Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you too, Levi! I'm always reading just post when I really think of something good! :)
It is just so weird - unfortunately, I had a feeling they would find a body @ some point. The whole thing is just so strange!
I know if I was getting attacked/abducted/raped etc. and the person had a weapon or seemed like he wanted more, sexually etc I think I would try and give him what he wanted to hopefully come out alive. However weird that may seem......I'm thinking Brianna, more than likely intoxicated from the party, got woken up while being taken, @ first she maybe didn't even know what was going on or if it was her friends messing around, and then when realizing it or getting put into the vehicle got unruly.....I know after I've partied I'm a little groggy when waking up.......I wonder if she knew of the recent attacks near that area before going for the visit?? Or if her roommates were scared or informed of the incidents why, why would they be leaving the door unlocked??????

I know LE is saying "strangulation" not suffocation, but could Brianna's level of intoxication (I'm not saying she was drunk, just acknowledging the notion that she may have been drinking) have played a role in her death? I know nothing about this area, but I'm just thinking that the body is sort of in a state of duress when one's been drinking - I can't imagine it helps when one is trying to stay cognizant, fight an attacker or stay conscious/alive. I'm just thinking maybe it took much less force to knock her out/kill her because she was impaired. Any wanna-be toxicologists out there?

Didn't she die of strangulation? If so, the perp intended to murder her.

I think he intended to use force. Murder, on the other hand, may have been by accident from intense rage, or, less likely IMO, purposely to conseal identity or for thrill.

I would also refer some of you to research the murders and violent attacks of Derrick Todd Lee, the "Baton Rouge serial killer."

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/baton_rouge/5.html

IMO, a lot of similarities, and insight stands to be gained regarding LE, DNA, panic in a college town, etc., etc.

Also JMO, LE should not only look at registered sex offenders, but persons convicted of stalking, peeping tom, etc.

I imagine they are running down every convicted sex offender they can, including peeping toms and exhibitionsists. I think that his days as as a free rapist murderer are numbered, and that LE will catch this scum.

None of us know factually whether or not the murderer killed Brianna accidentally or because she resisted to the point where he killed her to quiet her or out of anger. But, often once a serial rapist kills his first victim he is likely to do it again. He may kill because he develops a new-found way to get off by strangling to the point of killing. Or he may decide to kill in order to leave no witnesses.

The crimes do seem to have escalated in violence quickly. Often what used to get a killer off is no longer satiating enough so they become more violent and try new, more vicious acts on their victims to satisfy their twisted needs. For what ever reason this scum killed Brianna, I think that he may well kill again.

Lion

Not so fast my friend. He could have accidently strangled her while kidnapping her (Trying to render her unconscious), or in a sick sex game. Knowing his past episode of dropping off his victim makes me think that the killing COULD have been accidental.

I imagine they are running down every convicted sex offender they can, including peeping toms and exhibitionsists. I think that his days as as a free rapist murderer are numbered, and that LE will catch this scum.

None of us know factually whether or not the murderer killed Brianna accidentally or because she resisted to the point where he killed her to quiet her or out of anger. But, often once a serial rapist kills his first victim he is likely to do it again. He may kill because he develops a new-found way to get off by strangling to the point of killing. Or he may decide to kill in order to leave no witnesses.

The crimes do seem to have escalated in violence quickly. Often what used to get a killer off is no longer satiating enough so they become more violent and try new, more vicious acts on their victims to satisfy their twisted needs. For what ever reason this scum killed Brianna, I think that he may well kill again.

Lion

Very well said.

Good point Jenny, While everyone here is trying to classify this killer, no one really knows what his true desires and intentions will escalate into. An earlier post stated they thought he was an "angry" rapist yet he dropped off a victim back at home, that doesn't seem angry to me at all. It actually shows he has some compassion for his victims. He probably killed Brianna because she was not as cooperative as his other victims.
He abducts her, rapes her and then takes her back home. Gee, what a compassionate guy.

I should re-word my post, I think he was only going to rape her, and
ended up strangling because she put up a fight. IMO
Better?

Not so fast my friend. He could have accidently strangled her while kidnapping her (Trying to render her unconscious), or in a sick sex game. Knowing his past episode of dropping off his victim makes me think that the killing COULD have been accidental.

Thank you Rick, you stated it better. :)

You could be correct, but it doesn't make Brianna's murder any less tragic. It doesn't make him any less dangerous, either. Just because he took his last victim back home doesn't make him a nice guy. He is a rapist and a murderer.

It takes several minutes and a lot of force to strangle someone to death. He knew what he was doing, IMO. Perhaps, she fought and hurt him, making him mad enough to kill her. Nonetheless, he intentionally murdered her, IMO.

Criminals often escalate to become progressively more violent. I have read about Peeping Toms escalating to rape and murder. Perhaps, this guy was just working his way up.

I would also refer some of you to research the murders and violent attacks of Derrick Todd Lee, the "Baton Rouge serial killer."

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/baton_rouge/5.html

IMO, a lot of similarities, and insight stands to be gained regarding LE, DNA, panic in a college town, etc., etc.

Also JMO, LE should not only look at registered sex offenders, but persons convicted of stalking, peeping tom, etc.
I agree with you. I was on Secret Witness going through the categories other than rape. I found one under Assault/Battery Cases that I posted below. Sounds similar to the current perp's original technique, in addition to the fact that this suspect fled after the victims screamed and the perp fled in the November attack, I believe.

Assault on Two Women in Incline Village
Case#
WCSO07
Secret Witness is offering a reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the suspect wanted in connection with the assault on two women in the area of County Club Dr. Incline Village, NV. On December 6, 2006 and March 6, 2007 during the early morning hours the suspect grabbed the female victims in a sexual manner. When the victims screamed the suspect fled. Neither victim was physically harmed nor was there an attempt on the part of the suspect to remove clothing from the victims. There may be other unreported instances of similar assaults and deputies are asking the victims to come forward with information in order to get a clear description of the suspect. Washoe County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect. Anyone having information relating to this crime or the suspect should contact the Washoe County Sheriff’s Department at 832-4120, Secret Witness at 322-4900, or www.secretwitness.com.

It takes several minutes and a lot of force to strangle someone to death. He knew what he was doing, IMO. Perhaps, she fought and hurt him, making him mad enough to kill her. Nonetheless, he intentionally murdered her, IMO.

Criminals often escalate to become progressively more violent. I have read about Peeping Toms escalating to rape and murder. Perhaps, this guy was just working his way up.
This is true. Also, don't forget the blood on her pillow. I doubt that was an accident.

About the baby shoe - I have seen lots of people with a pair of little baby shoes hanging off their rearview window. And my daughter hangs a pair on hers that belonged to her son - who is now 6 years old.

Maybe it's a thing like the fuzzy dice...?

This is true. Also, don't forget the blood on her pillow. I doubt that was an accident.
I tend to think that he couldn't get Brianna under control. Because she was so little, he easily overpowered her. I know that they said that this was a sexually motivated crime, but I haven't read if the ME said that she was raped. Does anyone know?

I know LE is saying "strangulation" not suffocation, but could Brianna's level of intoxication (I'm not saying she was drunk, just acknowledging the notion that she may have been drinking) have played a role in her death? I know nothing about this area, but I'm just thinking that the body is sort of in a state of duress when one's been drinking - I can't imagine it helps when one is trying to stay cognizant, fight an attacker or stay conscious/alive. I'm just thinking maybe it took much less force to knock her out/kill her because she was impaired. Any wanna-be toxicologists out there?
>
Absolutely! Any alcohol/narcotic an board will supress ones respiratory drive. I think I read she weighed about 50kilos or so....it would'nt take much, that's for sure. She may have aspirated her own vomit, although the report does say "strangulation". The point being, it may have taken only minimal effort to cause mortality. Also, positional asphyxiation is a possibility here, given the circumstance. But the definitive tone of the word "strangulation" leads me to believe otherwise. From the outside looking in, it seems like and accidental strangulation. I'm no toxicologist, but I've intubated countless overdose patients.

I tend to think that he couldn't get Brianna under control. Because she was so little, he easily overpowered her. I know that they said that this was a sexually motivated crime, but I haven't read if the ME said that she was raped. Does anyone know?

From an acrticle at the Reno Gazette-Journal: http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080219/NEWS01/802190344/1002

"Police are not disclosing information about the condition of her body or any evidence found on or near her body. They did say her abduction was sexually motivated and that they collected items of evidence found near her body that they are testing for clues."

About the baby shoe - I have seen lots of people with a pair of little baby shoes hanging off their rearview window. And my daughter hangs a pair on hers that belonged to her son - who is now 6 years old.

Maybe it's a thing like the fuzzy dice...?

I understand what you are saying, but it was a single shoe on the floorboard. I think there is a remote possibility that the shoe was originally one of a pair of shoes that hung from a rear view mirror. But, I think it is more likely that the shoe was simply left on the floor.

Lion

Hi nanandjim:). I recall hearing on Fox News that the ME and LE are not releasing whether or not Brianna was raped or otherwise sexually assaulted.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member