Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe no money etc needed to search.
like LE knows where he is now?

They kept it quiet when they dug for Brooke Willburger...

I've been down for a week or so since I heard a bit of info from someone friends with a LE in Portland. Even tho it is rumor until proven, it still stung my heart and made me pull away a bit, although I did gear back up at one point. With the announcement of the divorce along with RO this week - well? I guess I am :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I saw this a couple of days ago, I thought it meant that they really didn't intend to do a website, it just sort of happened, and they weren't going to be able to keep it up and were just letting everyone know that ahead of time. I think it is sad, but it sounded like it sort of happened by "accident" (for lack of a better term).

I didn't feel like they were letting anyone down. I would rather someone be honest and say so ahead of time than just bag on it, or do a crappy job, kwim?

Very sad... What I take from this is that they do not need any more donations for the Sheriff's office. Does this mean they are no longer going to do searches? I guess they finished the search on SI and no Kyron to be found, so they are waiting on TH to confess (if she indeed is the POI)?
I hope he is alive somewhere :-(

I posted this in another thread and thought I would bring it up for everyone to see.
Woah I missed this.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/97449789.html?tab=video

about :34 into the video there is a comment that the Bring Kyron Home website will shut down by the end of the week.

http://web.me.com/owensfamily4/Bring_Kyron_Home/HOME.html

BUT this is part of their Statement:
"Also, we will be taking this site down at the end of the week. We feel we have been remiss at keeping it updated and really have no further plans to do anything more in terms of events or anything like bracelets, buttons, etc. We continue to hold out hope, but feel this website has ultimately served its purpose."

Take from that what you will.

This leaves plenty of room for independent volunteers to create a site for Kyron, unless LE/the site knows something we all don't know?

I saw this a couple of days ago, I thought it meant that they really didn't intend to do a website, it just sort of happened, and they weren't going to be able to keep it up and were just letting everyone know that ahead of time. I think it is sad, but it sounded like it sort of happened by "accident" (for lack of a better term).

I didn't feel like they were letting anyone down. I would rather someone be honest and say so ahead of time than just bag on it, or do a crappy job, kwim?

That could be a distinct possibility. Again, I think it may or may not mean something. I know there is a lot of frustration because we just DO NOT KNOW anything. Not concrete anyway. That and there is only so much we can sleuth with this case.

Sounds to me like the hammer is about to drop.

Maybe friends don't care to have a site where rumors about the divorce and RO can be circulated - maybe they feel it's not much about Kyron anymore. moo

Maybe friends don't care to have a site where rumors about the divorce and RO can be circulated - maybe they feel it's not much about Kyron anymore. moo

It looks to be an informational site. They have total control over what is posted.

This does not make me feel good. Why take it down so soon? Caylee's been gone two years and there are still multiple sites for her that are up. Of course, we pretty much know what happened to her. They must know something about this case that we don't know yet. This makes me really sad.

Either they don't think he's going to be brought home at all, or they don't think he's going to be brought home alive. I can see it being hard to keep up a site of hope when it's mostly likely that he's not on this earth anymore. :(

Someone should invite those folks to come here with us.

We never close. Open 24/7

I don't think the website shutting down means anything more than the website shutting down. Why the need to be some dramatic over it? There are multiple FB pages for Kyron, news stories everyday on multiple outlets related to Kyron, and all of us hear supporting the case. I imagine the family who started the page never thought Kyron would be gone this long. It is NOT detrimental to the case for the website to be taken down.

I don't think the website shutting down means anything more than the website shutting down. Why the need to be some dramatic over it? There are multiple FB pages for Kyron, news stories everyday on multiple outlets related to Kyron, and all of us hear supporting the case. I imagine the family who started the page never thought Kyron would be gone this long. It is NOT detrimental to the case for the website to be taken down.

I don't think anyone is being overly dramatic, but when you're trying to keep up hope that he might be alive, and the one site entitled "Bring Kyron Home" is shut down, that's not a very good sign, IMO.

I think we're just all afraid of anything that happens that keeps bringing a bigger and scarier shadow over this case. So many things have happened in so little time that hope is becoming harder and harder to keep up. That site shutting down may not be detrimental to the case, but it sure makes a person lose hope just a little bit more about Kyron coming back home safely and alive.

I think this just makes everyone question what is going on. In a few previous cases when the family site is shut down the body had been found and only family knew at that point. Don't think that is the case here since someone said the family mentioned shutting it down by the end of the week a few days ago. Just explaining why everyone may be questioning it.

I don't think asking for an opinion is overly dramatic. With all respect, that is what I did. That is what is great about WS. We can share info and discuss it. It very well may not mean diddly, but please don't attack the whole discussion. We all have a right to our opinion just like you do.

The LE in this case have kept everything so close to the vest that I have been amazed. I truly believe if LE knows where Kyron is no one else will know till LE is ready to share the information...and probably have with Bio Mom, Stepdad and bio Dad. Even the media has cooperated with LE's efforts and requests.
The only one who spoke, when asked by LE not to, was Tanner's friend, allowed by Grandma. Even Terri's friend who is speaking for her is guarded.
At this point, I am not surprised that the Bring Kyron Home website is being shut down. :(
There is a nagging fear at the back of my mind that he is close to home already.My opinion only.

I wasn't implying that you all were being overly dramatic. I was saying that the news article made something dramatic out of nothing, like they have repeatedly done throughout this whole case. Maybe I should have worded it differently. Sorry for the confusion

My take on it closing down is since the website is ran by "friends from school" of Kaine that maybe they don't know what to update and want to leave it for family and LE or even close friends. How long ago was Kaine in school. Maybe they are not close friends?

Reason I say this is:
We are friends of Kaine Horman. We went to high school with Kaine and now live in Portland.
http://web.me.com/owensfamily4/Bring_Kyron_Home/HOME.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member