Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read that Brendan would be out on Friday (its Friday here) at 8 pm?

It's almost as if AG Schimel knew exactly what the 7th circuit would rule on this.....

The really scary thing here is that Schimel's main argument appears to be that the confession is valid because those interrogation methods are accepted by courts all over the country.

Soooo...what he is really advocating here is that it be acceptable to violate a persons constitutional rights in order to obtain a confession to a crime

Indeed we did my friend...indeed we did!
I just want to HUG YOU GUYS!
Missy, BCA, Jaiddie, IDK, COOLJ, KR ( forgot the rest of your username! Sorry kyrs or something like that) KARRINA, HIPPIEMOM,
AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO'S GIVEN THEIR SUPPORT TO BRENDAN!
( I'm a " touchy feelie " girl )
Hugs!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Krkrjk!! That's it!

Not only am I outraged at how Dassey and Avery were railroaded but I am just as upset for Halbach's loved ones who trusted authorities to get justice on her behalf.
Absolutely! I think about this a lot!
Not only Justice for Teresa and her family..IMO,
THE PERSON WHO KILLED HER & THOSE WHO HELPED COVER IT UP having been living their lives.
All of these years these perps have went about their business thinking they had committed the perfect murder/frame job..IMO
I REALLY WANT TO SEE KZ EXPOSE the REAL MURDERER.
When she does..this case will be a HUGE PART OF AMERICAN HISTORY.
I think about Teresa often..I mean, how can she be at peace?
JMO

Breaking news, a stay has been granted by the court. Brendan isn't getting out tomorrow. I feel for the poor kid.
I figured..this STATE has MUCH to lose and many folks are second guessing the question
" do we really want the state of WI known for THIS? " ( corruption)
Maybe I am wrong..however how can politics NOT come into play here?
JMO

Yep, COOLJ
Releasing him means TRUTH..
Truth= not good at ALL for the state of WI!
I had a feeling..cowards..IMO I worry about BD, SA, and even KZ safety.
Maybe I am overreacting..
JMO

You are not over-reacting, imo. Corruption knows no bounds and anyone who stands in the way of such evil will be taken down in whatever way they deem necessary. Until we get more like Judge Duffin in places of authority around here, everyone involved in trying to right these wrongs is at risk. I have to say, as pleased as I was the Dassey was ordered release, I feared for his safety on the outside. Not that I believe he is all that safe on the inside...

Schimel has been fighting awfully hard for his ole buddy Ken Kratz.
I expect a blog post from Dan O'Donnell any minute now....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Schimel

Schimel said his priorities were upholding the Constitution, stopping heroin use, fighting internet crimes against children and putting an end to violence against women.[3]

BBM - what a joke this guy is

I have read this is the same court who will make the final judgement on the families Facebook page. It seemed to be almost certain the courts appeal would be rejected, until it was.

You can only hope Stevens exoneration based on new tests is enough to help Brendan out. I'm not entirely sure how that would work though as the cases aren't technically linked (if Brendan's trial wasn't supposedly allowed to be referenced in Stevens)

Duffin went against his own orders and I am not surprised that the 3 judge panel thwarted the defense's attempt to get their client freed. JMO

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Duffin went against his own orders and I am not surprised that the 3 judge panel thwarted the defense's attempt to get their client freed. JMO

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I don't believe Duffin went against his own orders. I believe his words are open to interpretation. That was a mistake on his part. His intent was for BD to be released when he overturned the conviction. JMO

I don't believe Duffin went against his own orders. I believe his words are open to interpretation. That was a mistake on his part. His intent was for BD to be released when he overturned the conviction. JMO
This

OH MY GOSH! I've been hiding under a rock the past few days!! I take a few days off Websleuth's and look what happens! I think I need to take more off...LOL

Same here! Just had my baby last month and I haven't been keeping up with much of anything other than her. I'm so happy to hear Brendan will finally be going home where he should be.

Same here! Just had my baby last month and I haven't been keeping up with much of anything other than her. I'm so happy to hear Brendan will finally be going home where he should be.

Congrats on the new crumb snatcher! :)

Unfortunately, today the 7th Circuit court stayed the release and BD will not be released.

tweet from Steven Drizin

Steven A Drizin ‏@SDrizin 56m56 minutes ago
So proud of Laura and Dassey team!(Bob Dvorak,NULS students,and Kasia).BD is our rock.Stay strong!We will fight on for justice for BD!@CWCY

Reporters were waiting to see Brandam walk out when the order came through blocking his release.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/218172568-story
A Wisconsin prison inmate whose case was featured in the Netflix series "Making a Murderer" will stay behind bars while state attorneys appeal a decision overturning his conviction, a panel of federal appellate judges ruled Thursday.

...Dassey will remain behind bars pending the outcome of the appeal. It's unclear when that might come. Briefs in the case aren't due to the 7th Circuit until late December. A decision likely won't come down for weeks or even months later.

Anybody know who the federal appellate judges were who made the ruling today? I believe it was a panel of 3. Do they release the names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae