Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You were probably watching a rerun of a broadcast or they messed up somehow...I saw the the same thing yesterday. They did say the guy in the beige truck was cleared as far as I know.

The guy in the Suburban (or whatever) who gave Jessica a ride home that night was cleared. I think some media is confusing it with the suspect description and the perp's extended cab truck/SUV.

America's Most Wanted just ran the story of Brianna. They really emphasized the baby shoe the other girl saw on the floor. Please, please let them find this dear girl safe. They also emphasized the guy shaves his groin area. The other victim also said she had to step DOWN to get out of the vehicle. Meaning it's a truck I guess or SUV.

Would like to see the composite of this suspect and compare to the one they feel is Brianna's perp? It says here female VICTIMS (plural). What if this is the same guy and he has been doing this for 4 years...

Sexual Assualt/Burglary W. 11th St.
Case# 04-25801/25985
Secret Witness is offering a reward in the amount of $2,000.00 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect wanted in connection with the sexual assault and burglary of female victims in the 200 and 600 blocks of West 11th St. Reno, NV. On July 5, 2004 at approximately 11:00 p.m. the female victim reported that she was sleeping in her residence in the 600 block of 11th St. when she was awakened by the suspect touching her leg. The victim screamed and the suspect fled on foot. Also on July 5, 2004 at approximately 4:00 a.m. a female victim was sleeping in her residence in the 200 block of 11th St. when she was awakened by a suspect touching her leg. The suspect restrained the victim and sexually assaulted her before leaving the apartment on foot. Both incidents are believed to have been committed by the same suspect. The suspect is described as a white male adult with an olive complexion or a Hispanic male adult, 16 to 25 years old, approximately 5’10” to 6’1” tall, medium build, short black wavy hair, brown eyes, and possible pierced ears. A composite sketch is available at the Reno Police Department. The Reno Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect. Anyone having information relating to this crime or the suspect should contact the Reno Police Department at 325-8040 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.

I just found out tonight that my cousin is one of the detectives working on thi case. I was wondering if he might be involved.

I haven't been following this case closely but I just watched the AMW coverage. My mom told me that my cousin has been volunteering a lot of extra hours to help with this case. I am sure that the Reno community is alarmed by the fact that this guy has struck a few times in a sort span of time and within a limited area. People living in that neighborhood must be especially nervous since this guy probably lives or at least socializes amongst them. Very scary.

Yea, Cryptos, and tell them to look at our Myspace site!!! I bet they already have - that is why the cousin is putting in overtime. I really do hate the thought of tying up LE's time with stuff we find, but then again - look how long it takes us!!!! It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. The benefit of groups like us, is that we can take a limited amount of information, and we USE it. LE could not possibly dig up the stuff we find. They can dog it down, but digging it up is an avenue that we can truly excel at!!!

Speaking of MySpace...not only does the individual fit this particular physical description, moreover, the facts of a newborn, and at least three trucks as I can see are just a little to much for this person NOT to have been checked-out. So maybe LE is 'laying in the weeds'?

One quick theory if you will indulge me: Suppose the perp works out of town say Las Vegas for example and sporadically takes one to three day jobs as a construction worker or even sub-contractor. This would allow him to literally be 'out of town' when crimes were committed; moreover, it would be a great place to either stash or have an accomplice taking care of the 'pet.'

However, before you jump on my theory, consider if you will: Has anyone taken the time to check out this individual's friends list? Comments. Seriously, there must be four or five people on that site alone that make my hair stand on end.

Lastly, what has drawn my attention to this individual is in every picture something is missing: wristwatch. According to the previous victim the perp wore no jewelry. A couple of pics there is a ring; however, not in very many. Just one more thing: I did not mention that in my construction theory it would not be difficult to have arranged for a truck to have been driven and left in Vegas when working with some buddies.

Oops sorry! Remember the UNR student who was successful at warding her attacker off? If, in fact, there is reason to believe that this could be the same perp, she by far would have gotten the best look at this person. And sorry again, but a few of the people at that site have set their profiles to private--which to me is a big red flag.

Go Pat's!

Leviosa

AMW is ticking me off!! Someone needs to email them our thread and our findings on the fact that it is NOT rare for someone to shave. GRRRR! I realize I am bringing this up again...so please let's not go off on any more tangents of whys, hows, and all that! I just watched the guy go on and on and on about this while being on Fox with Kimberly Guilfoyle.

The point is that LE needs to realize they should not keep touting this as some huge factor in finding this man when we know it really isn't. The people reporting it obviously don't have a connection with the younger public and simply do not know this is an acceptable practice in this day and age. I do think someone needs to tell them!

Maybe the fad of shaving down below depends on where you live. I have grandchildren of all different ages and I've never heard of teens or men shaving unless they get snipped...my ex when we decided we didn't need any more kids. I don't know of anyone in my son's generation shaving either. I know my son and grandsons would look at me like I had "lost it" if I even asked them about it. Maybe I'll ask just to get a rise out of them...lol.

I think that the shaving is something important for LE to know. Didn't he shave his arms and legs too? Can't remember but it seems there is more then just down below. The guy would have to keep it up everyday or the itching would drive him crazy. According to my ex...it is not easy for a man to shave down there. Doesn't just take a few minutes. It is quite the ordeal.

I would like to know if they are any closer to finding Brianna. Where are they with the searches? Did they search the quarry? I think they need to follow the lead of that town in the NE and ask students/coaches/professors from the college fitting the description to voluntarily take DNA tests.

,,,The guy would have to keep it up everyday or the itching would drive him crazy. According to my ex...it is not easy for a man to shave down there. Doesn't just take a few minutes. It is quite the ordeal.
I totally agree with your post. I wonder if this guy shaved to avoid leaving evidence anywhere or if he did it for other reasons, as suggested on this thread. :eek:

I am encouraged to know that they appear to be trying really hard with their search efforts. They surely, must have searched that quary.

"Volunteers combed neighborhoods and wildlands around Reno in an effort to find any sign of Brianna Denison, who police think was abducted Jan. 20 by a serial rapist linked by DNA to a string of attacks near the University of Nevada, Reno campus. Gibbons spent much of the day with a 14-member team conducting a grid search on the sage-covered lower slopes of Peavine Mountain above northwest Reno. Standing 20 feet apart, team members looked for clothing and other evidence."

"Bob Walcutt, executive director of the Laura Recovery Center based in Friendswood, Texas, said more than 250 volunteers took part Saturday in a police-coordinated search that has gradually fanned out from the university area.
"Police have opened some areas that they would like us to look at and that's where we're turning our attention," said Walcutt, a search coordinator. "We're looking at any place that primarily a person could get in with a vehicle and dump someone."

"The volunteer search for Denison will continue daily at least through next week, but will eventually be scaled back, Dennis said."

http://www.mercurynews.com/nationworld/ci_8155926

"Just push those clothes out of the way," Gent said as another volunteer climbed in to the back seat of his truck, filled with sweatshirts. "I have a bunch of extra warm clothes just in case we find Brianna today and she's cold." - quote from Mike Gent, a retired Reno police officer who has been leading one of the teams searching for Brianna. He made that statement to someone who was climbing in the back of his truck to help search.

Nice article from Siobhan McAndrew with the Reno Gazette Journal. She has an email, should I ask her to take a look at our MySpace site???

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008802030302

Awwww Now that is some positive thinking. It was a very sweet gesture.

Coming from a former policeman, it seems strange because he above all should realize the odds of that happening.

My opinion is to leave it in LE's hands, Reannan. This way we aren't compromising this person.

Thanks for the updates on the searches!! :)

Would like to see the composite of this suspect and compare to the one they feel is Brianna's perp? It says here female VICTIMS (plural). What if this is the same guy and he has been doing this for 4 years...

Sexual Assualt/Burglary W. 11th St.
Case# 04-25801/25985
Secret Witness is offering a reward in the amount of $2,000.00 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect wanted in connection with the sexual assault and burglary of female victims in the 200 and 600 blocks of West 11th St. Reno, NV. On July 5, 2004 at approximately 11:00 p.m. the female victim reported that she was sleeping in her residence in the 600 block of 11th St. when she was awakened by the suspect touching her leg. The victim screamed and the suspect fled on foot. Also on July 5, 2004 at approximately 4:00 a.m. a female victim was sleeping in her residence in the 200 block of 11th St. when she was awakened by a suspect touching her leg. The suspect restrained the victim and sexually assaulted her before leaving the apartment on foot. Both incidents are believed to have been committed by the same suspect. The suspect is described as a white male adult with an olive complexion or a Hispanic male adult, 16 to 25 years old, approximately 5’10” to 6’1” tall, medium build, short black wavy hair, brown eyes, and possible pierced ears. A composite sketch is available at the Reno Police Department. The Reno Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect. Anyone having information relating to this crime or the suspect should contact the Reno Police Department at 325-8040 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.

This is interesting. Does anyone know how to get a picture of this suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva