Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here! Just had my baby last month and I haven't been keeping up with much of anything other than her. I'm so happy to hear Brendan will finally be going home where he should be.

Welcome back Sinsaint!! :welcomeback: Congrats on the baby!!! :congrats::up: Hope everyone is healthy!

Welcome to all the Newbies! :welcome2:

...and welcome back to those that haven't been here in awhile!:welcomeback:

I'm so sad for BD and his family, seems like the justice system let them down again. :(

BUT~~I told everyone they were not going to go down without a fight and they were going to play dirty.

Anybody know who the federal appellate judges were who made the ruling today? I believe it was a panel of 3. Do they release the names?
Hi CoolJ :seeya:

Here are the judges that are noted in the Order.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_H._Easterbrook
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Francis_Ripple
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hamilton_(judge)

Interesting tidbit... Hamilton frequently did pro bono work for the Indiana Civil Liberties Union, where he served briefly as a board member and vice president for litigation

Anybody know who the federal appellate judges were who made the ruling today? I believe it was a panel of 3. Do they release the names?

I assume it is these three?

The 7th Circuit judges -- Frank Easterbrook, Kenneth Ripple and David Hamilton -- issued a two-page ruling Thursday saying only that the state's emergency motion was granted and Dassey will remain behind bars pending the outcome of the appeal
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/218172568-story

I assume it is these three?

The 7th Circuit judges -- Frank Easterbrook, Kenneth Ripple and David Hamilton -- issued a two-page ruling Thursday saying only that the state's emergency motion was granted and Dassey will remain behind bars pending the outcome of the appeal
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/218172568-story

:welcomeback:

All they did was reinstate Duffin's original decision which was very clear. The conviction was overturned and stayed pending appeal. Nothing has changed.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

This is a roller coaster ride. Poor Brendan and his whole family. We all thought he would be home with his family on Thanksgiving. This Is Outrageous..

This injustice gets more and more disgusting at every turn.

I really wish we had colonized Mars--I'd be able to have my bags packed within the hour.

This injustice gets more and more disgusting at every turn.

I really wish we had colonized Mars--I'd be able to have my bags packed within the hour.

Yeah i agree, and maybe it's time for a bit of divine intervention from above to strike down the evil and the wicked. Too many people sick & tired of this prison planet. Maybe the wicked ones need to get sent to another universe and to leave all the good people be to get a fair shake here.

I'm so sad for BD and his family, seems like the justice system let them down again. :(

BUT~~I told everyone they were not going to go down without a fight and they were going to play dirty.

Looks like you were right BCA.

Same here! Just had my baby last month and I haven't been keeping up with much of anything other than her. I'm so happy to hear Brendan will finally be going home where he should be.

Congratulations on your new baby.

So who is responsible for jumping the gun on all this to the point of having media crews etc. out there awaiting Dassey's release? Seems a bit off to me that that happened really.

So who is responsible for jumping the gun on all this to the point of having media crews etc. out there awaiting Dassey's release? Seems a bit off to me that that happened really.
The defense or his family most likely. JMO

I did a quick read up on Judge Easterbrook and some say he is a no nonsense Judge who doesn't like it when Lawyers write their briefs like a soap opera. Whoever is responsible for Dassey's last one might be wise to take note. The "throwing the same ball against a different wall" comment is not only hypocritical imo, it is not something the 7th circuit would find as funny. Might be enough to entertain Dassey's supporters, but thats about it. JMO

I did a quick read up on Judge Easterbrook and some say he is a no nonsense Judge who doesn't like it when Lawyers write their briefs like a soap opera. Whoever is responsible for Dassey's last one might be wise to take note. The "throwing the same ball against a different wall" comment is not only hypocritical imo, it is not something the 7th circuit would find as funny. Might be enough to entertain Dassey's supporters, but thats about it. JMO

Pretty sure Duffin's goal was not to entertain "Dassey's Supporters"

How do you know all the way from Oz, what the U.S 7th Circuit would find funny?

Where did you read about Easterbrook and the "Soap Opera" bit?

Wow! This case just never stops surprising.

I can think of a few..names.
Oh, BCA got it😉
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your precious baby girl!
I LOVE new babies..and am a sucker for little girls!!🤘❤

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that since BD's attorney is from IL and the 7th District Court is in IL~~that his attorney's were familiar with the judges and knew what the judges were like....

Pretty sure Duffin's goal was not to entertain "Dassey's Supporters"

How do you know all the way from Oz, what the U.S 7th Circuit would find funny?

Where did you read about Easterbrook and the "Soap Opera" bit?
I wasn't talking about Duffin.

Research

From the link that was provided to you upthread, in the references section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?