Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of
There is a Powerhouse gym fairly close by the area of the attacks, and I believe it is open late at night. I actually found a MySpace account of a guy that sort of fits the description, but he lives in Carson City, has a baby, and is into cage fighting, thus he works out at the gym. I don't want to post the Myspace because he may just be the greatest guy in the world. Here is the address of the gym "2900 Clear Acre Ln, Reno, NV 89512".
Now that is a possibility. They mentioned he wasn't fat, but firm. Those could be workout clothes. Can you pm me the myspace site please? I wouldn't mind looking.

This is their bolded information and does make a good point:

With the above in mind, citizens are asked to contact authorities with any potentially useful information even if it seems unimportant to them or they think that someone else has already filed a similar report or the information does not completely fit with previously reported information or other details contained herein. It is important to note that because the DNA that has been collected is valid and conclusive, any person that is brought to our attention can be easily and unobtrusively eliminated or identified as a suspect.

http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7781239&nav=menu113_2_1

Now that is a possibility. They mentioned he wasn't fat, but firm. Those could be workout clothes. Can you pm me the myspace site please? I wouldn't mind looking.

You two need to slow down here.

We could have alot of "suspects" with that wide of a net.

I don't think the guy was working out and then decided to perp on the way home. I think he put some thought into what he was wearing based on the attack and not what he was doing just prior to the attack.

That type of clothing is non-suspect and is easy to get off and back on.

Very true and I thought about that, too, Dad. If he is responsible for the attempted break-in earlier at the first victim's...he may have been dressed in the same way for easier access in and out of his clothes as before. This would mean he does plan events and is in predator mode. They don't say why the break-in was thwarted earlier...but he maybe wanted to carry out what he set out to do and why he chose another opportunity with Brianna.

I guess a lot of men wear the same type of clothing for casual wear. Most men I know wear actual sweats and not the jersey type gear tho. Not to mention...it was cold during these attacks so I find it a bit odd for that reason alone.

We are looking at every possibility here.

I heard this on Fox, too. I'm a little confused. Do they know the identity of this guy? Did he kill the other woman that he abducted?

Also, the blood on the pillow is Brianna's (if that hasn't been mentioned). They think that the guy smothered Brianna or used the pillow as a weapon to get her under control. :(

I heard what I wrote in my last post again, and the words used seemed as if LE believes it to be fact rather than speculation. They don't know who the slime is yet. But, he attacked and sexually assaulted another young woman a couple of blocks from where Brianna's apartment is, so it was reported. The attack also occurred late at night, and I think it happened in the parking lot of the apartment complex or very near to where the victim lived. Please don't quote me on that part, though.

The woman who was attacked and raped last month (I do not want to call her the first victim, because this man in his thirties likely didn't attack his first victim at this age. He likely started in his late teens to mid twenties according to all research I have read over the years.) was not killed. She gave a fairly good description of the perp, and LE has a DNA profile on him from her attack. That's how they know what he looks like. I believe it is only a matter of time before the scum is caught.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to publicize a police sketch (if the one woman believes she retained an adequate visual of the horrid slime) along with anything out of the ordinary that people who know him would be able to report. For example, if he wore an usual pair of shoes, spoke with a lisp, or there was anything unique about his truck that would set him apart it could be helpful in ID'ng the scum.

Lion

I understand your point. I don't know anything about the local LE so I can't comment on their competency.

Have they linked several of the attacks or just one to Brianna's?

I heard on Fox News that LE confirmed that the woman attacked and raped a couple of blocks from where Brianna was abducted from were linked via a DNA profile. I imagine they are looking for more possible links not only in NV, but around the nation. That is just my speculation, though.

Lion

She did not see his face, so a sketch is not possible.

Suspect vehicle: Extended cab pick-up truck or SUV, dome light above the windshield, tall enough that it requires a step up to gain entry, floor-mounted console that was described as "fairly skinny" that opens in front, blue and red LED read-out on the radio, cloth seats, automatic transmission. There was a baby shoe on the front seat floor board. There were 8 ½" x 11" white pieces of paper with typing on the floor board of the front seat.
Suspect: White male, approximately 28 - 40 years, long face with a square chin, taller than 5'6" but not excessively so, very strong but not with a significantly muscular build, a belly that was described as not excessively large and firm but not flabby, an "innie" belly button, shaved pubic region, a light covering of hair on his arms, no jewelry or a watch, facial hair about a quarter to a half an inch long below his chin and was soft and not prickly as stubble normally is, unknown if he had a mustache, brown head hair of undetermined style, normal speech with no accent or regional dialect, no smoker's breath, no alcohol, no bad breath, no cologne or after-shave.

http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7781239&nav=menu113_2_1

This is actually one of the best descriptions I have seen released by LE. It covers so much more than we normally see which should help tremendously if a spouse, family member, or friend happen to read it.

I was just going by the colors of the jersey is all. I couldn't find those colors in the NFL or College level. Medium blue and red are the colors for the high school located 2.1 miles from where the attacks occurred. I think it is a strange coincidence.

Then again...could be just a stock item from some clothing company. Who knows?!

I'm thinking he might not be tied directly to any school or specific sports team. Lots of my friends play on league basketball and volleyball teams and have team jerseys for those leagues. Some are just t-shirts, some are tanktops, some are actual mesh jerseys. He could even have got a "jersey" from a deparment store just to wear around that was red. A tshirt/jersey and athletic shorts is a pretty common "slacker" attire or for anyone just wanting to be comfortable. Heck, maybe it was even his pj's since this was in the middle of the night. I don't think, given his scruffy facial hair and atlhetic clothing, that he was necessarily a coach or employed by a school.

Hmmm. Most men wouldn't have a baby shoe in their trucks unless they had a close tie to a baby. He could have innocently given a ride to a parent with a baby, and the shoe could have fallen off in the truck. But, I think it may be more likely that he has a baby or he is or has recently dated a woman with a baby.

Lion

She did not see his face, so a sketch is not possible.

She said there was no unusual accent detected in his speech.

Thanks, SS. With the news coming in so fast, and me just coming in on this there is a lot I have missed.

Lion

You two need to slow down here.

We could have alot of "suspects" with that wide of a net.

I don't think the guy was working out and then decided to perp on the way home. I think he put some thought into what he was wearing based on the attack and not what he was doing just prior to the attack.

That type of clothing is non-suspect and is easy to get off and back on.

We don't know what he was doing before or after his attacks, or what his thoughts were for that matter. People do wear certain clothing related to their activities at the time, whether it's working out or planning a rape. The clothing is very much suspect!

I don't think, given his scruffy facial hair and atletic clothing, that he was necessarily a coach or employed by a school.

I think SS was merely pointing it out as a possibility. Not bad thinking IMO.

You know, this break in the case has been making me think about how society has been steering away from educating young women on random assaults and stranger rapes and focusing more on date rapes and having things slipped in your drink. I was in college four years ago in a bad section of Philadelphia, and we were still warned more of getting raped by fellow students than strangers. It's true that in this college-age group, date rape is typically more of a concern than stranger rape, but maybe we also need to get back to passing on some common sense info on the latter (lock your doors, carry pepper spray, don't walk alone at night).

In the same vein, we've been coming down on BD and KT (I'll exclude Jessica, since she did accept a ride home with a stranger, by herself) for not locking their doors, drinking, etc. the night of the abduction. But they could have been very viglilant about protecting themselves from the other kind of rape by watching each others' drinks, sticking together at the SWAT concert, etc. Maybe they felt more in danger at the event b/c of the emphasis we put on things like GHB, and never thought twice about being victimized in a "safe place" - home:waitasec: .

I think SS was merely pointing it out as a possibility. Not bad thinking IMO.

I wasn't attacking or discrediting SS's opinions, just offering up my own, which, last I checked, was ok to do here.

Once again hubby's :twocents: To him big difference between extended cab truck & SUV, told him to keep in mind the woman who gave description was an assault victim. His other thought, who's to say it was perps vehicle, maybe he borrowed or it was stolen. His opinion he wouldn't drive his own vehicle to commit crime. LOL, because of this tread I'm certainly learning about how my husband of 2 years thinks :eek:

I wasn't attacking or discrediting SS's opinions, just offering up my own, which, last I checked, was ok to do here.

I was in no way implying that. I was merely offering a reason why I felt SS's coach/school connection is valid.

ETA: as far as we know.

I had immediately thought that the sexual assault in the area was connected, what an excellent description of perp, on the link above!!

I hope this tracks him!!

Once again hubby's :twocents: To him big difference between extended cab truck & SUV, told him to keep in mind the woman who gave description was an assault victim. His other thought, who's to say it was perps vehicle, maybe he borrowed or it was stolen. His opinion he wouldn't drive his own vehicle to commit crime. LOL, because of this tread I'm certainly learning about how my husband of 2 years thinks :eek:

It seems reasonable to think he would steal a vehicle for the attack. However, the truck has not been recovered. That makes me think that he used his own truck. If that is the case, it could indicate that he is not a "general" criminal but is focused on the sex crimes.

This sure does sound like an employed married man in his early 30's.

Someone is going to connect all of these dots and call the LE soon I hope!

I'm way behind here...but I thought both previous assaults were not actually rape (meaning sexual intercourse)? That's what I had heard reported several times

It seems reasonable to think he would steal a vehicle for the attack. However, the truck has not been recovered. That makes me think that he used his own truck. If that is the case, it could indicate that he is not a "general" criminal but is focused on the sex crimes.

This sure does sound like an employed married man in his early 30's.

Someone is going to connect all of these dots and call the LE soon I hope!

Or someone from the University social circle, perhaps educator or staff.

The 81/2x11 paper sounds to me even student. Probably married with children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82