Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10EC Dad:

If this were to happen in any other town I'd probably agree. However, we're talking Reno here; I love the place, darned near moved there in fact. Yet killing a prostitute there, is cutting in on someone else's turf which probably carries a death sentence without judge jury and the perp would never be found. (If you follow me) :crazy:

Hi Leviosa :)
I had not thought about the territorial aspect of prostitution, especially in Nevada. And I agree, that killing a prostitute, could draw some bad attention to the perp, although not from LE. But many prostitutes get raped and/or beat and it is rarely reported to LE, and may not even be reported to their "pimp" or fellow prostitutes. ITA with 10ECDad, I think that the perp turning to prostitutes for awhile while Bri's case is hot is a huge possibility, and it's also likely that he has used prostitutes in the past. Another thought along these lines, is that he may switch up his preferred victim profile, and go for someone older, or blonde, etc.

I have no idea why I have been so drawn to following this case; it is a first for me and besides a niece with the same name no reason for it. Some things have occurred to me.

First the bear, this was big area of concern for many- why he took the bear. Then I saw my neighbor Sunday night and realized something. With Brianna being so small if anyone happened to see him walking out carrying her and the bear you would think it was someone carrying their sleeping child to the car.

Many serial rapist never escalate to murder, the rapist relishes in the control they have. We have to consider that Brianna may have fought back and in his effort to subdue her he inadvertently killed her. If this is what happened it is huge – it would be seen as a loss of control and a failure to the rapist. Which could explain the location of the body. It would have been very simple for someone familiar with the area to dump a body where it would probably never be found or at least not for years. By selecting a location in a populated area but not too out in the open he may have felt he was regaining the control, with the assistance of the weather by determining when the body would be found.

I wouldn’t look for prostitutes that have been raped but possibly ones that have been paid to play out a “rape scenario.” This may have been how he exercised his control previously but when that didn’t satisfy him anymore has moved on. There has been some suggestion of him stalking his victims, which didn’t seem possible with Brianna since she was just in town for the weekend. But I read she went to High School there – this person could have been familiar with her from then (not so long ago) and have fantasized about this for awhile.

This is just my opinion but I don’t feel that this man is experienced in his crime but he is smart. My reason for the lack of experience is the reckless behavior that has led to the incriminating DNA evidence.

I had not thought about the territorial aspect of prostitution, especially in Nevada. And I agree, that killing a prostitute, could draw some bad attention to the perp, although not from LE. But many prostitutes get raped and/or beat and it is rarely reported to LE, and may not even be reported to their "pimp" or fellow prostitutes. ITA with 10ECDad, I think that the perp turning to prostitutes for awhile while Bri's case is hot is a huge possibility, and it's also likely that he has used prostitutes in the past. Another thought along these lines, is that he may switch up his preferred victim profile, and go for someone older, or blonde, etc.

I respectfully disagree with the prostitute angle. He loves that this case is hot and he will strike again. The last two times he was in the residence of the vic, he took Bri from the house and in the few days before Bri, he had burglared the residence of the Dec vic. He will not be afraid to strike again..esspecially in the early morning hours and he will not be afraid to enter the home or residence of the vic, even with others present. But he will strike again, he will not change his MO to prostitutes.

Again just my opinion and I do respect all the opinions I have read here.

I agree that it is possible that he could change the preferred type of victim.

I have no idea why I have been so drawn to following this case; it is a first for me and besides a niece with the same name no reason for it. Some things have occurred to me.

First the bear, this was big area of concern for many- why he took the bear. Then I saw my neighbor Sunday night and realized something. With Brianna being so small if anyone happened to see him walking out carrying her and the bear you would think it was someone carrying their sleeping child to the car.

Many serial rapist never escalate to murder, the rapist relishes in the control they have. We have to consider that Brianna may have fought back and in his effort to subdue her he inadvertently killed her. If this is what happened it is huge – it would be seen as a loss of control and a failure to the rapist. Which could explain the location of the body. It would have been very simple for someone familiar with the area to dump a body where it would probably never be found or at least not for years. By selecting a location in a populated area but not too out in the open he may have felt he was regaining the control, with the assistance of the weather by determining when the body would be found.

I wouldn’t look for prostitutes that have been raped but possibly ones that have been paid to play out a “rape scenario.” This may have been how he exercised his control previously but when that didn’t satisfy him anymore has moved on. There has been some suggestion of him stalking his victims, which didn’t seem possible with Brianna since she was just in town for the weekend. But I read she went to High School there – this person could have been familiar with her from then (not so long ago) and have fantasized about this for awhile.

This is just my opinion but I don’t feel that this man is experienced in his crime but he is smart. My reason for the lack of experience is the reckless behavior that has led to the incriminating DNA evidence.

Lew,

Good point about many rapists not escalating to muder. In determining wht he murdered Brianna, it would be important to me to know why he went back to the apartment of the previous victim. Was the murder part of the escalation or was it isolated to Brianna fighting back?

I think he dumping her body there is due to being out of control and not about regaining control. I agree that he is inexperienced.

I think Brianna was a convenient victim and was not stalked. The execption being that he met her that night. I am beginning to wonder if he was revisiting the previous victim's apartment and happened to "find" Brianna.

I respectfully disagree with the prostitute angle. He loves that this case is hot and he will strike again. The last two times he was in the residence of the vic, he took Bri from the house and in the few days before Bri, he had burglared the residence of the Dec vic. He will not be afraid to strike again..esspecially in the early morning hours and he will not be afraid to enter the home or residence of the vic, even with others present. But he will strike again, he will not change his MO to prostitutes.

You may be right. I am thinking along the lines that the prostitutes were part of his early sickness. He went from "paid" victims to "real" victims.

I agree that he is not the "kill all prostitutes" type of serial rapists/murderer.

I do think he views most college girls as, how should I say, less than innocent and that intentionally taunt him with their beauty.

DeltaDawn,
You may prove to be right on this. As most of us agree that he has escalated rather quickly, and he may not be enough in control to try to evade LE while Bri's case is hot. I just have a feeling that there may be many more victims out there who have either not come forward or not been connected. Prostitutes/drug users/runaways would have been a less risky way for him to "practice" his crimes. I guess it's a matter of his intelligence versus the amount of control he has over his urges.

Either way, I respect your opinion as you do mine. :)

Rolex,

Nothing mean-spirited intended here whatsoever; but what exactly is your point? Find me one person in LE that does not appreciate what we're doing here.

Far be it from me, but any number of photos offered on this site alone, could and may well in fact have evidence unbeknownst to the photographer(s).

What you're saying to ME is they've got it under control, get out of the way. However, nothing could be further from the truth. Every single day I see and hear some community member or LE or mostly both, ask for continued assistance in the case.

Hi Leviosa! :)

Just a quick note in line with what you're saying. During the Danielle Van Dam case, actually during trial, it was a blogger,(on another forum, I believe), who actually helped the pros make their case. One of the most incriminating pieces of evidence against Westerfield was a strand of Danielle's hair located either in his home or camper. Anyway, of course the defense said it could have been from when Danielle was playing or selling cookies earlier in the week. But.......................

Danielle's mom had testified that Danielle had JUST had a hair cut. They measured the hair,.............and YES! it was AFTER the hair cut.:eek:

Just sayin'.................continue on.........This is a terrible case and I hope they catch that bas***d SOON! before he hurts anyone else. SOMEONE knows this guy. His wife, most likely. The baby shoe.

Poor Brianna. :(

fran

Delta Dawn, I wasn't aware that the killer burglarized the residence of the December victim. Are you talking about the victim who's door handle was broken off in a likely attempt to break in?

Lion

Some Other Issues:

It is possible that Brianna may have been severely unconscious or dead before being removed from the house. This is certainly not to assert that she didn't fight like crazy; however, if this guy did get the jump on her and covered her with a pillow to the point of a nose bleed there may have also been enough pressure to have killed her.

I cannot possibly rule out (1) either a part-time student at UNR; or (2) perhaps a maintenance worker; yet, most of all and (3) I do not believe that Brianna was the intended victim. Here's my reasoning:

It seems to me that this perp is very well aware of this house, its occupants, and all manner of things that go on inside. To leave a door unlocked—anywhere in this country—is basically an act of lunacy. How quickly do you suppose just by word of mouth it spread throughout a university district that there's a party and if no one answers the door, just walk in, they leave it unlocked? This is extremely real to me insofar as it's happened to me.

Moreover, I've been privy to such information just sitting in class before. So I ask my friend, a very attractive (to-die-for) friend, "hey…what's up with that rubbish?" She says to me, "…oh everyone knows I have roommates that are on the football team so they don't around…" What if…

Lastly, DeltaDawn...the attempt burglary was approximately 5 or so hours before Brianna was abducted. From what I gathered, the Dec. victim originally "out of town" then the next thing I read was she was "out of the country" and then spoken to again via telephone.

Hi Leviosa! :)

Just a quick note in line with what you're saying. During the Danielle Van Dam case, actually during trial, it was a blogger,(on another forum, I believe), who actually helped the pros make their case.

Hiya fran!

Good to see you over here! And thanks for bringing your vibes and support. OT but, can you believe they would not re-arrest JvdS?

I meet up with you over at Nat's place. CHEERS!

Go to see you!

Leviosa :)

Do you think she could have resisted or fought back and that is the reason she lost her life? Maybe the other victims just went w/it and didn't offer any resistance......

Jennywv,

I believe this to be the case. I feel that she either died of (forced) accidental causes such as struggling; or, she just wasn't giving in and due to her stature, her life was taken.

I think a person has got to be pretty demented (1) to look at Brianna and want to kill or even harm her; and (2) I'm sure this guy was intimidated by her. Good to see you again!

Leviosa :)

Some Other Issues:

It is possible that Brianna may have been severely unconscious or dead before being removed from the house. This is certainly not to assert that she didn't fight like crazy; however, if this guy did get the jump on her and covered her with a pillow to the point of a nose bleed there may have also been enough pressure to have killed her.

I cannot possibly rule out (1) either a part-time student at UNR; or (2) perhaps a maintenance worker; yet, most of all and (3) I do not believe that Brianna was the intended victim. Here's my reasoning:

It seems to me that this perp is very well aware of this house, its occupants, and all manner of things that go on inside. To leave a door unlocked—anywhere in this country—is basically an act of lunacy. How quickly do you suppose just by word of mouth it spread throughout a university district that there's a party and if no one answers the door, just walk in, they leave it unlocked? This is extremely real to me insofar as it's happened to me.

Moreover, I've been privy to such information just sitting in class before. So I ask my friend, a very attractive (to-die-for) friend, "hey…what's up with that rubbish?" She says to me, "…oh everyone knows I have roommates that are on the football team so they don't around…" What if…

Lastly, DeltaDawn...the attempt burglary was approximately 5 or so hours before Brianna was abducted. From what I gathered, the Dec. victim originally "out of town" then the next thing I read was she was "out of the country" and then spoken to again via telephone.

Do you know how they determined the time of the attempted burglary?

I think the previous victim was the target and Brianna was opportune.

Do you think she could have resisted or fought back and that is the reason she lost her life? Maybe the other victims just went w/it and didn't offer any resistance......

Good point Jenny, While everyone here is trying to classify this killer, no one really knows what his true desires and intentions will escalate into. An earlier post stated they thought he was an "angry" rapist yet he dropped off a victim back at home, that doesn't seem angry to me at all. It actually shows he has some compassion for his victims. He probably killed Brianna because she was not as cooperative as his other victims.

Good point Jenny, While everyone here is trying to classify this killer, no one really knows what his true desires and intentions will escalate into. An earlier post stated they thought he was an "angry" rapist yet he dropped off a victim back at home, that doesn't seem angry to me at all. It actually shows he has some compassion for his victims. He probably killed Brianna because she was not as cooperative as his other victims.

I think he is primarily a rapist. Yet to come to a conclusion on the murders. Brianna very well could have been killed for resisting.

I think anger is the primary key to rape. His dropping off the victim is an indicator, to me, that he "lapsed" back into reality. This also indicates, to me, that he would not progress to murder this soon as a goal. Again, suggesting that Brianna was killed for resisting, either by accident or intentionally.

Rolex,

Nothing mean-spirited intended here whatsoever; but what exactly is your point? Find me one person in LE that does not appreciate what we're doing here.

Far be it from me, but any number of photos offered on this site alone, could and may well in fact have evidence unbeknownst to the photographer(s).

What you're saying to ME is they've got it under control, get out of the way. However, nothing could be further from the truth. Every single day I see and hear some community member or LE or mostly both, ask for continued assistance in the case.
>
There is no doubt that the speculation and theorizing that occurs on this site and others may bear fruit in the select few cases. that something to be proud of. The problem is when we have the same few posters second guessing LE's every little move. Not only on this case but on almost every case they post about. Are the cops perfect? No, of course not, but every dept. isn't grossly negligent as some posters incinuate. It becomes silly after a while. Evidence preservation, crime scene integrity and due process are paramount. This seems to escape some people.

I think he is primarily a rapist. Yet to come to a conclusion on the murders. Brianna very well could have been killed for resisting.

I think anger is the primary key to rape. His dropping off the victim is an indicator, to me, that he "lapsed" back into reality. This also indicates, to me, that he would not progress to murder this soon as a goal. Again, suggesting that Brianna was killed for resisting, either by accident or intentionally.

I think he is a rapist that has turned into a killer. I have no doubt he will rape again. Will he murder again? My guess would be, that would depend on whether or not it added to his thrill. I'm thinking, now that he has killed it will be easier for him to do so again. Most crimes escalate over time. I hope they find him soon!

Interesting column about Brianna and another serial rapist/killer who "fit in" too well and was not caught for years:
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...+"rapes"+"unsolved"&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=us

I would also refer some of you to research the murders and violent attacks of Derrick Todd Lee, the "Baton Rouge serial killer."

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/baton_rouge/5.html

IMO, a lot of similarities, and insight stands to be gained regarding LE, DNA, panic in a college town, etc., etc.

Also JMO, LE should not only look at registered sex offenders, but persons convicted of stalking, peeping tom, etc.

I don't believe "perp" intended to murder Brianna, after all he did take the one victim home. IMO, if was going to murdered anyone I would think it would have been her. He spent enough time with her that she was able to give description of him, truck and baby shoe. I think "perp" is quiet, has low self-esteem and I don't think he socializes. He may have one or two friends, that haven't made the connection yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth