Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I wonder if Brooke was like his forbidden fruit. He'd probably flirted with her and tried to get further and she wanted nothing of it. You know....the fact that he couldn't have her made her that much more a "must have" for him. And also...he must have known that she'd tell for sure....which makes me believe he'd tried something in the past and got the "are you sick" look or something. I wonder how she felt about him. If he was an "uncle creepy" to her. I'll bet he was.

He put a lot of planning into the emails and everything else. Well, a lot other than the fact that his IP would be traced..but you know what I mean. And they had to know that Brooke would for sure tell on AR.

He planned on having to kill her...just not quite that soon I think. Or something went wrong.

it is clear that they did not plan to kill her immediately, they specifically say that MJ was to get several hours with her, and that AR could also get time with her.

it is also clear that MJ knew brooke was not going to be released - EVER.

there was no intention of inducting her into a sexual training program, or sex ring. their intention is made clear in the limited emails the police have released - she is a threat, this "has to be done", she should suffer.

they planned her disappearance, framing someone else for it, they planned to rape and sexually torture her, this is all in MJ and AR's own words. there was no chance she could be let go after that, they knew this.

it is unmistakable that MJ knew he was going to have to kill brooke, and i would argue that it wasnt just an extremely likely outcome, but that it was his intention the whole time. i think just the evidence we know right now strongly supports that version of events.

I think that MJ was very foolish to put an immediate bullseye on himself by "finding" clothing of Brooke's and by calling the police at 1 a.m. to see how the investigation was going.

I couldn't agree with you more, nanandjim. I think MJ's adrenaline was pumping full blast and a second in time was like an hour. He was panicking and felt like he HAD to do something...he HAD to find out what was going on with the police. I believe that he actually thought he could 'snow' the police - he thought that he was smarter than the police. Thank God he - like the vast majority of criminals - is as stupid as he is!

I don't know if he was trying to frame the boyfriend, though. I think that he wanted semen to make it look like "someone else" was responsible for Brooke's disappearance. This would go hand-in-hand with the Myspace conversations.

I think that MJ was very foolish to put an immediate bullseye on himself by "finding" clothing of Brooke's and by calling the police at 1 a.m. to see how the investigation was going.

This guy was also very, very foolish because of the setup and his police record. Brooke was last seen with him. The police would naturally have to eliminate him first before moving outside of the family circle. Of course, they were going to check him out and talk to him and AR. Plus, even with family members who do not have records, they request that they take lie detector tests. They didn't even need to get that far with him.

I have to think that this guy was in a sexual frenzy and for some reason thought that he could get away with this. Although this was planned, it was not well planned, in the least. Perhaps, subsconsciously, he wanted to get caught.

Here are my possible motives/theories.

1. Jacques ability to control AR gave him a false belief he could control Brooke...his plan was to hold her hostage for a few days [or longer] in the belief he could cow her into submission, as he had done AR. Her death was an accident.

2. Jacques was obsessed with Brooke...he either planned to hold her hostage and then kill her or hold her hostage until he thought she would knuckle under like AR.

3. Brooke had some suspicions about Jacques and AR/Jaques had made some overtures to Brooke...he was afraid she would tell authorites or her father and so she was abducted with the idea of raping and killing her, time undetermined.

4. Same as number 3, only Jacques always intended to kill Brooke within the first 24-48 hours.

Reading this makes me sad. I know people think that ALL the family should be there for the funeral..but sometimes someone has to take them outside. It is a distraction when young kids act up. Yes, I know, they are kids, they're going to...but this is the last moment everyone else has with the deceased as well.

Instead of having big brother chase after him or grandpa try to control him, perhaps a family friend could have been designated to take him outside if he started screaming. I felt sorry for Savanna....Cyrus was a distraction.

"I don't know if he was trying to frame the boyfriend, though. I think that he wanted semen to make it look like "someone else" was responsible for Brooke's disappearance. This would go hand-in-hand with the Myspace conversations. "

true enough, maybe he didnt intend to frame the boyfriend but just deflect from himself. but my point there is actually that it goes to show that he is obviously aware of the fact that brooke is going to be missing, there was no chance he was going to have a sex session with her and then just threaten her not to tell anyone and let her go home.

the need to collect the semen shows that he is planning on making brooke "go away" for good imo.

Why kill her? Why did they have to kill her? Did she know something? Was it just for their pleasure? If so, how many more are there we may not know about? :mad::furious:

I read PO McNaughton´s comment about MJ and what he´d done to that 18 yo girl. He told that MJ "had assembled a “rape kit” which he kept in his car" and he nearly killed that girl but released her when she promised she would fabricate a story. He believed then that she wouldn´t tell anyone but now he knew he´d had to kill his victim. I believe he was tired of AR, it was getting too easy for him and he wanted a challenge. IMO he wanted to rape and kill and have someone (AR) for later use to play that act again.

Ok, I know I'm not crazy. I clicked on every affidavit and I don't get any that are three pages long. And one I click on shows up blank and says it's not a PDF file. Can someone please help me out??? I really really want to read this.

Grandfather's farm? What may have happened there earlier in his life? Do we know what this area was speficially used for, if anything? "Killing spot" could simply indicate a place where animals were slaughtered.

Just speculating off the top of my head.

The spot is in a wooded area, near the old sugarhouse, so I doubt it was used as a legitimate killing spot in everyday life on the farm. A place like that would be situated much closer to the main outbuildings.

Ok, I know I'm not crazy. I clicked on every affidavit and I don't get any that are three pages long. And one I click on shows up blank and says it's not a PDF file. Can someone please help me out??? I really really want to read this.

Mrs. Mush- PM me your email and I will email you that affidavit.:)

I couldn't agree with you more, nanandjim. I think MJ's adrenaline was pumping full blast and a second in time was like an hour. He was panicking and felt like he HAD to do something...he HAD to find out what was going on with the police. I believe that he actually thought he could 'snow' the police - he thought that he was smarter than the police. Thank God he - like the vast majority of criminals - is as stupid as he is!

Maybe he'd been successful in wielding control over little kids for so long he fancied himself a master at it and duped himself into believing he would have the same genius success with the police. I don't think he was in a panic. It's apparent he planned the murder. He called police to manipulate them, thinking he was going to be self-appointed leader of their investigation. The man is a fool.

I have read each and every post since this case broke, cannot stop thinking of Why they had to kill Brooke.....

I think that there MAY have been some truth to the fake email that MJ wrote, supposedly from Brooke ....( paraphrasing here) " Sorry I was such a baby, will try to do better next time"

I think that Brooke knew what was going on, had already been "initiated into Breckinridge" in some fashion, but wanted OUT....
which would have ended the whole game for MJ and RG......the whole gig would have been up.....
so she had to be taken out.....
that is my opinion only, and I do think that they used her cousin to help to get her into it, perhaps Brooke had looked up to her at one time.....now the cousin would have to help "fix the problem"

Well, then he is dumber then I thought. Wouldn't they be able to tell how OLD the semen was when it was tested???

Humm... I would assume so unless it had maybe been kept frozen until needed... :confused:

Maybe you might need to upgrade your Adobe reader. I had the same problem until I upgraded. Just google Adobe reader and it has a free upgrade. Only takes a few seconds to install and you'll be able to read the pdf files.

The statements about what Denise found are at the bottom of this affidavit.

http://blackpearl.wcax.com/documents/Jacques_affidavit.pdf

I think the purpose of the semen and the "finding" of the sneaker was to get MJ dismissed as a suspect. He knew that by planting a sneaker, LE would conduct a search that would reveal the panties. He volunteered to give a DNA sample, knowing it wouldn't match the semen on Brooke's underwear.

Maybe he thought he'd be home free, not realizing that dumping the baggie at the same place would negate the value of the non-matched DNA.

Getting rid of his hard drive instead of simply replacing it with a "clean" one was also not too bright.

I totally agree with you. It started from the beginning of his relationship with the mother. I would love to know what Savannah has to say. It could be very possible that some things happened concerning her, but she just didn't tell her mother. MJ might have exposed himself to her, or AR may have let the cat out of the bag. I am wondering why "Breckenridge" was mad at her. MJ said some pretty disparaging remarks about Savannah. It had to be for a reason. Perhaps, she rejected him. I don't know, but something happened. Of course, Brooke was younger and more naive. He targeted her, perhaps, to get even with Savannah in some way. Heavy speculation, of course.

Rejection might just be it - or one of the things that happened. Brooke was described by her friends as "a strong-willed girl who stood up for herself" and if she rejected him/laughed at him could be too much for him.
JMO.

okay...here's another question I have regarding that semen...can't they tell how old it is?? Not to be gross.. but can't they??

I was under the impression that the semen was collected the same day that Brooke was abducted.

I just finished reading the affidavit and AR stated that she drove away with Juvenile 2 and collected semen like she was told to do.

ETA: I just went and reread that section again. It does not state WHEN AR collected the semen. This whole case is totally confusing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties