Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No question he took her to Cumberland Farms to be videotaped...he even spoke to the cashier about Brooke to make sure he was seen and heard and to further bulk up his alibi/false story of Brooke meeting someone for the hospital trip.

Are we sure it wasn't Gagnon's laptop since he lived at the same address as Kevin?

You're right 11 hours is a long time, but I still don't think he intended to kill her right away, but maybe he did. In the back of my mind I wonder if he didn't have some bunker somewhere that he was planning on holding her hostage for weeks/months until he finally killed her....I tend to think his plan involved Brooke staying alive for a lot longer and her body never being found...but that doesn't explain what he wanted Juvenile 2's semen for...still so many unanswered questions as to why he set it all in motion and what his actual plan was...

ITA with this theory.

If he simply wanted to kill Brooke.... why all the planning & the trail that leads straight back to MJ & AR?

I believe MJ planned on hiding her in a secure location while LE was busy looking out of state but her death was accidental & that threw the whole plan into disarray.... he started making stupid mistakes like calling RG & warning him to save his *advertiser censored*.

I think the semen was simply to bolster the 'fact' that some out of town stranger picked Brooke up, raped her & abducted her. It's highly likely that they had MORE plans for directing attention away from VT but never got a chance to implement them because LE were on to them so early on through their own emails & MySpace log-ons.

I think that AR will be given full immunity, assuming she needs it for whatever he role was in Brooke's death, assuming she had one. However, its my opinion that the affidavidt w/ AR's emails was released for a purpose, which was to make public her admitted role in Brooke's abduction...this could be for several reasons, including putting pressure that she gets some kind of help or preventing her from fully abdicating any responsibility. So far nothing negative about Juvenile 2 has come out, but that doesn't necessarily mean he had no knowledge.

I believe they charged Jacques with kidnapping because they want him to get the DP and for no other reason. He could easily plead guilty in return for LWOP charged by the state. The Feds conviction percentages are amazingly high, though it does vary by district. Given what is already known publicly about Jacques I would say we are already at about a 97% chance for conviction...I just don't see any deals coming for Jacques.

They're putting the full squeeze on Gagnon, charging him w/child *advertiser censored* possesion in 3 different states...not sure about consecutive vs. concurrent sentences would work in a case like this. I'm on the fence w/Gagnon...I don't need to see him in jail for 30 or 40 years until I see evidence of what he knew about Brooke and when.

I read the Texas charges that they found his laptop in the searches...otherwise not sure what concrete evidence they would have for his possession of child *advertiser censored* since an uncorroborated statement I don't think is enough...but maybe it is for probable cause. I still don't see anyone else other than maybe Kevin being charged in relation to the child *advertiser censored*...so far Gagnon is also ONLY charged w/possession nothing about distribution....

Great post. I don't disagree at all.

We're both speculating (with next to no concrete info. lol) & I think we both have valid & logical arguments.

It sure will be interesting to see how this all unfolds. I can't imagine how this is affecting the people close to the victim or the kids who knew AR. How does this community begin to heal? :confused:

That's what I don't understand,it seems that when this date was decided he would have realized he had previous engagements.

It's not like they get together and compare dates ahead of time. The judge or the court administrator sets a date and everybody else has to respond. The lawyer probably knew right away and filed the motion.

"High profile" cases don't get priority.

Also, the prosecution doesn't seem interested in rushing this.

Sorry if this has alreay been posted.

Brooke Bennett's Former Stepfather Faces More Charges

8689872_BG1.jpg

8689872_BG2.jpg

San Antonio, Texas - July 17, 2008
Brooke Bennett's former stepfather is now facing federal charges in Texas where he lives.
40-year-old Ray Gagnon was charged in Vermont earlier this month with obstruction of justice. FBI agents say he hindered the investigation into Brooke's kidnapping and murder by tampering with a computer.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8689872&nav=4QcRbg3i

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but anyone know why MJ called RG to change the info on mysace? If he had already accessed the myspace earlier to change info, why wouldn't he just access it again to change whatever he asked RG to change?

Liz, according to this press release by the Texas US Attorney's office, it's 10 years on possession and 5 years on the transportation...both federal charges.

"Upon conviction, Gagnon faces up to ten years in federal prison and a maximum $500,000 fine on the possession charge and up to five years in federal prison and a maximum $250,000 fine on the transportation charge."

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/press_releases/2008/Gagnon_indictment.pdf

Ahhh, thanks ... I get it now. The article I referenced said 10 yrs for possession and 5 years for possession. So somebody didn't proofread before publishing.

I am curious to know if "transportation" includes electronic transmission or if it has to be physical transportation. Seems like it would be hard to prove someone physically transported something after the fact. How would they know you had it on your person unless they actually caught you with it.

Not sure, but I would guess that it would.

<snip>I also think people should be prepared for this cae to take YEARS to come to trial...although the Feds usually move more quickly than state courts, this is going to be a DP case and its under a new law, so the anti DP lawyers will delay and appeal this to the end of time if they can.

Medea, can you please explain what you're referring to as being under a new law? TIA!

VT does NOT have the DP. The federal Kidnapping charge w/ death resulting can impose the DP. I dont think it has anything to do w/ crossing state lines as Brooke never left the state. It has to do w/ the fact that the internet was used to orchestrate the kidnapping.

Yep. This is the only reason the feds can claim jurisdiction.

I believe it was Gagnon's affidavit that stated it was landlords laptop,can't remember his name.Speaking of Gagnon,he also said he was with MJ and Juv1 June 2007 at a house in South Royalton, Was it not posted earlier that MJ's grandfather or Denise's and or Cassandra's Grandmother lived there,and was it ever found out that they did or did not live together at 1816?

No.

1816 E. Bethel Road is in Randolph Center, VT.
This is the residence of MJ's Grandfather. Public records also list Lilla Woodard as living at 1816 E. Bethel Road.

This is NOT the S. Royalton location mentioned with regard to MJ and RG.

No.

1816 E. Bethel Road is in Randolph Center, VT.
This is the residence of MJ's Grandfather. Public records also list Lilla Woodard as living at 1816 E. Bethel Road.

This is NOT the S. Royalton location mentioned with regard to MJ and RG.

And isn't Lila Woodard Denise's given name?

If you go to the ussearch website and type in lucinda milne, click on the "people report" button for the vermont result and it lists South Royalton, VT along w/ Randolph, VT and possible relative of Thomas Milne. Just pointing out the South Royalton reference that has been associated w/ Brooke's grandmother.....

If you go to the ussearch website and type in lucinda milne, click on the "people report" button for the vermont result and it lists South Royalton, VT along w/ Randolph, VT and possible relative of Thomas Milne. Just pointing out the South Royalton reference that has been associated w/ Brooke's grandmother.....
It all makes you kinda nauseous, doesn't it?!

ITA with this theory.

If he simply wanted to kill Brooke.... why all the planning & the trail that leads straight back to MJ & AR?

I believe MJ planned on hiding her in a secure location while LE was busy looking out of state but her death was accidental & that threw the whole plan into disarray.... he started making stupid mistakes like calling RG & warning him to save his *advertiser censored*.

I think the semen was simply to bolster the 'fact' that some out of town stranger picked Brooke up, raped her & abducted her. It's highly likely that they had MORE plans for directing attention away from VT but never got a chance to implement them because LE were on to them so early on through their own emails & MySpace log-ons.
you may be correct . i remember one of the very first statements from the media was that the police said brookes death either was an accident or, could have been an accident.

BTW, new poster here but have been reading since a few days after she disappeared, i had an account here a long time ago with a different case i allowed to consume my life, I swore I'd never let myself get so totally invested again, but at least i'm glad i remembered to come back here...so much information in one place, everyone here does an incredible job. Thought it was about time i contributed......

BTW, new poster here but have been reading since a few days after she disappeared, i had an account here a long time ago with a different case i allowed to consume my life, I swore I'd never let myself get so totally invested again, but at least i'm glad i remembered to come back here...so much information in one place, everyone here does an incredible job. Thought it was about time i contributed......
Welcome back, Shelby!

WB! Glad to have ya!

IMBY, I didn't say the house is were MJ, AR and RG got together,just the area. But it looks like MJ's grandfather,and Denise's Grandmother are residing in the same house. These family's can't stay away from each other. Birds of a feather flock together. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ