GUILTY Brock Turner, college swimmer, CONVICTED of rape - sentenced to only 6 months in jail

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So glad this is spreading like wildfire on the internet, and on cable news. This guy got 6 months for a witnessed rape, for which there was a ton of evidence, because as the judge stated " a long sentence would have a severe impact on him". After all, he was a competitive swimmer, formerly for Stanford, and a possible Olympic contender. This is the letter she read at her victim impact statement. It was also read in it's entirety on CNN today:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbak...read-to-her-ra?utm_term=.vd71qlLqQ#.haAWYvdYP
Unfortunately some judges are idiots. It's not a mystery.

The perpetuation of blaming the rape victim and minimizing guilt of the male, especially an "accomplished" or "affluential" one, continues. Over 20 years ago, when our daughter was raped under similar circumstances (she awoke in her own bed being sexually assaulted) at the Air Force Academy, her rapist (who admitted the assault) was finally dismissed from the Academy. Period. She was punished with walking "tours'" and restrictions because she had been drinking. All, and I mean 99% of her peers, shunned her. They were angry at her for turning him in. Strong lady, she stuck out the other 2 years and graduated anyway.
I can remember meeting with the commanding general (lower case intended!) who assured us that the rapist came from a fine family, "just like us." We had no choice about whether or not he should be charged ~ If we decided to try to punish him any further than what the Academy had, our only option was to sue him in Civil Court. After many words, tears, and prayers we decided the most profitable thing we could do is pray that the rapist will marry early and sire only daughters that he will have to worry over the rest of his life.
It appears our society has made zero progress in these 20+ years.
In my old and experienced eyes, unless both partners are eager, breathing hard and give consent ~ someone is being raped. Young, old, abused, poor, incompetent, drunk, or asleep ~ they don't need our criticism, they need our support, especially if they are brave enough to speak out!
Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky is obviously more concerned with the "severe impact" that prison will have on the felon's life than the repercussions of his "20 minutes of action" will have on his inculpable prey.
The severe impact and repercussions our entire extended family feels are evident in this post, even after so many years. Prayers to the Stanford Lady and her family!

Great Post.

This was a RIDICULOUS hiring decision. Put a man, who clearly & publicly devalues a woman- to the degree a rapist’s 6 minute lapse in judgement (or however dad pitched it as) is more important than the victim of a RAPE? I’d never have my daughter- or my son- coached by this jack@ss. He will never be worthy of teacher/mentor/coach title. Unbelievable.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back