Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I again, disagree...why post (and they were bolded too) the entire minors name...again, we have been doing just great w/intials.....but, enuff said. As long as rules are being followed as a mod my hands are tied...as a poster, I will post my opinions and that's what I am doing here :)
OK...It is dropped and I won't mention it again. Let's hope others do the same. :mad: I didn't bring it up in the first place! (See post #194 for explanation.)

Sorry, I thought I WAS following the rules! :confused:

On the funeral....a lot of these cases and people pull at our heart strings and while I'm not able to attend....I like to see and hear the service and grieve as well. I was going to say pay my respects, but the family has no idea I'm viewing, but I do appreciate them broadcasting them so that we can see and grieve too. Make any sense?????

I don't get the fascination with identifying, name or trying to ID who these minors are or who people are in funeral photographs, or what their relationship is to the key players. it seems totally irrelevant to the case.

But, I also thought it was highly inappropriate for the funeral to be broadcast on TV and fror the media to be allowed to freely take photos.

I guess I come from the dying breed who think that unless you are a head of state or a celebrity that a funeral is a solemn and private matter that is not compatible with TV cameras and photographers.

I'm sorry if I caused a problem being curious about CJ its not that I wanted his name just the first I had heard that she had a boyfriend I was (glad to hear that he is in Texas) better she was looking forward to seeing him and not gagnon, Again sorry for problem.

Is there a thread or post someone can please point me towards that gives me a brief overview of Brooke's case. I'm getting confused trying to go through posts to piece things together.

I know MJ is Brooke's uncle and RG is her former step-father. Are they both being held on murder charges or just *advertiser censored*? Were they in this together?

Thanks in advance. I'm coming to Brooke's story late. :(

On the funeral....a lot of these cases and people pull at our heart strings and while I'm not able to attend....I like to see and hear the service and grieve as well. I was going to say pay my respects, but the family has no idea I'm viewing, but I do appreciate them broadcasting them so that we can see and grieve too. Make any sense?????

I understand that people get emotionally involved and want to feel a part of things, so I can see why people would want to see the funeral. But, truth is, people want to see all kinds of things that are inappropriate. I'm sure if they televised executions they would get fantastic ratings. But, its not appropriate, neither is televising the funderal of a 12 year old girl who died under horrific circumstances.

But, like I said, I'm old fashioned. I don't agree with the need to report verbatim graphic information or for the public to see the autopsy reports or all kinds of voyeristic things that are done in the name of the public's right to know or society's increasingly narcissistic tendency of posting/photographing/blogging about what used to be private life.

Elley Mae, I was also curious about the "cj" initials, for whatever reason. (I can assure everyone, it was nothing sinister, just curiousity as part of following the case.) I thought I'd resolved that it may be Brooke's 9 yr old cousin, AR's sister. I'd never even considered her little half-brother.

BTW, :Welcome-12-june: to WS to you! And, any other new members I've missed! :)

I understand that people get emotionally involved and want to feel a part of things, so I can see why people would want to see the funeral. But, truth is, people want to see all kinds of things that are inappropriate. I'm sure if they televised executions they would get fantastic ratings. But, its not appropriate, neither is televising the funderal of a 12 year old girl who died under horrific circumstances.

But, like I said, I'm old fashioned. I don't agree with the need to report verbatim graphic information or for the public to see the autopsy reports or all kinds of voyeristic things that are done in the name of the public's right to know or society's increasingly narcissistic tendency of posting/photographing/blogging about what used to be private life.
We aren't exactly normal people here. We are about as involved in these cases as you can get without actually being a part of LE or the media. We got into this case because we had a missing 12 year old girl who vanished under suspicious circumstances. When we get into a case that takes such obvious horrific turns, we are going to continue to investigate. We also become very emotionally involved because we do care about the people we come to "know" on a certain level. It is hard not to.

If a person is adverse to investigating everything that comes out in a case...they need to understand it is what we do here. We research every detail and try to piece together what actually took place. Sometimes the details are very gruesome, but they are essential parts of the investigation. They wouldn't be released if there were not some logical reason for LE having done so. I don't consider us as "voyeristic" or as having a "narcissistic tendency of posting/photographing/blogging about what used to be private life".

I don't know of many high profile cases where they don't show the funeral or at least the people coming and going. It may not fall under the public's right to know, but I haven't heard many families who are truly offended by it either. The public is and has been notably supportive of the families in such cases.

I think that's why a lot of families decide to allow tv cameras --- because they realize they received a lot of media attention to their loved one's case; which thus generated many people nationwide becoming emotionally invested in their loved one.

I think families of crime victims have the right to those choices, and for me personally, I fully respect their decisions. (So yes, it makes sense to me!)

Questions?

Denise is Jacques' wife? Does she support him? Is she involved?

AR is Denise's daughter. Is that correct?

Denise and Brooke's mom are sisters. Is that correct?

I'm so confused. :confused:

We aren't exactly normal people here. We are about as involved in these cases as you can get without actually being a part of LE or the media. We got into this case because we had a missing 12 year old girl who vanished under suspicious circumstances. When we get into a case that takes such obvious horrific turns, we are going to continue to investigate. We also become very emotionally involved because we do care about the people we come to "know" on a certain level. It is hard not to.

If a person is adverse to investigating everything that comes out in a case...they need to understand it is what we do here. We research every detail and try to piece together what actually took place. Sometimes the details are very gruesome, but they are essential parts of the investigation. They wouldn't be released if there were not some logical reason for LE having done so. I don't consider us as "voyeristic" or as having a "narcissistic tendency of posting/photographing/blogging about what used to be private life".

I don't know of many high profile cases where they don't show the funeral or at least the people coming and going. It may not fall under the public's right to know, but I haven't heard many families who are truly offended by it either. The public is and has been notably supportive of the families in such cases.

We're going to to have to agree to disagree on the relevance of knowing the names of various minors and relatives in photos, AR's half sister's names, and so forth in terms of the actual case of Brooke Bennett's abduction and murder. The only exception I would make is information on AR's boyfriend because he IS involved in the case and information about him could be helpful to figure out what he might have known or not known, but he's a minor and so far LE hasn't given the faintest hint that he had any knowledge of Brooke's fate.

I wasn't speaking of this web site as voyeristic and narcissistic, more of the FaceBooke/MySpace generation that will post and blog about the most private information, their sex lives, drug use, post photos of themselves in compromising situations and seemly not care that it will be available for anyone who has a mind to find it forever.

Questions?

Denise is Jacques' wife? Does she support him? Is she involved?

AR is Denise's daughter. Is that correct?

Denise and Brooke's mom are sisters. Is that correct?

I'm so confused. :confused:

Yes Denise is Jacques wife,.. we have no CLEAR idea if she supports him or is involved,.. but IMO I think she is supporting him and she KNEW way more than she let on

AR is Denise's daughter from a previous marriage
and Denise and Cassandra (BRooke's mom) are sister, but I recently found out that they aren't even blood related. There mom's and dad's are both different but they grew up together

Yes Denise is Jacques wife,.. we have no CLEAR idea if she supports him or is involved,.. but IMO I think she is supporting him and she KNEW way more than she let on

and Denise and Cassandra (BRooke's mom) are sister, but I recently found out that they aren't even blood related. There mom's and dad's are both different but they grew up together

I heard that Denise is NOT supportive of MJ. I'm not sure if it's true or not though.

I do not agree w/how the funeral was handled or the children being 'displayed'.......however,

:clap::clap::clap:That is a rockin' post SS! So true! I especially liked your first line. :crazy:

Thank you so much for the info!

Ain't it the truth, Christine?! LOL I know many that love to read real life crime novels, but not any that sleuth them like we do. I would say that makes us not the norm. :crazy:

I think that was AR

(c) A June 20, 2008, an email from a person using the email address "ChevyPickup" <*******@*********> to JUVENILE 1 states:

Friday, June 20, 2008, 2:02 pm
To: [JUVENILE 1 email address"]

2nd paragraph of this email on page 11 and 12 of affadavit

"I suppose you already heard, but C wants to postpone Monday now until Wednesday or Thursday. I kind of agree because that way you won't have to worry about you aunt showing up or anything, plus the c*** Savanna works those days too."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13