DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
08-21-07 14:28 hrs UN07-0698 Sparks, NV
Agency Assist
Reported by Officer

University Police Services was contacted by Sparks PD regarding a report of a missing person who is a university employee. Police Services is working with Sparks PD on this investigation.

03-11-07 04:00 hrs UN07-0259 Nye Hall
Sexual Assault
Reported by Officer Richard Hicks

A university student reported being sexually assaulted at Nye Hall. The case is under investigation.

07-24-07 08:02 hrs UN07-0645 Getchell Library
Incident
Reported by Officer Andrew Casacca

A university employee reported a suspicious person in the library. Some written notes were found in the area after the subject left the building.

lol..thanks

i did a search with just the words "Pink Panther clothing"....i had no idea there was so much PP stuff out there!

I think the Pink Panther got a resurgence in popularity in recent years with the release of the newer Pink Panther movie with Steve Martin. I've never seen the movie, but see if for sale at Walmart and other places greatly discounted.

06-07-08 20:39 hrs UN07-0523 Virginia & 10th
Robbery
Reported by Officer Tom Emmons

A university student reported an unknown male approached her from behind while walking near 10th & Virginia St. The male violently grabbed her purse, and then fled the scene.

06-28- 7 07:26 hrs UN07-0586 Main Campus
Runaway Juvenile
Reported by Sgt. Kevin Stein

A citizen reported her daughter missing from a summer course at the university. The juvenile was entered into the national missing person database.

Carson City Missing Persons / Rapes / Attempted Rapes

Where is a source for that information?

Carson City Missing Persons / Rapes / Attempted Rapes

Where is a source for that information?
10EC_Dad, I looked that up earlier today and couldn't find anything, other than Secret Witness, which says it serves Reno, Sparks and Carson City...

Convicted sex offenders can live on college campuses in Nevada?? Scary!!

I agree isn/t that like opening the candy store for them? My goodness, that's scary when you think about it. Young men and women could be taking classes along side a 20 something sex offender, which is when most of these guys get their start. How rediculous..shouldn't they just say no to housing sex offenders on college grounds? I never even considered the thought that known sex offenders could be living on campus at any college.

The only restaurant I know of is at the end of this building (the Hong Kong Diner - you can see part of the sign but you can't read it) and is the closest business to where she was found:

Picture 5

I've never eaten there, but according to the hours posted on the door it's open every day for lunch.

I'm afraid I don't work in the area, so where people tend to walk is something I can't answer.

Thanks ................I was thinking perhaps the employees were in the habit of cutting through this field on a regular basis to go to lunch at a nearby restaurant. Snow on the ground from Jan. 20th onward would have prevented the employees from taking the path, and they would have walked around the field instead. Then.....when the weather warmed and the snow melted, they were able to use the path again, and that's when Brianna's body was found.

The reason I thought this might be important is the possibility that the suspect may know the habits of the employees, and left Brianna's body in a location where once the snow melted, it would be found.

Thanks ................I was thinking perhaps the employees were in the habit of cutting through this field on a regular basis to go to lunch at a nearby restaurant. Snow on the ground from Jan. 20th onward would have prevented the employees from taking the path, and they would have walked around the field instead. Then.....when the weather warmed and the snow melted, they were able to use the path again, and that's when Brianna's body was found.

The reason I thought this might be important is the possibility that the suspect may know the habits of the employees, and left Brianna's body in a location where once the snow melted, it would be found.

Leila, I agree, I am pretty confident that he knew the body would be found there. I think everything about that crime scene is very important, how she was postioned, what she did or did not have on, the other woman's panties found with Bri, also where she was found. Seems to me she would had to be placed there in the early morning hours, the same time as the crimes take place. Otherwise people would have noticed him doing this, esspecially if he had to carry her even 10 feet..during the day someone would have seen him. So is this possibly someonE who works second shift. Gets off work, then goes out clubbing and to bars, then starts his stalking..until the early hours of the morning?

Leila, I agree, I am pretty confident that he knew the body would be found there. I think everything about that crime scene is very important, how she was postioned, what she did or did not have on, the other woman's panties found with Bri, also where she was found. Seems to me she would had to be placed there in the early morning hours, the same time as the crimes take place. Otherwise people would have noticed him doing this, esspecially if he had to carry her even 10 feet..during the day someone would have seen him. So is this possibly someonE who works second shift. Gets off work, then goes out clubbing and to bars, then starts his stalking..until the early hours of the morning?

I tend to agree that it is someone working 2nd shift and "hunting" during the morning.

Wow, I picked the wrong day to be gone. I cannot believe this punk is toying with LE. Is it possible his partner/gf/wife was involved.?? I know its sick but, could he have brought poor Brianna home to share???

:eek:

I'm curious - why do you think it looks like an "accidental" strangulation?
>
The previous victim being "rendered unconscience". Perhaps he tried the same on Brianna. She, being previously compromised by alcohol ect., succumed far easier than he expected. Pure speculation.

I think the Pink Panther got a resurgence in popularity in recent years with the release of the newer Pink Panther movie with Steve Martin. I've never seen the movie, but see if for sale at Walmart and other places greatly discounted.

Pink Panther with Steve Martin was in 2006.

Something that has bothered me since I read it yesterday is the following brief excerpt from the RGJ:

“This case is shocking to us, but to 99.9 percent of the people who live in this community, they have no comprehension and cannot even fathom that someone had done what this guy did,” McDonald said. “He’s a deviant not working on the same moral plane as the rest of us. Something is wrong with this person.”

That quote is from one of the detectives working on the case. What I read into that quote is that there's something more about this case - something different than a rape/murder. Police have been quiet about evidence found at the scene and the condition of Brianna's body. Only today did they release the information and picture of the underwear found at the scene.

There's something about this suspect that's particularly heinous.

Link to article where that quote is from:
http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080218/NEWS01/80218030/0/NEWS18&theme=DENISON

Wow, I picked the wrong day to be gone. I cannot believe this punk is toying with LE. Is it possible his partner/gf/wife was involved.?? I know its sick but, could he have brought poor Brianna home to share???

:eek:

While it is a possibility that he has a female partner involved, it seems highly unlikely. First, he acted alone in the previous known crimes. Second, these pervs usually are loners in their sickness.

Unfortunately, this could mean there is another victim.

It could also be a wife/gf. If so, I don't understand why he would leave them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420