Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and the LE's hunting is often fueled by tip from people like us. :)

I agree in a small way with both sides here. Tips are going to break this case, however We are not LE, and the tip that is going to break this case will be from someone local who knows the perp in some way.

I don't agree or like the mentality that says if the guy has nothing to hide, who cares... You have to figure that if this myspace guy is a stand up person and has nothing to do with this case and the police show up and scrutinize him and his life, there is going to be consequences. His wife, his neighbors etc....
I am not saying that sending a tip was the wrong thing to do, I just don't like the thought that so many people just accept the "If you aren't doing something wrong, you have nothing to hide"...

However I also think that putting your personal details on the internet for the world to see opens you up to that sort of thing...

My armchair thoughts on the perp is that it is a local who might not live in the immediate area, but is comfortable enough to blend without drawing a lot of suspicion. I have a feeling that he is not a student. Possibly dropped out because of life changes (money, family responsibilities) I think that is the trigger as well. I think that he feels trapped by his situation and is acting out his frustration on victims of opportunity. I don't really feel that there is a set "type" he is looking for other than vulnerable.
I do think that it will be a shock to those who know him, but probably everyone who really does know him will see in hindsight that he is frustrated or angry and I think that he is someone who knows people in the area, probably attends a lot of the same functions, but is not a student.

One other thing that I guess I missed but feel strongly about, someone said that the police at first discounted the idea that the attacks were related, I don't think that is the case at all. I think that the police are extremely careful about what they say to the media and they will almost always say that they don't have anything solid that links this case to that case. Also just because they wont say that cases are related does not mean for a second that they are sitting on it and not investigating it as such. It just means that they are not going to jeopardize their case by stating something that can't be completely backed up.

Anyhoo. I am not an expert and not in LE so my thoughts are just thoughts. I may be 100% wrong about all of it but I just wanted to chime in....

guestwriter:

From day one I have attended to the notion of an 'untimely accomplice' after the fact. I really 'feel' the pet theory. FWIW—trophy girl, alive, with an ex-girlfriend or partner in crime of the past; like a bartender friend, or any of these serious beer drinking types. Unless he killed her by accident. Seriously gang, predicated upon stopping blood flow to the brain is a very dangerous way of rendering someone unconscious.

Leviosa

From S.S., post, page 14:
<snip> This wouldn't point to his intelligence as it would draw attention to someone trying to break in. I wonder what stopped him since it was only an attempted burglary?<snip>

Here we have a person who assaulted a person, police report filed, threats made, "…I'll be back…if you tell anyone I'll kill you…" And LE doesn't run this down? Reno LE, seems a bit reckless if not borderline incompetent.

WS's we are talking about concurrent incidents Dec. 16 back again Jan. 19 then the unthinkable…Jan.20; this perp has intimate knowledge of the area. Moreover, it seems as though he may have contact with someone who either lives there or runs in-and-out-of there.

Leviosa

I agree. If he controlled his spouse/gf (IF he even has one) then what would be his need for rape? He has all the control/power he needs at home, right?
While many rapists are abusers and control freaks in every relationship, I don't think it applies in this case. Maybe it is the baby shoe. Maybe it is because he returned the second vic. He doesn't seem like the abusive/control freak I would think of in considering him having an accomplice in keeping her alive. He didn't beat up the victims that we know of. The rage and violence don't seem to be there.

WS's we are talking about concurrent incidents Dec. 16 back again Jan. 19 then the unthinkable…Jan.20; this perp has intimate knowledge of the area. Moreover, it seems as though he may have contact with someone who either lives there or runs in-and-out-of there.

Lastly….dimples; you are to be commended! It took serious guts on your part; however, and I hope that this eases things for you: If you would have posted that MySpace link, I would NOT have hesitated to call this one in. Otherwise it would have been seriously negligent not to have reported it.

For my own piece of mind: MySpace is a public and open 'fun' website for everyone. Anything and everything that gets posted on a person's site has no claim to privacy insofar as they willingly posted it.

Just one last issue: Yeah, yeah, Mark F. is good looking; yet all things being equal, he's sleeazzzzzy!

Lev

I don't think we can discount the attack which happened Nov. 13th even if LE hasn't connected it yet. (Why are we not getting a very detailed description from her?)

This was on a Tuesday. With Veteran's Day-11th, Veteran's Day Observation-12th...could he have been triggered by that?

I don't think we can discount the attack which happened Nov. 13th even if LE hasn't connected it yet. (They have mentioned it.) This was on a Tuesday. With Veteran's Day-11th, Veteran's Day Observation-12th...could he have been triggered by that?

Hmmmmmmmmm......thats an interesting thought. A young returning Middle east vet?

Or could he have someone close to him killed in the military and it dredged up the loss?

While many rapists are abusers and control freaks in every relationship, I don't think it applies in this case. Maybe it is the baby shoe. Maybe it is because he returned the second vic. He doesn't seem like the abusive/control freak I would think of in considering him having an accomplice in keeping her alive. He didn't beat up the victims that we know of. The rage and violence don't seem to be there.

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

a rapist doesn't seem like he's abusive? He didn't beat the victims up, so he's not violent?

When I try to get a clear picture in my head of this perp, I keep seeing the serial killer from the movie "Copycat" with Sigourney Weaver. I don't think it's looks so much as the fact that the killer in the movie was someone who people would never suspect. I think this is the visual I keep getting because the killer in the movie had a wife at home, she was very lazy and overbearing, he had to do everything for her and treat her like a princess, the movie leads you to believe that his frustrations with his wife are his trigger.

I think our perp could also be in a situation like that. Maybe he feels that he is the one keeping everything together, the relationship, the home, the kid(s), etc. And he rationalizes "treating" himself to a "reward".

I have also speculated that the perp is possibly involved in LE. The only reason I did this is because it seems as though the perp KNEW that the Dec. victim went to the police, and he tried to make good on his promise to her. I really can't see how he KNEW that, unless he had sources in LE.
But this thought led me to another thought. What if his wife or g/f is local LE, working nightshift patrol, etc. She could easily have been called to the scene when the victims reported the assaults. She could easily unwittingly give info to the perp. He would definitely feel more secure knowing he has "the inside scoop" and he would be free to take to the streets while wifey was working late at night. Just some thoughts, no facts involved.

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

a rapist doesn't seem like he's abusive? He didn't beat the victims up, so he's not violent?
I guess I should have used the terminology of Sadistic and Masochistic. Sorry. Didn't mean to confuse you. I don't think this guy is into beating up women to add to his kicks. Of course, rape is abuse and is a violent act.

His wife/gf probably will be shocked it is him because he has never been abusive towards her or the children in any manner. This is what I was getting at.

Stillhoping, the Dec. incident was made public through their Secret Witness program and other media reports. He would not have to be in LE to know this.

Stillhoping, the Dec. incident was made public through their Secret Witness program and other media reports. He would not have to be in LE to know this.

OK, I thought alot of it didn't come out publicly until after Brianna was abducted. Thanks for the info. :)

IMO, finding a rapist by profiling is almost impossible. They come in every size, shape, race, income, status, occupation, marital status, etc.

In this case, we do know alot about him but yet nothing all that specific, for example, if the victim had seen a tat or a scar..something to single him out. I think the truck and the baby shoe are the most helpful facts we know right now.

IMO, I don't think he intended to kill Brianna...I think he went in with the intention to rape, but possibly with her being intoxicated, her respiratory system would have been slowed down quite alot, and if he tried to cover her mouth or knock her out as he did the other girl, she may have died right there...something he hadn't planned on at all.

In the AMW link, it says that there was DNA found on Brianna's pillow. Could she have bit the guy, leaving his blood on the pillow? I think that he killed her. She may have bit him and fought him, making him angry enough to kill her.
I dunno how accurate they are...I just noticed they have the victim's address in the 1400 block of Terrace Drive instead of what was reported on the police blogs etc. of it being the 1400 block of Virginia Street.

I don't think they are talking about blood from him either. Tori2's post reported that the police chief on an interview mentioned the oils from fingers being a way to leave such DNA.

However, they do give a rough timeframe as being 3-4 minutes away from where he abducted her. This is important.

Perhaps MySpace guy has absolutely NOTHING to do with this and you have LE going to his house, disrupting his family and his life, for your little witch hunts! Perhaps the real perp is smart enough NOT to have a MySpace page. Perhaps he has a Facebook page. Perhaps he doesn't advertise his life on the Internet at all.

I sure as hell would hate to look like anyone that's wanted for a crime... especially around you guys! :rolleyes:
Lots of perps have Myspace accounts. We have seen it time and time again. This guy is young. So, he might have one. Then, again, he may not. I know that I would be upset if someone had anonymously given my name as a potential suspect.

However, I feel certain that the police will handle it correctly. They will placate the guy and remind him that there is a wide sweep to eliminate everyone. If he is innocent, he has nothing to fear and should feel grateful that the police are not brushing this under the rug. After all, his family could be at risk. He has a young wife and three small children.

"
Originally Posted by nanandjim
In the AMW link, it says that there was DNA found on Brianna's pillow. Could she have bit the guy, leaving his blood on the pillow? I think that he killed her. She may have bit him and fought him, making him angry enough to kill her."

I have such a hard time with that...even thought it is quite possible. Her wall was LITERALLY shared with K.T's wall and dog. Something should have been heard. I'm sure he used the stuffed animal to cover her face, but those are not airtight enough to make her pass out.

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but forgive me if it has already been posted. This information came from www.briannadenison.com. The last I heard, they were unsure if Bri had on Blue or Pink sweatpants, and I had not heard this much better description of her top. Hopefully locals will keep their eyes out for discarded clothing that matches etc.

Her clothing at the time of her disappearance was described as a white tank top with pink angel wings with rhinestones on the back and word “Bindi” on the back. She was wearing pink sweats that had two distinctive brown stains on one leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill