BREAKING: NY - James Burke, ex-police chief of Suffolk County, arrested for soliciting a male undercover officer, 22 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"He served 40 months in prison and was released in 2019. His probation ended last year.
Former Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota, 81, and the chief of Spota’s anti-corruption bureau, Christopher McPartland, 57, are both serving five-year prison sentences for witness tampering, obstruction of justice and conspiracy."

Last edited:
James Burke has a thread here on WS if anyone wants some background info. This is thread #3:

Hello….It’s called Grindr, jeez! It’s like they want to get caught! WTF? I’m not surprised at all it was a man he solicited. He behaved like the stereotypical, misogynistic, hetero male, on steroids. Overcompensating ….I think I have a good idea what he really had in that stolen briefcase. The guy who stole it was probably trying to shake him down. I always felt like something was missing from that story.

who are his friends?
Did the execute warrants on his home and devices?
did they take his phone, even?

the ranger did not recognise him.
Was this arrest a surprise for more people than Burke/
I doubt it.

If it was a sting targeted at sex trade occurring in the park, all the information was gathered there.

I think it would be extremely hard to convince a judge to grant a warrant to look for... what?

Previous occurrences? Like, if he were accused of speeding, could they search his devices for evidence that he speeds everyday?

In theory, Burke was not targeted at this sting. So, when woukd they get a warrant?

MOO

I doubt it.

If it was a sting targeted at sex trade occurring in the park, all the information was gathered there.

I think it would be extremely hard to convince a judge to grant a warrant to look for... what?

Previous occurrences? Like, if he were accused of speeding, could they search his devices for evidence that he speeds everyday?

In theory, Burke was not targeted at this sting. So, when woukd they get a warrant?

MOO

I doubt it.

MOO
That's what I understand also. It was a sting operation to capture "a" culprit.
They didn't know it was Burke.

Hello….It’s called Grindr, jeez! It’s like they want to get caught! WTF? I’m not surprised at all it was a man he solicited. He behaved like the stereotypical, misogynistic, hetero male, on steroids. Overcompensating ….I think I have a good idea what he really had in that stolen briefcase. The guy who stole it was probably trying to shake him down. I always felt like something was missing from that story.

Right?

The desires and consensual actions on them are not the problem.

Yet, THAT is embarrassing to him?

All the harm he's caused and he doesn't want it out there that he likes... whatever.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back