GUILTY Brock Turner, college swimmer, CONVICTED of rape - sentenced to only 6 months in jail

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ashleigh Banfield just spent a segment talking about Judge Persky and his request to switch to Civil Court. Her guest was Michelle Dauber, the Stanford law professor behind the Aaron Persky recall effort.

The recall effort will continue in spite of his switch to Civil Court. Dauber talked about the extensive research they have compiled on his judicial record. She discussed similar damage that Persky inflicted when he was previously a civil judge. On September 2, the day Turner is scheduled to be released, the recall people have a rally planned, not aimed at Turner but at Aaron Persky. It is sounding to me like they have put together a solid case for his recall.

Oh my!

Stanford sex case judge accused of leniency toward another athlete
Bay Area News Group / East Bay Times
By Tracey Kaplan
POSTED: 08/26/2016 02:14:27 PM PDT | UPDATED: 34 MIN. AGO

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/bay-are...ex-case-judge-accused-leniency-toward-another

“PALO ALTO -- The judge who became a national pariah after handing a light sentence to a former Stanford athlete convicted of sexually assaulting an intoxicated, unconscious woman also mishandled a domestic violence case involving another athlete, critics said Friday.

Judge Aaron Persky, who is also the target of a Santa Clara County recall campaign, gave multiple breaks to Ikaika Gunderson, who was arrested in February 2015 and later pleaded no contest to felony domestic violence for beating up his ex-girlfriend. At the time of the arrest, he played football at Foothill College.”

“Over the course of the next year, the judge delayed sentencing Gunderson -- or putting him under any formal supervision, according to Buzzfeed, where the story first appeared. Instead, he gave Gunderson, then 21, a chance to attend classes and play football at the University of Hawaii, according to court records and transcripts viewed by this newspaper.”​

Gotta read more!

Ashleigh Banfield just spent a segment talking about Judge Persky and his request to switch to Civil Court. Her guest was Michelle Dauber, the Stanford law professor behind the Aaron Persky recall effort.

The recall effort will continue in spite of his switch to Civil Court. Dauber talked about the extensive research they have compiled on his judicial record. She discussed similar damage that Persky inflicted when he was previously a civil judge. On September 2, the day Turner is scheduled to be released, the recall people have a rally planned, not aimed at Turner but at Aaron Persky. It is sounding to me like they have put together a solid case for his recall.

It's a change.org petition, I've signed it. Maria Ruiz is the organizer.

Brock Turner, the Stanford Rapist is being released tomorrow, after serving THREE MONTHS!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Brock Turner judge defends his job, asks for money to support anti-recall campaign on website
SF Gate
By Amy Graff Updated 5:14 pm, Thursday, September 1, 2016

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Brock-Turner-judge-speaks-out-for-first-time-9197586.php

“A widely scorned Santa Clara County judge is speaking out for the first time since a campaign was launched to oust him from the bench.

Judge Aaron Persky, who gave what many perceived as a slap-on-the-wrist sentence to ex-Stanford student Brock Turner for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman, launched a website defending his job and asking for money to fight recall efforts.”

“Persky has reached out to judges around the state for funding and endorsements, according to a San Jose Mercury News story from Aug. 29, and the site claims to have raised $3,600. This is significantly less than the recall campaign, which claims a total north of $100,000.

While the site launched in the past week, the domain was registered in July 2016 after the firestorm erupted over Persky sentencing Turner to six months in jail.”​

More...

This NBC article from earlier today talks about his release but it also talks about and shows some photos of Turner from the morning of the incident.

SEP 2 2016, 12:26 PM ET
Brock Turner, Convicted Sexual Assault Offender, Released From Jail After 3 Months
by GADI SCHWARTZ and ERIK ORTIZ

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/photos-show-disheveled-brock-turner-after-arrest-n641981

“Upon Turner's release, he must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, complete a sex offender management program and submit to random drug and alcohol tests. He is expected to return to his native Ohio while he completes a three-year probation.

His release comes as new photos provided exclusively to NBC News surfaced from when he was arrested in January 2015, just after police said he sexually assaulted a woman.

The images show him disheveled, apparently bruised and with a torn shirt. They were used as evidence in his trial in March.”​

September 2, 2016

Student classes to fight college rape at a critical time

The case of former Stanford University swimmer Brock Turner, who walked out of jail Friday after serving three months for the sexual assault of an unconscious college co-ed, arguably will not be the last of its kind.

This time of year on college campuses -- the start of fall semester -- appears critical. It is commonly known among administrators as the "the Red Zone," referring to the time when incoming freshmen are most susceptible to sexual assault.

Alcohol is often a factor in sexual assaults and a number of universities, including Stanford, have issued bans or limits on alcohol.

But cracking down on booze does not seem to be enough according those who deal with the issue. "Binge drinking on college campuses has been reduced in the last few years and we haven't seen that same reduction in college sexual assault," said Stephanie Gordon, Vice President for Professional Development at the Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education Association.

At the University of Colorado in Boulder (CU), officials say they are the only college in the country to mandate bystander intervention training for all new freshmen. Students learn to recognize a wide range of scenarios, not necessarily just an assault in progress, where they may be able to help.

Tactics discussed fall under the categories of direct help, creating a distraction or stealth action. One of the course's instructors, Julie Volckens, associate director for assessment and education, described their approach: "If I don't feel sex assault is maybe relevant to me, I'm not going to assault anyone, I'm probably not going to be assaulted, the skills are still relevant for me and I can see how I can use them in different contexts."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/02/student-classes-to-fight-college-rape-at-critical-time.html

September 2, 2016
9:40 PM UPDATED

[h=1]Protesters outside Brock Turner’s home leave messages scrawled in chalk[/h][h=2]Former Oakwood swimmer will have to register as sex offender when he returns to area.[/h]
BrockTurner_mug_shot1_1.jpg

Members of the Sugarcreek Twp. Fire Department are are using fire hoses to clean chalk-written messages off the sidewalk, driveway and the street in front of the Brock Turner residence in Sugarcreek Twp.The words that were scrawled included “rapist” and the following: “Its [sic] your job to hold your son/self responsible so he/you don’t hurt my daughters.”
The dozen or so protesters have left the neighborhood. Only reporters, police officers and firefighters remain in the neighborhood.
A group of protesters has gathered in front of the family home of Brock Turner in Sugarcreek Twp. Some of them are carrying weapons.
A newspaper sat unopened on the driveway as about a dozen protesters and roughly twice as many reporters stood at the neck of the cul de sac. A Cincinnati news chopper circled overhead as a neighbor mowed his lawn.
“You’ve got to be kidding me,” said another neighbor as he looked skyward.
About a block away, neighbors chatted with Sugarcreek Twp. Police Chief Michael Brown, who declined comment, as a police sergeant watched the armed protesters through binoculars.
Still another neighbor walked up to a front porch carrying a case of Miller Light.
Some protesters who commented asked that their names not be used.
“The reason we decided to bring the kids is to teach them, at a young age, that 20 minutes of wrongdoing to someone…that can ruin your life forever ,” said one mother who brought her children.
She said she is “furious” that she has Turner and his family as neighbors. “They feel like a cancer to us and we need to get them out of here.”
One of the male protesters said he fears that Turner would repeat offense because of the lax sentence he was given in the Stanford case.

<SNIP>

Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith is preparing for Turner&#8217;s release as well, she told WHIO-TV affiliate KPIX-TV.
&#8220;I think that protesters are going to be angry, I think a lot of people are angry over this case,&#8221; Smith said. &#8220;It&#8217;s too light of a sentence for a rapist. But we&#8217;re just going to make sure that the public and everyone that&#8217;s there is safe on the morning that he&#8217;s released.&#8221;
Smith also sent a letter to California Gov. Jerry Brown urging him to sign an assembly bill backed by bay area lawmakers that was inspired by the case. It would send convicted sexual predators to state prison instead of county jail, KPIX-TV reports.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...y-sheriff-no-kid-gloves-for-brock-turn/nsQCT/

I don't believe he can remain drug or alcohol free for very long. I wonder what his sentence will be when he breaks probation? Will it be at a judge's discretion?

I don't believe he can remain drug or alcohol free for very long. I wonder what his sentence will be when he breaks probation? Will it be at a judge's discretion?

Well, it won't be Persky, and it look like word has gotten back to Ohio that he is a rapist/sex offender, so hopefully he'd get more time for violating his parole. He's an adult unlike Ethan Couch in Texas.
Personally, I'm glad his neighbors are protesting and letting him and his mom and dad know this behavior is NOT okay. Disgusts me that he'll get to go back to eating his father's steaks.

Unbelievable. He'll be sleeping in his own bed tonight; he can drive around to see his friends; he can do just about whatever he wants. This makes me wanna holler. Unbelievable. SMH. Grrrrrrr.

Unbelievable. He'll be sleeping in his own bed tonight; he can drive around to see his friends; he can do just about whatever he wants. This makes me wanna holler. Unbelievable. SMH. Grrrrrrr.

What friends? In a just world, he would've lost them all.

What friends? In a just world, he would've lost them all.

Yes, you're right. And I'm hoping it is so, but I have my doubts. SMH.

I wonder... Will his friends be hand-slapping with him or face-slapping?

I'm betting they'll prolly all have a big party and a big laff. Grrrrrr.

Karma has patience......and will strike when the opportunity arises.

Justice needs to be done and also "seen to be done". When this is not the case, people will want to take matters
into their on hands. I think if I were the victim, I would be outside his house protesting and putting up signs to warn
other women. Hopefully I would not go further... slash tires, break windows, put up a billboard... but it would be very tempting
to do so!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back