Bret Michaels Rushed to ICU with Brain Hemorrhage

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dolly...I'm so glad your dad is doing well!! That gives us even more hope for Bret!

There was a patient on the neuro ICU that I worked on (as a student nurse) that had a bleed. They never found where the bleed started, and she was up, walking, talking, eating, and generally feeling "fine" except a bit of a headache. She went on home, and hasn't had a problem (that we know of) since.

While I doubt Brett Michaels' issue is the same, I can say that the medicine these days is amazing, and the body's ability to heal and recover is even more amazing...I'm holding hope that all will be well for him, and that this will be just another story he can tell to his grandkids.

Best-
Herding Cats

I think Bret's people jumped the gun a bit. Makes me wonder if docs have sat them down and had a talk. I know the link is from Star Magazine, but I did read basically the same thing from a AP article that I can't locate now. Bret's tour manager pretty much said when confronted about saying Bret will tour in a month, "Well it could happen".

http://www.starmagazine.com/bret_michaels_press_conference/news/16807

(snip)
Earlier today there was an update on Bret’s Facebook page stating he would return to his tour on May 26. However, that post has since been removed and updated with this post about the medical press conference

Brett Michaels update rockers condition back to critical doctors to hold press conference

Press conference now scheduled for Tuesday.

Since they haven't located the source of the bleeding, I wonder if he experienced a recurrence as a result of a seizure?

I would think the sodium problem could be managed but that if he did have a seizure it could cause another hemorrhage?

I think Bret's people jumped the gun a bit. Makes me wonder if docs have sat them down and had a talk. I know the link is from Star Magazine, but I did read basically the same thing from a AP article that I can't locate now. Bret's tour manager pretty much said when confronted about saying Bret will tour in a month, "Well it could happen".

http://www.starmagazine.com/bret_michaels_press_conference/news/16807

(snip)
Earlier today there was an update on Bret’s Facebook page stating he would return to his tour on May 26. However, that post has since been removed and updated with this post about the medical press conference

Oh, no!! Yesterday afternoon I heard on the radio that Bret' people were re-scheduling his concert dates starting May 26 - I thought that was way too soon. Now today, there is another story of him NOT doing well. I guess we will have to wait until Tuesday to hear what the doctors say.

Still hoping he pulls through.

Brett Michaels update rockers condition back to critical doctors to hold press conference

Press conference now scheduled for Tuesday.

Since they haven't located the source of the bleeding, I wonder if he experienced a recurrence as a result of a seizure?

I would think the sodium problem could be managed but that if he did have a seizure it could cause another hemorrhage?

----------------------
Strokes are hard to judge.seizures are not unusual.My son had 5% brain damage.It was the brain stem,any medical will tell you that is about the worst spot,it is the primative brain.He had no damage to the cortex.I pray this young man makes it. It would be a long haul.God be with him.

Blessings for Bret again. I sure hope he makes it. One can't really tell what the true story is on Bret, is he doing better or not? I think we would have seen him as the winner of CA if he would not have taken ill.

Prayers.
Gozgals

Blessings for Bret again. I sure hope he makes it. One can't really tell what the true story is on Bret, is he doing better or not? I think we would have seen him as the winner of CA if he would not have taken ill.

Prayers.
Gozgals

He may very well be the winner. I believe Mr. Trump said the reality series was filmed last fall. If that is so, they already know who won, but the cast and crew are sworn to secrecy. We will see what happens!

morning Penelope....from what I understand and read yesterday, everything but the last and final episode has been taped. The finale is a live episode and they are hoping Bret will be well enough to attend. That is just what I read yesterday so please don't take this as the gospel truth! Either way I think he will come out a winner....the news sounds more promising as times goes by so let's hope so.

My prayers and thoughts are with BM. Bret won $40,000. for his charity for Diabetes on the Celebrity Apprentice that aired last night. It's hard to watch the show not knowing how he's doing. Still, I was happy to see that he had won for his charity. I hope we learn more regarding his condition soon.

Well, today is Tuesday. Weren't Brett' doctors suppose to give a news conference today explaining/updating his condition?????

I was just wondering the same thing dallas....

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1638348/20100504/bret_michaels.jhtml?rsspartner=rssYahooNewscrawler

brother on Saturday and that Michaels was "definitely doing better — he was kind of getting up and starting to walk a bit ... because they don't want the blood to clot."

The other good news was that the Poison singer no longer has slurred speech, according to his sister, but that progress has come along with some other issues. "What's happened is all that blood in his brain is starting to drain, and he's starting to have a lot of back pain," she said, noting that her brother is getting antsy about being in the hospital and is eager to leave. "I can hear it in his voice. I know he's in a lot of pain. ... I said, 'Bret, considering what you've been through ... things could be so much worse.' "
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1638348/20100504/bret_michaels.jhtml?rsspartner=rssYahooNewscrawler

brother on Saturday and that Michaels was "definitely doing better — he was kind of getting up and starting to walk a bit ... because they don't want the blood to clot."

The other good news was that the Poison singer no longer has slurred speech, according to his sister, but that progress has come along with some other issues. "What's happened is all that blood in his brain is starting to drain, and he's starting to have a lot of back pain," she said, noting that her brother is getting antsy about being in the hospital and is eager to leave. "I can hear it in his voice. I know he's in a lot of pain. ... I said, 'Bret, considering what you've been through ... things could be so much worse.' "
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for the link to the update. It says that his doctors still will give a press conference today at 12:00 PCT - that's right about 4 minutes ago.

Still sound serious as they haven't stopped the bleeding and now he's got back pain from the blood - ewwwwww, poor Bret - doesn't sound good to me at all.

Doctor: Bret Leaves Hospital, Will Recover
By Eunice Oh

Tuesday May 04, 2010 03:25 PM EDT
<snipped>
Though his doctor says he's "still very sick right now," Bret Michaels is out of the hospital, in stable condition and on his way to a full recovery.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20366294,00.html

More at link-

Thanks for all the updates...............

Snip
Poison frontman Bret Michaels thought a burglar shot him in the back of the head when he suffered a brain hemorrhage last month that left him in intensive care for nearly two weeks.

The outspoken 47-year-old contestant on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" told People magazine that the subarachnoid hemorrhage "sounded like a handgun, like it literally popped."

"It made my mind go almost blank," he said. "My neck tensed up. I couldn't move my head at all."

Michaels said after he experienced the sensation, he began pacing his living room then asked his girlfriend, Kristi Gibson, to take him to the emergency room.

"I knew I was slurring my words, and I was like 'OK, this isn't a headache. There's something really bad happening,"' he said.
Snip
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-thought-shot-suffered-hemorrhage/?test=faces

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back