Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, sometimes you just want the guy caught. Period.

I think sometimes it is easy to interpret the actions, or percieved inaction, of LE as not doing their job because we just want the guy caught and we don't think about due process.

Was that a run on sentence?

Right on dad. Seeeeeee....sometimes we can think alike and be civil.:clap:

I would like to know what the guy who found Bri has to say.
I would like to know his explanation for going clear back to his office and not calling 911 on his cell phone instead. Why did his manager have to make that call FOR him?! This was odd behavior.

I would like to know his explanation for going clear back to his office and not calling 911 on his cell phone instead. Why did his manager have to make that call FOR him?! This was odd behavior.

maybe he was non english speaking?

Here you go! Maybe people should read up on what other LE agencies have used successfully in the past.

Not only do I think it would be a good idea to request DNA from the gym staff and members, but in the very office of the person who found the body also.

Would you extend that DNA net to other possible connections cited on this board?

Rick has a good suggestion that it was a language barrier.

Do you consider the person who found the body a suspect?

Couple things - my idea of testing the towels at the gym was just a question if they legally could. Since the towels belonged to the gym I would think it would just be the gym who had to give the ok not the person who used the towel. As for people not going there again if they did- I personally would be glad to know they were doing what they can to help.

As for asking for DNA samples - I did check with a reliable source and it is perfectly 100% legal not against anyone's rights to ask you to submit a DNA sample. You of course have the right to say no and yes this could be viewed as cause for suspicion in itself but more would be needed to get a SW. As for me - I am female and not in the area so obviously wouldn't be asked but if I was I would willingly do it. I don't see having my DNA on file as anymore an invasion of privacy then the fact that I had to be fingerprinted for my job (finance industry - it is required) or that my blood type is on file from donating blood.

Now my last point in this way too long post... Ladies, correct me if I'm wrong here but I could very easily be missing a pair of undies and have no clue they were missing. Or the person could have "lost" them so long ago - if the perp stole them from laundry or off the floor of an ex - that she may not think they could be hers.
Thanks for checking on the validity of asking for DNA. The only issue becomes afterwards when the legal fight starts of what happens to such DNA collected in the operations.

Yes, a thong I might not wear a lot could be missing and I might not be aware of it. However, I think if they showed up on every national news story in relation to a murder case...I might remember them! I would not be surprised if the woman isn't afraid to come forward since this perp is still out there tho. She would know that he did go back to the second victim's home a month after he raped her and then he killed Brianna.

It has been pointed out so very specifically here that Law Enforcement does not, cannot, and will not be responsible for the "public's safety" so why would she expect to be protected from him? She wouldn't. She would be scared to death to come forward knowing it was up to her own self to fend this rapist off. I know I wouldn't come forward, if it were me and he knew where I lived!! Too much at risk until they find him.

Thanks for checking on the validity of asking for DNA. The only issue becomes afterwards when the legal fight starts of what happens to such DNA collected in the operations.

Yes, a thong I might not wear a lot could be missing and I might not be aware of it. However, I think if they showed up on every national news story in relation to a murder case...I might remember them! I would not be surprised if the woman isn't afraid to come forward since this perp is still out there tho. She would know that he did go back to the second victim's home a month after he raped her and then he killed Brianna.

It has been pointed out so very specifically here that Law Enforcement does not, cannot, and will not be responsible for the "public's safety" so why would she expect to be protected from him? She wouldn't. She would be scared to death to come forward knowing it was up to her own self to fend this rapist off. I know I wouldn't come forward, if it were me and he knew where I lived!! Too much at risk until they find him.

I would agree that you have repeatedly said that LE is not doing their job.

I appreciate your honesty that you would not cooperate with LE to capture this monster.

Does anyone know when spring break for the colleges in Reno takes place this year? I would imagine it will be happening soon. I wonder if he'll strike again during that time.

10EC I'd be interested in your opinion also about my post in the Profile thread.

this is a long shot, but maybe the perp could be someone who has access to apartments, such as a manager, handyman, etc. The reason I say this is...way back in the day, I had moved into a new apartment, came home and found my underwear that had been in my dirty laundry, strewn around there. Gave me the creeps...I knew who it was because only the super would have had key to get in. He was a real piece of work.

There's alot of weirdos out there...maybe this guy could have taken someone's underwear in the same way.

Couple things - my idea of testing the towels at the gym was just a question if they legally could. Since the towels belonged to the gym I would think it would just be the gym who had to give the ok not the person who used the towel. As for people not going there again if they did- I personally would be glad to know they were doing what they can to help.

As for asking for DNA samples - I did check with a reliable source and it is perfectly 100% legal not against anyone's rights to ask you to submit a DNA sample. You of course have the right to say no and yes this could be viewed as cause for suspicion in itself but more would be needed to get a SW. As for me - I am female and not in the area so obviously wouldn't be asked but if I was I would willingly do it. I don't see having my DNA on file as anymore an invasion of privacy then the fact that I had to be fingerprinted for my job (finance industry - it is required) or that my blood type is on file from donating blood.

Now my last point in this way too long post... Ladies, correct me if I'm wrong here but I could very easily be missing a pair of undies and have no clue they were missing. Or the person could have "lost" them so long ago - if the perp stole them from laundry or off the floor of an ex - that she may not think they could be hers.

I understand your point, and you pointed out that you are in the finance industry, If LE goes to a bank and wants financial records for a person, they would have to have a judge sign off on the request/warrant. They can not request the financial information for every person who does business with the bank.
With DNA it is the same thing in ways. The information DNA holds is personal information. Every day breakthroughs in DNA technology makes it all that much more personal. The whole idea of insurance companies looking at your DNA and seeing what you might be predisposed to some people sounds like a good idea, to others it is a horrifying prospect.
The idea of some place I go to giving my personal data of any sort to anyone without my knowledge or consent would not only loose my business, but would most likely see a huge lawsuit...

I am not attacking anyone for putting the idea out there, I just hate the whole argument that something will increase security, or "If you aren't doing something wrong, you don't have anything to hide"
I want to tell anyone who utters that statement that if they really feel that way to unlock their house and invite a stranger in to poke around.
There are things that need to be guarded and even if they are used to help the greater good, there are still bad people and even good people make mistakes. On paper a lot of things sound great.

The Nanny state that Britain has become is a good example. Yes they have the whole DNA thing working and some amazing breaks have come about from it. Even with a massive DNA database and surveillance cameras on every corner, some pretty horrific crimes have taken place, and some are still unsolved. I don't have figures, but I don't see that crime rates have gone down much even with these tools.
Another problem that has come up and will continue to do so is mistakes in the labs. The more samples, the bigger the backlog, the more pressure the people processing them have, the more mistakes are made. Innocent people are scrutinized and the criminals have more time on the streets.

I am in no way saying that LE should not use DNA as a tool or that it is wrong for them to request it from witnesses or people in the area.

I also want to add that the clothing description did not jump at me. The FUBU type of clothes are worn by a lot of people without any regard to athletics. It is trendy and comfort that I got out of the description of the clothes, which again does nothing to help the vague description. I do have a feeling that LE has already talked to him, and I think they have him on their short list already.

this is a long shot, but maybe the perp could be someone who has access to apartments, such as a manager, handyman, etc. The reason I say this is...way back in the day, I had moved into a new apartment, came home and found my underwear that had been in my dirty laundry, strewn around there. Gave me the creeps...I knew who it was because only the super would have had key to get in. He was a real piece of work.

There's alot of weirdos out there...maybe this guy could have taken someone's underwear in the same way.

I think that is most likely what happened. The FBI says that most serial criminals start with fetish burglaries etc... Remember the guy in the Brooke Wilberger case that was named as a suspect early on? The guy horded panties stolen from all over the place. While he was wrongly named as the suspect in her case, I think that it would have been a matter of time until he stepped up his crimes. He might have been saved by being outed like that, I am sure he is in some sort of therapy, and most likely knows that people are watching him...

I don't think that the person who owns the panties in this case is a victim other than burglary or pilfering of laundry, also I do think it is in the realm of possibilities that they were bought from someone over the internet. I will not get detailed, but there are people out there who will pay tons of money for items that you wouldn't believe.
The encyclopedia of unusual sex practices is a great read if you want to feel normal. There are things that people do that I could not even begin to explain... :eek::eek::eek:

I agreed with you on that one. This perp is construction worker, handyman, locksmith, anywhere in the trades and I feel he travels for work.

Have been following but not posting. I have an important question. In the report that Rolex just posted it says the woman whose underwear were found with Brianna's body has not come forward. Ok, so I know someone here can answer this for me. :)

How would she be able to do that? Were they distinctive in some way? Wasn't her and the killers dna found on them? The killers dna proves they were deliberately left there right? Were these underwear shown or even described in the media and I missed it?

Couldn't he have swiped them from somewhere like dirty laundry or whatever and later added his own dna? Even if the owner knew she had a pair fitting that description she'd also know she hadn't been with someone and may not even notice they were gone. They could've come from outside Reno altogether as well. But it is a good lead to follow but may not tie the owner to the killer.

I'm just starting to catch up on today's posts, so someone may have already answered this.........

Yes, the underwear were pictured in the RGJ. They're described as black, although they're really sort of a charcoal color, with the cartoon character of the Pink Panther. I think there's a good possibility that the suspect stole the underwear from someone's dirty laundry basket. Perhaps in a laundrymat, where someone was busy and didn't notice someone taking the underwear. The owner may not even realize the underwear is missing. Or, the owner may not live in Reno. They could have been stolen in another city. The underwear could also be a false clue.......purposely left to send LE in another direction.

You are correct. I went by there this morning, the curb of the parking lot is right against the edge of the field. What looked to me like fence posts are a line of small shrubs.

Also - on the radio this morning Reno PD was quoted as saying they are tracking down an average of 5 leads per hour, have received thousands of tips, and it's the biggest manhunt they have mounted in memory. I suppose this means it surpasses the hunt for Darren Mack, which didn't end up taking all that long.

...............thanks! This is good news - that LE has so many leads. All it takes is the one good lead to break the case and capture the killer.

I would like to know what the guy who found Bri has to say.

Interestingly, the guy who found the body, that later was identified as Brianna, has never been interviewed by the media. I wonder if LE spoke to him and requested that he not give any media interviews as to what he saw, as it would compromise the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214