this issue prior to collection of a sample."

District attorney's spokeswoman Carolyn French said prosecutors would respond after reviewing Temin's court filings. There won't be much public comment: Boulder County District Judge Roxanne Bailin issued a gag order forbidding attorneys and authorities from publicly discussing most aspects of the case.

There is no doubt the defendant eventually will be required to provide a DNA sample, even if the one being contested is thrown out, said Scott Robinson, a Denver attorney familiar with the case.

"If there is probability for an arrest warrant there is clearly a cause for an a DNA swab," he said Saturday. "His defense lawyer wants an expert present for testing to make sure they get an equal amount of tested material."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/26/national/main1936830.shtml

I found this link today and think it is very informational. And I will highlight the nice tribute to JonBenet they have given:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/features.cfm?id=1206212006

Snipet
" . . . .I am so sorry for what happened to JonBenet

by EMMA COWING

. . .After ten long years of searching, finger-pointing, accusations and trails gone cold, the search for the killer of the six-year-old beauty queen from Boulder, Colorado, appears to have ended. But it has done so thousands of miles away, amid the ignominious surroundings of a low-rent dormitory-style hotel called The Blooms, in a Bangkok neighbourhood of massage parlours which cater to sex tourists. . . .

.. .JonBenet was as close to a professional beauty pageant queen as a six-year-old could be. Her titles included America's Royal Miss, Little Miss Colorado, Little Miss Sunburst and, in a tragic irony, Little Miss Merry Christmas. Had she lived, she would now be 16 and probably a minor celebrity, winning teenage pageants. But it would have been nothing compared to the notoriety her name gained after death. . . ."

Scandi

PS: In every case it seems there are a very few Classic articles written that stand the test of time and scrutiny. In the Scott Peterson case it was the artilce in the Sunday Oakland Tribune by James Beard I believe {james or Charles} that told about the side sonar and how the police chief said they had spotted what they thought was a body. It was a classic. I still have a copy of it.

I think Emma's article here is one of those 'Keepers'. Buzz also posted one yesterday that said something like 'So you leared you might have a murderer in your family' . . similar. These two are keeper articles that I hope will go into a special little folder somewhere for all to learn from and enjoy reading. It isn't just the poignent point of view necessarily, nor the info that is gleaned therefrom, but it all comes in a package where the bow says it all: You also have the enjoyment of reading a piece of great writing! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

scandi said:
Yes Kazzbar, I think you are right.

Today I read a clip saying JonBenet was as professional at what she did in competing and modeling at age 6 as one could ever be. I'll pull that up for the fun of it as it was a real nice tribute to her. I know she gave it her all and worked hard to be the best.

So she had a lot of press coverage and bet everyone in Atlanta was rootin' for her bigtime. It could easily be possible Karr saw a pic of her in the paper or on a poster, and he probably traveled in Pedo circles at that time too. She could have been the talk of the whole town, including Pedo Jabberwocky!

If I weren't a lady, which thankfully I am, I could probably give a good blow by blow description of the thoughts that traveled through his mind the very first time he saw her.

Scandi
LOL, Scandi. Pedo Jabberwocky ! A you have given me a good laff.:laugh:

scandi said:
I found this link today and think it is very informational. And I will highlight the nice tribute to JonBenet they have given:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/features.cfm?id=1206212006

Snipet
" . . . .I am so sorry for what happened to JonBenet

by EMMA COWING

. . .After ten long years of searching, finger-pointing, accusations and trails gone cold, the search for the killer of the six-year-old beauty queen from Boulder, Colorado, appears to have ended. But it has done so thousands of miles away, amid the ignominious surroundings of a low-rent dormitory-style hotel called The Blooms, in a Bangkok neighbourhood of massage parlours which cater to sex tourists. . . .

.. .JonBenet was as close to a professional beauty pageant queen as a six-year-old could be. Her titles included America's Royal Miss, Little Miss Colorado, Little Miss Sunburst and, in a tragic irony, Little Miss Merry Christmas. Had she lived, she would now be 16 and probably a minor celebrity, winning teenage pageants. But it would have been nothing compared to the notoriety her name gained after death. . . ."

Scandi

PS: In every case it seems there are a very few Classic articles written that stand the test of time and scrutiny. In the Scott Peterson case it was the artilce in the Sunday Oakland Tribune by James Beard I believe {james or Charles} that told about the side sonar and how the police chief said they had spotted what they thought was a body. It was a classic. I still have a copy of it.

I think Emma's article here is one of those 'Keepers'. Buzz also posted one yesterday that said something like 'So you leared you might have a murderer in your family' . . similar. These two are keeper articles that I hope will go into a special little folder somewhere for all to learn from and enjoy reading. It isn't just the poignent point of view necessarily, nor the info that is gleaned therefrom, but it all comes in a package where the bow says it all: You also have the enjoyment of reading a piece of great writing! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That was a nice article Scandi and thanks for posting it. :)

And I realized that the 25th was Christmas Eve. That is the biggie at Christmas, well if you are Scandanavian at least, as that is when all the children open their presents after coming home from church.

Hi, Scandi,

Maybe that was just a typo? Christmas Eve is always on the 24th. So, yeah, he would have had plenty of time to leave after the festivities. If he was so inclined. :sick:

Hi Zelda,

I think most of her competitions were in 1996. She won 4 titles I think. I have read several links that state she won the LMSunburst pageant. And there was one in either August of October of '96.

From what I have gleaned in reading about her competitions, she was also a loser in a Little Mis Sunburst pageant, and her friend with whom she competed often, Thumper, won that competetion. I think our girl JonBenet came in second.

So in her short life as a contestant and BQ winner, I think she did win that contest not that long before she was brutally taken out.

I would have no way of knowing if he was there, but will call Sunburst Models on Monday and see what they can tell me about where it was held.

Scandi

JonBenet was as close to a professional beauty pageant queen as a six-year-old could be. Her titles included America's Royal Miss, Little Miss Colorado, Little Miss Sunburst and, in a tragic irony, Little Miss Merry Christmas.

Does this mean that JonBenet won the title in Atlanta in August of 1996? If she did, that would have probably have received a little local press coverage.

Did Karr see her then? Another thing to chew on.

Thanks, Scandi for that info. According to DOI, she was there in Atlanta in August 1996. When I went to that website, it said the Atlanta pageant is the International Little Miss Sunburst. It is probably the same month (perhaps even the same weekend) every year for scheduling purposes. And this one is the BIGGIE, the grand finale, so accompanying it would be all the bells and whistles.

Perhaps the Karr family knew a little girl that was into pageantry, and they went there to "cheer her on"? Just throwing spaghetti against the wall here....;)

OMG Thank you again Shelayne! ;) You are so right. So he would have been there through Christmas Eve and all day on the 25th which is always Christmas Day, right? Then left early the morning of the 26th with family duties completed and headed for Boulder.

Shelayne, do you wonder why the media has not thought of this? I mean it is bizarro that they haven't put the correct dates of Christmas on the 24th and 25th. Do these holidays always fall on those two dates? I'm going to email Rita! LOL Do you want to email Greta? Baa Haa Haa Haa :D

BINGO This little riddle may have been solved to where he spent Christmas with his family and was still in Boulder on the 26th to kill her. No need for a picture now, as his alibi just died, right?

xoxoxoxoxo Scandi

Shelayne said:
Does this mean that JonBenet won the title in Atlanta in August of 1996? If she did, that would have probably have received a little local press coverage.

Did Karr see her then? Another thing to chew on.

Hi Shelayne, we were talking about this last week on one of the B-News theads.

Copy of what I posted: (partial post) Some about the SunburstPageant, and some other rambling. :)

I was doing some leafing thru PMPT, L. Schiller. Page 197, "The Ramseys spent the summer of 1996 in Charlevoix and Atlanta, where JonBenet entered the Sunburst Pageant, which cost Patsy over a thousand dollars in entry fees.

Then checking the, ACandyRose's site, 'Timeline', it also states JonBenet attended the Sunburst Pageant in Atlanta, Georgia on 8/13/96. DOI, p 59.

Did JMK become aware of JonBenet from her participation in a pageant in Atlanta? Just a guess. I would imagine, from the articles etc which came up when Googling, JonBenet's Sunburst title was in the news in the Atlanta area.

Also, ACandyRose's site, in the 'Timeline' there is a line which denotes a guest list for the 12/23/96 Christmas party. Noted with a 'T' for transcripts. From what I could tell, the list is not available online.

Also in my reading, there was mention of a 'Ramsey Corporate Christmas party'. It did not mention if this was held in Atlanta or in Boulder. I was left with the impression it was in Atlanta, as there was mention of pageant brochures found everywhere in the office. This might have been when they still had an office in Atlanta in addition to Boulder. I remember something about Nedra running Atlanta office. So maybe there was another Christmas party.

I'm seriously wondering if the Sunburst Pageant in Atlanta marked the beginning of JMK's obsession with JonBenet? 1996!

-Hope this is some help :)

Gees, I looked all over that site to find out what DOI was. lol

I'm beginning to wonder what in the world of forumdom I would ever do without you Shelayne! Krams {Big Hugs in Swedish ;}

Just me

He would have been there on Christmas Eve, so his wife might remember that. It was only that he skipped out early in the morning on the 26th and didn't get home till the following afternoon. That is the afternoon of Christmas Day. So they were right. He was there possibly, just not all of the time! If I were a lawyer I could build on that big time!~
I don't follow your dates. But, thinking about it, it could offer a clue. I have celebrated US, German, Hungarian and Scandinavian Xmases in which Dec 24 was still Xmas Eve and Dec 25 was still Xmas Day. Only in the UK and Canada is Dec 26 a holiday, called Boxing Day.
Some Europeans have Xmas dinner and open gifts on Xmas Eve, which is the 24th. We alternated having Xmas dinner and opening gifts on Xmas eve or Xmas morning, all through our lives because of the two different traditions. In fact we do both now at two different family houses. Many people do this.

If the Karrs celebrated Xmas eve, the 24th, he could be home all day on the 24th, even be there in the morning of the 25th, not leave till afternoon and gone for days and still they could say he was home for Xmas as they would recall the Xmas eve dinner/presents being opened. I am sure the exact dates and times will come out in court.

scandi said:
OMG Thank you again Shelayne! ;) You are so right. So he would have been there through Christmas Eve and all day on the 25th which is always Christmas Day, right? Then left early the morning of the 26th with family duties completed and headed for Boulder.

Shelayne, do you wonder why the media has not thought of this? I mean it is bizarro that they haven't put the correct dates of Christmas on the 24th and 25th. Do these holidays always fall on those two dates? I'm going to email Rita! LOL Do you want to email Greta? Baa Haa Haa Haa :D

BINGO This little riddle may have been solved to where he spent Christmas with his family and was still in Boulder on the 26th to kill her. No need for a picture now, as his alibi just died, right?

xoxoxoxoxo Scandi

Scandi, I am confused. I am not understanding something,---why hasn't the media got what? the pagenet connection? Timing? --get what? :confused: but that is always me :dance: LOL

Shelayne said:
Hi Scandi & Wudge,

I just looked at acandyrose and found this:

1996-08-13 (--) JonBenet Ramsey - Sunburst National Pageant in Atlanta, Georgia (DOI pg 59)

JonBenet was in Atlanta, August of 1996 in all her pageant glory. Did Karr see her?

I see what I did Shelayne. I just picked the wrong year. In 1995 it was in October and 1006 held it in August. I think she came in second in 1995.

Scandi

scandi said:
Gees, I looked all over that site to find out what DOI was. lol

I'm beginning to wonder what in the world of forumdom I would ever do without you Shelayne! Krams {Big Hugs in Swedish ;}

Just me

Scandi,

You are too funny! :blowkiss: Back at ya, darlin'!

LaMer said:
Scandi, I am confused. I am not understanding something,---why hasn't the media got what? the pagenet connection? Timing? --get what? :confused: but that is always me :dance: LOL

The media keeps dwelling on the fact it needs to be proven where he was on Christmas, and the date of the 26th is used as Christmas, right? His family is looking for pictures that place him at home on the 26th. They say he never missed a Christmas with them. But the 26th was not Christmas, right, as the 24th is usually {always} Christmas eve and the 25th Christmas Day. It can fall on a different day of the week, but not on a different date. The 26th was in the 'week between Christmas and New Years.

The pageant connection has nothing to do with the need to know if he was home in Alabama or wherever on the 26th.

Scandi

Also in my reading, there was mention of a 'Ramsey Corporate Christmas party'. It did not mention if this was held in Atlanta or in Boulder. I was left with the impression it was in Atlanta, as there was mention of pageant brochures found everywhere in the office. This might have been when they still had an office in Atlanta in addition to Boulder. I remember something about Nedra running Atlanta office. So maybe there was another Christmas party.
I'm seriously wondering if the Sunburst Pageant in Atlanta marked the beginning of JMK's obsession with JonBenet? 1996!

-Hope this is some help

WOW! If that is true, then this could be the hook. Perhaps Karr's brother did have an association with John Ramsey? Perhaps this is not so far-fetched after all! Did one of the Karr brothers bring JMK to the party? OR did he have one of those brochures? Was JB in it?

I was thinking this guy was just a flaming nutball, but now I have been thinking crazy...like a fox.

I'm not ready to abandon this ship quite yet.

You have been very helpful, thank you! :)

Hi, Scandi, it's me again...

Ummm. I believe the fateful night in question for little JonBenet was late night December 25th into the early hours of the 26th.

Otherwise, you are right. He could have celebrated BOTH Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with his family, left Christmas afternoon and been in Boulder (with a two hour time difference) in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time