Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX News did show the Step Monster's picture.....ugh.....but I cannnot find it on their website. This was within the past hour, so maybe everyone can catch the next update.

I am so glad someone saw it also!!!! It was on there for just a second and they have not shown it again! I think Fox showed it because it was close to the hearing time.

Is there a half way underground driveway into the courthouse there? LE will usually drive the inmate there and especially the high profile ones. If not, someone could have gotten a picture of him.

Ok...just got in...any news yet?

Did you find the safe???

I am still wondering where our local sleuthers are and why they are not out trying to find that dag gum safe....it didn't just disappear!!!! :banghead:

Can someone inform me about RG....

After Brooke's mother left him & moved to VT..... did Brooke go to Tx to visit him or is that speculation & rumor because of the posts on her MySpace about missing Texas?

I know he traveled to VT... but did SHE travel to Texas?

Just trying to figure out what her parents did or did not do.....

Did you find the safe???

I am still wondering where our local sleuthers are and why they are not out trying to find that dag gum safe....it didn't just disappear!!!! :banghead:
Very funny...anyone for a road trip?!!

Does anyone think, but for AR's help, Brooke's murder may never have taken place. I mean, AR went to school and was around normal people. So, why didn't she just say no or tell someone in authority at the school about what was happening?

Is there a half way underground driveway into the courthouse there? LE will usually drive the inmate there and especially the high profile ones. If not, someone could have gotten a picture of him.
Not all have that option, I was able to catch a few shots of Joseph Duncan being led in shackles to the Court House and he had quite a long way to walk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_by_the_United_States_federal_government
snip/

First Degree Murder

Murder in the perpetrated or in the attempt to perpetrate any arson, escape, murder, kidnapping, treason, espionage, sabotage, aggravated sexual abuse or sexual abuse, child abuse, burglary, or robbery

/snip

Looks to me like they are going to use that reasoning above when they pursue capitol murder charges on MJ.

They seem to cover the whole gamut of what he did to Brooke.

Does anyone think, but for AR's help, Brooke's murder may never have taken place. I mean, AR went to school and was around normal people. So, why didn't she just say no or tell someone in authority at the school about what was happening?

It's not that simple. My sister let it go on for over 10 yrs before telling. She was 22 when she finally got the courage.

At one point she lived 3 hours away in college, he would go there on weekends, she would still comply. They brainwash you. It's so scary and so hard to understand. I too was molested (not by the same family member), but I told right away...my sister, she just couldn't....I was angry at first, asking, 'how could you let this go on for so long w/o telling??"....It was when he molested my other sister that my oldest sister got him to leave the house w/just her, still not telling, but getting him away from us.

I do not believe that blame should be put on AR, she was a victim.

Yes, I think AR's cooperation is a big reason for Jacques believing he could get away with it.

To the rest of your question..as far as her telling authorities, prior to the email exchanges about abducting Brooke, we don't know of any evidence that would have substantiated her allegations. A 14 year old sexually active girl who accuses her step father of rape doesn't have the best chance of getting justice without physical evidence to back her up.

I do think that she could have stalled for time, she could have put up roadblocks...not asking Brooke to sleep over when she said she would...there are a ton of things she could have done to try and prevent Brooke from being harmed, but it appears that she was willing and eager to see her suffer.

How can anyone NOT consider the "what ifs?"

LE & psychitarists will have to determine whether she was solely a victim & hadn't crossed the line to become a sexual predator herself.

She helped destroy Brooke plus she also helped frame her boyfriend to take the blame for the whole thing.

It's not that simple. My sister let it go on for over 10 yrs before telling. She was 22 when she finally got the courage.

At one point she lived 3 hours away in college, he would go there on weekends, she would still comply. They brainwash you. It's so scary and so hard to understand. I too was molested (not by the same family member), but I told right away...my sister, she just couldn't....I was angry at first, asking, 'how could you let this go on for so long w/o telling??"....It was when he molested my other sister that my oldest sister got him to leave the house w/just her, still not telling, but getting him away from us.

Oh, Christine...I am so sorry. But, your sister did try to protect family. Bless her soul.

Yes, I think AR's cooperation is a big reason for Jacques believing he could get away with it.

To the rest of your question..as far as her telling authorities, prior to the email exchanges about abducting Brooke, we don't know of any evidence that would have substantiated her allegations. A 14 year old sexually active girl who accuses her step father of rape doesn't have the best chance of getting justice without physical evidence to back her up.

I do think that she could have stalled for time, she could have put up roadblocks...not asking Brooke to sleep over when she said she would...there are a ton of things she could have done to try and prevent Brooke from being harmed, but it appears that she was willing and eager to see her suffer.

I think in this day & age.... even a sexually active girl making allegations against a known SO would result in IMMEDIATE protection for the child & family.

They just announced Ray Gagnon will be answering child *advertiser censored* charges in Alabama. Just announced on Fox News. I'll see if I can find a link.

So very sorry, christine2448.

Fox News just reported that Raymond Gagnon was charged with possession of child *advertiser censored* when he lived in Cullman, AL.

ETA Oops, I didn't see gigi's post above. Sorry, Gigi.

They just announced Ray Gagnon will be answering child *advertiser censored* charges in Alabama. Just announced on Fox News. I'll see if I can find a link.

I just saw that also. I am going to go to the U.S. Marshall's page, because the picture shown earlier on Fox News had U. S. Marshall Service across the top.
I think that just may be why he left the Cullman Alabama area!

I think in this day & age.... even a sexually active girl making allegations against a known SO would result in IMMEDIATE protection for the child & family.

So, they would take her out of her house, away from her mother and put her in foster care. Not much of an inducement to tell.

Then, if her allegations couldn't be substantiated and no charges were filed, she's back at home with her abuser. Not much of an inducment to tell.

I think people have an unrealistic view of how easy it is for these kids to come forward, be believed, and get justice. We like to think that ALL the child has to do is tell, and then the system takes over from there, the perp is convicted and goes to jail. But, statistics don't really support that from what I have see4n.

How horrible. You were very brave.

As you said, people react differently.... some are more able to find the strength & some just can't.

I don't think people are blaming AR... they're trying to figure out what kind of help she needs & they can only do that if they know what she did or did not do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member