Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping LE had more leads on this case but with this latest plea, sad to say, it looks like it is going no where and fast. IMHO, I do not believe that he would purchase the panties online. If they aren't from a victim or his significant other than he may work as a handy man, painter, carpenter or some other trade where he would be in someones home.
I still feel that someone should dig up the ditch where she was found in case there is someone else buried there. Reason for it being sunk in? Why did he put her there?
Creepy thought, but well worth looking into.

I would have thought one of the first things they would have done was round up the roomates of Brianna's friend she was staying with and any people she came in contact with that evening into morning. However maybe they did that as best as they could through people's recollection of who attended the party..but if it were a large house party then there were probably people there that were not accounted for by the friends.

But I would think if they haven't come forward yet they aren't coming forward now.

JMHO

I would have thought one of the first things they would have done was round up the roomates of Brianna's friend she was staying with and any people she came in contact with that evening into morning. However maybe they did that as best as they could through people's recollection of who attended the party..but if it were a large house party then there were probably people there that were not accounted for by the friends.

But I would think if they haven't come forward yet they aren't coming forward now.

JMHO
I'm glad that we have this info that there was a party down the block from where she was staying, because it makes sense now why no one saw a suspicious vehicle. There were probably so many vehicles and/or people in that general area that night that people just assumed they were party-goers. The perp could have easily been hanging around and no one noticed anything strange.

Just found this comment posted on a story about Brianna at :
http://comejoinin.blogspot.com/2008/02/brianna-dennison-missing-police-lack.html

“On January 10th, somebody entered my apartment and misplaced some things in the bathroom, left a sealed condom on the dinning room table, and later we discovered that even cut his/her hair and used the vacuum cleaner to get rid of the hair. When I informed the police they just asked if I had a suspect and that I should call 'when it's actually happening'.”

I found the perp leaving a condom and shaving in the house very interesting... someone did reply to the person asking if it was the same type of condom but there is no response.

Also, just wondering but even if the person who owned the thong came forward - do you think the LE would identify them? I would think they would keep it quiet hoping to trap the perp?

I'm glad that we have this info that there was a party down the block from where she was staying, because it makes sense now why no one saw a suspicious vehicle. There were probably so many vehicles and/or people in that general area that night that people just assumed they were party-goers. The perp could have easily been hanging around and no one noticed anything strange.

I agree newshound that it would make it so easy for his truck/SUV to blend in. I wonder if he was watching the party for an opportunity to abduct a female walking home after the party.

I should have asked this a long time ago but, was Brianna visable from a vehicle outside or would you need to be on foot to see her on the sofa?

http://comejoinin.blogspot.com/2008/02/brianna-dennison-missing-police-lack.html

“On January 10th, somebody entered my apartment and misplaced some things in the bathroom, left a sealed condom on the dinning room table, and later we discovered that even cut his/her hair and used the vacuum cleaner to get rid of the hair. When I informed the police they just asked if I had a suspect and that I should call 'when it's actually happening'.”

I found the perp leaving a condom and shaving in the house very interesting... someone did reply to the person asking if it was the same type of condom but there is no response.

Also, just wondering but even if the person who owned the thong came forward - do you think the LE would identify them? I would think they would keep it quiet hoping to trap the perp?

I think the police would come and atleast try to get fingerprints or something..I wonder if this is true. The description is that of breaking and entering and I wouldn't believe the police would respond in that way to a crime.

I agree the police would be under no obligation to tell the press that the person who owned the thong had come forward. I think that would not be admitted.

To be honest the comments from that link are pretty negative about LE in Reno. One actually says a cop told them they wouldn't be taking fingerprints because it cost $3,000 and no one was hurt.

To me - that type of response is not LE not doing their job but LE being kept from doing their jobs. Yes we need to be fiscally responsible but I think it is a sad comment on our society if doctors and hospitals can run tons of useless tests but LE can't afford to test DNA and run fingerprints on every crime.

Thank you for that link.

I read that post and wondered when he/she filed the police report. Were they still in posession of the condom or the hair? Those details are critical to the relevancy to this case.

Honestly, having stood right at the spot, I can tell you the ditch is more like a dry stream bed, and appears totally natural. It runs from one edge of the property to the other.

However, if you'd like it dug up, here's the info on the property owner:

Parcel Information

Thanks for that link and all of your "on the ground" work!!!

I tried to find out more about the company that owns that parcel. I did not get very far. It looks like they are a consulting firm but I could not find their niche. I was hoping that they were a land development company.

Honestly, having stood right at the spot, I can tell you the ditch is more like a dry stream bed, and appears totally natural. It runs from one edge of the property to the other.

However, if you'd like it dug up, here's the info on the property owner:

Parcel Information

You have a better idea seeing that you are local. I was just going by the picture which looks very much like a sunk in grave. I can't see how long that ditch is.

SS, I have to kind of agree with DAD on the fact that you said that you would not come forward if you were the owner of the UW because you were scared that he might come after you. If you were the owner and he knew it, he would still come after you to keep you silent.

I agree newshound that it would make it so easy for his truck/SUV to blend in. I wonder if he was watching the party for an opportunity to abduct a female walking home after the party.

I should have asked this a long time ago but, was Brianna visable from a vehicle outside or would you need to be on foot to see her on the sofa?
Dad, I can't currently find the transcript link, but I believe on Greta, Mark F. established that someone driving by could in fact see Brianna on the couch from the road. I don't know, however, if it was ever clearly stated which was she was facing on that couch.

Dad, I can't currently find the transcript link, but I believe on Greta, Mark F. established that someone driving by could in fact see Brianna on the couch from the road. I don't know, however, if it was ever clearly stated which was she was facing on that couch.

Based on a picture I saw of the apartment, it almost looked like you would have to be on foot to see her but I couldn't really tell. I wonder if he was in his truck/SUV watching for women walking from the party and saw Brianna from the truck/SUV.

He would be more bold to get out of the truck to "troll" for a victim. Also, if he got out of the truck/SUV to troll, did he troll the party? If so, he maybe younger than I think he is.

Based on a picture I saw of the apartment, it almost looked like you would have to be on foot to see her but I couldn't really tell. I wonder if he was in his truck/SUV watching for women walking from the party and saw Brianna from the truck/SUV.

He would be more bold to get out of the truck to "troll" for a victim. Also, if he got out of the truck/SUV to troll, did he troll the party? If so, he maybe younger than I think he is.
Someone in one of our other threads had brought up if a vehicle was involved in the other attacks and where it might have been parked, or if the perp simply was on foot. The one was in a parking garage and he was on foot, but the vehicle could have been parked there, and the other of course included the victim being in the actual truck.

This is a really great point you bring up, Dad. Why is he attacking both on foot and with a car? Being on foot would lead me to believe he lives very close to these attacks. Maybe the car isn't used to get him to the campus, but just as a place to carry out the attacks.

Do you think he killed Brianna on the couch, in the car or at a property?

Someone in one of our other threads had brought up if a vehicle was involved in the other attacks and where it might have been parked, or if the perp simply was on foot. The one was in a parking garage and he was on foot, but the vehicle could have been parked there, and the other of course included the victim being in the actual truck.

This is a really great point you bring up, Dad. Why is he attacking both on foot and with a car? Being on foot would lead me to believe he lives very close to these attacks. Maybe the car isn't used to get him to the campus, but just as a place to carry out the attacks.

Do you think he killed Brianna on the couch, in the car or at a property?

I think he drives to the area from somewhere 10-15 minutes away. If he gets out of the truck/SUV to troll for any period of time, then he is pretty bold.

It is stated that she died of strangulation. Others have pointed out that it take a few minutes to strangulate, with intoxication also being a factor.

Since there was Brianna's blood on the pillow, he either hit her immediately or subsequent to her resisting. In either case, it was soon after he entered the apartment based on the dog not barking. So, that may indicate he was not in the apartment long enough to strangle her.

Since a previous victim was assaulted in the truck/SUV, it would be resonable to think the Brianna was also assaulted in the truck/SUV rather than in the field. I think the field was just a place to dispose the body. I guess I am deducting that she was most likely murdered in the truck/SUV.

Was she murdered defore or after a sexual assault? LE has stated that the abduction was sexually motivated but I don't think they have stated if Brianna was sexually assalted. If I am correct, it has been stated that a previous victim was sexually assaulted in the truck/SUV then awoke from unconsciousness. Based on that statement, it would be likely that, if Brianna was sexually assaulted, it was after he had rendered her unconscious. I don't know if that was from the hit, that caused the blood on the pillow, or from strangulation. There was a functional reason for him to strangle Brianna and not the other victim he had unconscious. That makes me think that she continued to fight him and he escalted his attempt to subdue her resulting in stragulation. That is a long way to say, I think he murdered her prior to a sexual assault, if there was one, which is most likely.

Just my long winded opinion. What is yours?

Did LE in Reno use cadaver dogs ? If so where were they used? If they were used at the apartment where she was abducted then LE would know that the death happened there if the death scent was present and the cadaver dogs made a hit.

Did LE in Reno use cadaver dogs ? If so where were they used? If they were used at the apartment where she was abducted then LE would know that the death happened there if the death scent was present and the cadaver dogs made a hit.

I'm no expert but I do believe that cadaver dogs are trained to sniff out decomposing flesh. She wouldn't be decomposing minutes after she was murdered.

Looking at the map of where the party was and where she was taken from, It seems to me that anyone could have parked along College drive near the house or maybe the back part of the house. Is there any evidence as to which door she was taken from? I know that the front door was unlocked but, the abductor could have easily seen her from the back door. Maybe he was parked by the back part of the house and walked down the driveway(or whatever that is) to take a 'p' (which usually comes after drinking beer at a party) and noticed her sleeping on the couch. He then broke in and dragged her into his vehicle from the back door. He is less likely to be seen going out the back than the front. Seeing that they leave the front door unlocked, why not the back door or has that been ruled out already? I haven't read it anywhere.
What do you think?

Does anyone know if someone is arrested, is out on bail......... but hasn't been to trial and convicted or found guilty of rape or assault yet.....would there DNA already be on file? I know I don't see the name in the sexual offender database.

I didn't know if they collect the DNA beforehand and put it in any kind of database before they have been to trial and found guilty.......If this person was identified by line up and other evidence, would they have already collected DNA?

There hasn't been a trial, and the incident occured middle of 2007

Kel

Looking at the map of where the party was and where she was taken from, It seems to me that anyone could have parked along College drive near the house or maybe the back part of the house. Is there any evidence as to which door she was taken from? I know that the front door was unlocked but, the abductor could have easily seen her from the back door. Maybe he was parked by the back part of the house and walked down the driveway(or whatever that is) to take a 'p' (which usually comes after drinking beer at a party) and noticed her sleeping on the couch. He then broke in and dragged her into his vehicle from the back door. He is less likely to be seen going out the back than the front. Seeing that they leave the front door unlocked, why not the back door or has that been ruled out already? I haven't read it anywhere.
What do you think?

You make a good point that he could have entered and exited through either door. I don't remember the layout of the apartment but I do recall the blanket Brianna was using was found in the kitchen.

Neither - my first guess was wrong. She was found here, where the rose petals are in the ditch:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468//WS/Denison/DSCN5227.jpg

Location marked with a blue dot on this map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468//WS/Denison/Windows.jpg

Is the star on the picture where Brianna was found on the building or on the top of the cross? Wonder if the perp can see from the window where he works where he put her...? Does the star point to a building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214