GUILTY Brock Turner, college swimmer, CONVICTED of rape - sentenced to only 6 months in jail

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He should take the sentence he was given and be grateful for it. If he gets a new trail, the next judge is not likely to be so lenient.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
BBM

One can hope! No doubt he’s appealing because he doesn’t want to register as a sex offender for life.

BBM

One can hope! No doubt he’s appealing because he doesn’t want to register as a sex offender for life.
I'm very surprised *any* lawyer would advise him to pursue an appeal for a new trial, after all the blowback from his sentencing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Could his lawyer's timing be any worse- given all the celebrities and politicians going down in flames for sexual misdeeds?

OMG...I checked the newswire because I thought you all *must* be wrong on this. Is this little dirt ball nuts?! Maybe this is his subconscious trying to punish him. He is going to get massacred!
What an arrogant little creep. The court system will not be so kind to him this go-around.

Brock Turner Appeals his Conviction!!! :furious:

Key to Turner's request for a new trial is a statement the prosecutor repeatedly made during trial, saying the assault occurred "behind the dumpster."
The assault, Turner's lawyers argue, did not occur "behind the dumpster." Indeed, the victim was found in a "completely open setting," the appeal states, adding that the implication that the crime occurred "behind the dumpster" prejudiced the jury against Turner.
<snip>

"What we are saying is that what happened is not a crime," John Tompkins, Turner's legal adviser, told KNTV. "It happened, but it was not anywhere close to a crime."

www.cnn.com/2017/12/02/us/brock-turner-sexual-assault-appeal/index.html[/video]

Didn't the Swedish students who rescued the victim testify that they saw Brock on top of her behind a dumpster?

At any rate, I don't see how being in a "completely open setting" instead of behind a dumpster could be very pivotal in obtaining an appeal.

Didn't the Swedish students who rescued the victim testify that they saw Brock on top of her behind a dumpster?

At any rate, I don't see how being in a "completely open setting" instead of behind a dumpster could be very pivotal in obtaining an appeal.

I don’t remember what the Swedish students said, but the appeal document explains the difference between being in a “completely open setting” or behind a dumpster as follows:

That characterization of the crime, "implied an intent on the appellant's part to shield and sequester his activities" and "implied moral depravity, callousness and culpability on the appellant's part because of the inherent connotations of filth, garbage, detritus and criminal activity frequently associated with dumpsters," the document states.
BBM

No, Mr. Attorney. The “moral depravity, callousness and culpability” on the part of your client is due to his action in raping the young woman, not the specific location of the act. He’d be just as guilty if he had raped her on a comfortable mattress in a beautiful hotel room. Don’t blame the dumpster for your client being associated with “filth, garbage, detritus and criminal activity.” He IS all of that by his act of rape. Your appeal is delusional and insulting to the survivor. Shame on both of you!!

Why were the witness reports of Blake Bolton and Jason Robbins apparently not made part of the prosecution or defense cases? In the case docs I see them mentioned only in the original police reports: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/1532973/complaint-brock-turner.pdf

Bolton said he saw a male standing over the victim shining his phone camera light at her. A couple hours later, the police saw on Turner's phone a group chat message asking "whos tit is that?" The latter revelation made headlines in June 2016, but it seems not to have figured in the sentencing arguments. Was this damning evidence discredited or otherwise excluded? Bolton says the male left as Bolton checked on the victim.

Robbins said he called 911 because he saw the woman lying in the grass with nobody else around.

Both accounts seem inconsistent with the testimony of Turner and the two good samaritans.

Why were the witness reports of Blake Bolton and Jason Robbins apparently not made part of the prosecution or defense cases? In the case docs I see them mentioned only in the original police reports: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/1532973/complaint-brock-turner.pdf

Bolton said he saw a male standing over the victim shining his phone camera light at her. A couple hours later, the police saw on Turner's phone a group chat message asking "whos tit is that?" The latter revelation made headlines in June 2016, but it seems not to have figured in the sentencing arguments. Was this damning evidence discredited or otherwise excluded? Bolton says the male left as Bolton checked on the victim.

Robbins said he called 911 because he saw the woman lying in the grass with nobody else around.

Both accounts seem inconsistent with the testimony of Turner and the two good samaritans.

Welcome to WS! :seeya: That’s a good question. I suspect there may have been something in the contradiction between the two accounts that invalidated Bolton’s and Robbins’ account, but that’s just a guess.

Brock Turner engaged in 'sexual outercourse,' says lawyer in appeal

https://www.sfgate.com/news/bayarea...ck-Turner-Seeks-Appeal-Of-Sexual-13101361.php

The attorney for Brock Turner, the Stanford University student convicted of sexual assault in a highly publicized 2016 case, argued in an appeal Tuesday that the conviction should be overturned because his client was seeking "outercourse" rather than intercourse with his intoxicated victims.
………………….
Responding to his claims, Deputy Attorney General Alisha Carlile said Multhaup's argument was based in proving that his "version" of events was more credible than the prosecution's.

She argued that multiple factors pointed to Turner's intent to rape, including that he took the victim to a secluded location, he first digitally penetrated her, and he failed to deny that he was planning to rape the victim when the act was interrupted.

Elia asked Multhaup to consider the case as a whole, rather than "surgically remove" portions of the case and inspect them separately to construct an appeal.

More at link. The judges have 90 days to respond to the appeal.

Last edited:
What is outercourse? Dry humping? Groping? I'm not just being crude, I really don't get it. Also, even if that is a thing, if it involves her body then he still needed and did not get consent. I don't get it.

What is outercourse? Dry humping? Groping? I'm not just being crude, I really don't get it. Also, even if that is a thing, if it involves her body then he still needed and did not get consent. I don't get it.

BBM

Not sure how to word this, (being rather flippant here) but apparently Brock Turner thinks he is entitled to "get it" any time, any place, any woman he wants. Consent/no consent, able to consent/unable to consent.

The previous sentence sadly supports that idea.

Praying this round is different!

SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) --
Former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner has lost an appeal to overturn his 2016 conviction for sexual assault.

Turner was convicted for the January 2015 assault on victim "Emily Doe" after she left a fraternity party on the Stanford campus.

While sentenced to six months and three years of probation, Turner was released from county jail after three months and returned to his home in Ohio, where was required to register as a sex offender.

Brock Turner loses appeal to overturn sexual assault conviction

Poor Brock! <insert sarcasm>

Rapist Stanford University swimmer Brock Turner LOSES appeal to overturn his sexual assault convictions for attacking a drunk and unconscious woman outside a frat party
  • Ex-Stanford University swimmer Brock Turner has lost his bid for a new trial
  • An appeals court upheld his sexual assault and attempted rape convictions
  • In 2016, a jury convicted Turner of sexually assaulting an intoxicated and unconscious woman outside an on-campus fraternity party
  • The case got national attention after the victim's powerful statement, which she read in court, was shared widely online
  • Turner was only sentenced to six months and was released in after serving three
  • Turner filed an appeal in December seeking a new trial, arguing that the evidence presented at his trial didn't support his convictions
Court upholds ex-Stanford swimmer's sex assault conviction | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back