Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he killed her during a rape... he was out of control to rape her in the first place... using oxygen deprivation during rape gets some guys their jollies... he probably couldn't stop so maybe he strangled her?

If LE has reason to keep his picture out of the general public, maybe it's better not to scan????

It would be a shame if ANYTHING hurt the prosecution's case.

It is my understanding the photo was in the Burlington Free Press yesterday.

I believe he said he 'killed a 12 year old Arizona girl.'

Therefore, the girl could technically have been FROM Arizona instead of IN Arizona.

That's if that claim was even true.... it's also possible he just said that to scare the victim.

Please, could someone clarify for me- I've seen posts here implying that he's used this story in two different situations now. Is this true, or am I confused again? Difficult to keep up with all of the threads.

Of course, even if he did use it twice, that doesn't necessarily make it true- could just be a stock lie he uses to intimidate people.

If he killed her during a rape... he was out of control to rape her in the first place... using oxygen deprivation during rape gets some guys their jollies... he probably couldn't stop so maybe he strangled her?

I lean toward strangulation as COD also, but I cannot wrap my mind around this much ultra elaborate planning to just rape her and kill her immediately. Something went wrong with whatever plan Jacques had..

I totally agree - I would not want ANYTHING to hurt the chances of these scumbags getting convicted.

However, if that was the case, they'd be less likely to publish it locally because this is where the jurors will be taken from. That could hurt the case more.

I think the reason it was not in the online version is because they have limited picture space and since the article was about Brooke, they chose to use a lovely picture of her instead...which I agree with.

Thanks VTGirl.

I'm SURE the paper cleared this with authorities. So far, we can see the media has been VERY responsible in their reporting... it's clear they are on the same page as LE.

Not opposing his detention could be a sign he's cooperating.

The way things look for him, he has to know he's much safer inside than if he was free. If either one of these spos's were to be released I would bet they'd be "taken down" in less than 24 hours!

VB

VT, was the pic a mugshot or another type?

Please, could someone clarify for me- I've seen posts here implying that he's used this story in two different situations now. Is this true, or am I confused again? Difficult to keep up with all of the threads.

Of course, even if he did use it twice, that doesn't necessarily make it true- could just be a stock lie he uses to intimidate people.

My recollection, which could be wrong is that he told his 18 year old victim about having killed a little girl in/from Arizona.

AR's crytic references to the first girl/second girl gets her throat slit could be the same reference or something else he told her.

It sounds like its part of his stock arsenal of mind control tactics, my bet is he never killed anyone before Brooke.

I was the one who posted that his picture was on the front page of the Burlington Free Press yesterday. No, in that picture he was not bald...I don't think he is the same guy at the MJ arraignment...that man was thinner than RG is. If my scanner was hooked up, I'd scan it for you but we just moved recently and it's not hooked up yet. :(

Well, the pic that Fox news showed looked exactly like the guy in the court room at Jacques arraignment. The guy in the black T-Shirt at the arraignment was not really very slim and has big arms!

I lean toward strangulation as COD also, but I cannot wrap my mind around this much ultra elaborate planning to just rape her and kill her immediately. Something went wrong with whatever plan Jacques had..

I DEFINITELY agree here.

After over a month (that we KNOW of!) of planning & leaving a 'paper' trail of their plans....

it surely seems as if he/they were in a big rush all of a sudden & got very 'sloppy' about the coverup.

And I just don't think MJ would have ever brought up sharing 'time' with the victim IF the plan was to kill her that same day.

That we know of...if he's got $1000 to drop on weirdo sex instruments he's got money for a video camera...I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if he had video footage of AR...but I don't think he was selling it to anyone. That may be part of why he ditched his hard drive..full of child *advertiser censored* and him abusing his step daughter.

Certainly possible, and even probable. Have we had any mention of actual video footage shot by him? I don't recall any, but that doesn't rule it out.

But video footage of Brooke's murder...I don't see it.

Nor do I.

I'm of the opinion that he did not intend to kill her immediately. He had either gone totally delusional and thought he could really 'initiate' her into his fake sex ring and get her to keep quiet, and when that failed he had to kill her or he killed her by accident. I don't see all that elaborate planning just to kill her in the first couple of hours.

Yeah- just doesn't add up otherwise.

Sorry if I have missed this info already...I have been searching and haven't found where this might be posted.....my question is this MJ's wife which is Brooke's Mom's sister has she spoken out about this? Is she standing by her husband or supporting Brooke? Fid she know about the abuse going on???

ISomething went wrong with whatever plan Jacques had..

I think the only thing that went wrong with his plan is LE was on to him from the get go..They weren't foiled by the mystery DNA, and AR sang like a canary.

This was a planned killing (with coverup) not an accidental killing. The machine would have resulted in damage requiring medical attention (most likely hospitalization)...He was not planning on a surviving victim to this sort of attack.

If he wanted to keep someone prisoner for weeks, months, or years, he would have selected a stranger for abduction, not a relative.

He was suspect #1 from the beginnning of the disappearance. If he wanted to keep a hostage while remaining free to terrorize her, he would have driven out of state and grabbed a stranger off the street.

This crime is about coveting what he sees every day, just like Westerfield.

The way things look for him, he has to know he's much safer inside than if he was free. If either one of these spos's were to be released I would bet they'd be "taken down" in less than 24 hours!

VB

You know what is odd, Vegas Bride? 'Take down' is a term used by LE and in jails/prisons. The 'tie-up' term was Jacques feeble attempt at terms.
They also have tasers in jails/prisons and most even have a restraint chair! The restraint chair would even scare Jacques. It is a 'time out' sort of punishment and is not used lightly, and not beyond a certain length of time.
There are stringent guidelines that have to be followed for using the pepper spray, taser, and the restraint chair.

Ray Gagnon - dumb
Jacques - dumber

I think the only thing that went wrong with his plan is LE was on to him from the get go..They weren't foiled by the mystery DNA, and AR sang like a canary.

This was a planned killing (with coverup) not an accidental killing. The machine would have resulted in damage requiring medical attention (most likely hospitalization)...He was not planning on a surviving victim to this sort of attack.

If he wanted to keep someone prisoner for weeks, months, or years, he would have selected a stranger for abduction, not a relative.

He was suspect #1 from the beginnning of the disappearance. If he wanted to keep a hostage while remaining free to terrorize her, he would have driven out of state and grabbed a stranger off the street.

If all he wanted to do was kill her he could have come up with a streamlined reason for going into the convenience store and them leaving separately, picked her up, raped and killed her and dumped her body. No accomplices. No email trail. He could have stuck to "I dropped her at the convenience store" and if no physical evidence could link him to her death he would have stayed free.

I agree the crime is about coveting what he sees every day, I just don't believe he meticulously planned this abducting involving at least 2 people in advance to kill her right away.

My theory is that he either thought he could scare/brainwash her into keeping quiet and submitting like AR did, or he was going to take her and hide her someplace, an under ground bunker or some remote location near his property, or she knew about the abuse and he feared she would tell authorities, but this doesn't really fit with taking so much time, if this was the case every day he didn't kill her risked his whole set up.

Tom'sGirl,
That guy looks exactly like the poster shot that Fox news showed for a second when they spoke of him before the arraignment. My large TV is about 6 feet from my desk. I was posting and I heard someone say Raymond Gagnon's name on TV, glanced over quickly, and saw the pic of him. That was the guy in the courtroom. If it isn't, then I will go in voluntarily and have laser surgery on my eyes!

***Fox has not shown it again. Yet.
Well, we'll just have to wait and see. The artist's sketch showed more hair and glasses. In any case, the photos are there for comparison.

MJ's arraignment was before Gagnon was arrested.

Maybe I'm confused. I thought Jacques arraignment was on Monday June 30.

Gagnon's affidavit says "On June 30, 2008 and July 1, 2008, GAGNON was interviewed by members of the Vermont State Police and the FBI."

I guess I assumed from that Gagon was in custody on the 30th and the 1st when they were questioning him and taking his statements.

Agree....his desire was THAT strong that it took over all else, because with his prior record, even he had to know that he would be the prime suspect.

Do we have a list of family members of Ray Gagnon's ?

Does he have a brother "Michael William Gagnon" age 46?
Busylady is our :gold_star: here when it comes to who's related, or associated with whom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member