Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The articles I have read don't say. This one from Fox said the uncle and the cousin dropped her off. She was reported missing about 12 hours after she was dropped off. Yet, the clothing was found near the uncle's house where she had spent the night before.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,372224,00.html

I guess I am trying to make sense out of why the clothes she was wearing ended up right back where she started from. The only way this makes sense is if someone gave her a ride back to that location as the distance is too far to walk.

The 12 hour time frame is a lot of time between the convenience store and the reported missing.
my emphasis

That is very weird to me too, cp.

Which way was she heading when she walked away from that store?

Surveillance camera footage from the Cumberland Farms store showed Brooke being dropped off by her uncle and cousin, according to Covell. The footage, which police would not release, showed Brooke walking away from the store by herself, headed toward the village of Randolph, they said.
She hasn't been seen since.
A family member searching for her Thursday in Brookfield — near her uncle's home, where she spent the night — found items belonging to her near Route 65 that were similar to what she had been wearing, prompting an intensive search by police and dogs in the area of the Floating Bridge. Police wouldn't say what the items were.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,372726,00.html

I didnt realize the clothing had been found by a family member?

If the store was in Randolph and she was headed towards Randolph Village (which I'm assuming is a smaller part of Randoph?), can someone local explain the direction? Could that also mean she was heading back towards Braintree, where she lived?

I'm wondering if maybe Brooke, herself ditched the clothing for some brought with her and that she changed into which she thought made her look older and more attractive.

If this is a possibility it at least makes the similar clothing which has been found already have a more 'positive' than 'negative' meaning, if she put them where they were found, rather than someone else doing so.

I'm wondering if maybe Brooke, herself ditched the clothing for some brought with her and that she changed into which she thought made her look older and more attractive.

If this is a possibility it at least makes the similar clothing which has been found already have a more 'positive' than 'negative' meaning, if she put them where they were found, rather than someone else doing so.

But why would she go all the way back there to ditch the clothes instead of nearer to where she was dropped off? If she did go all the way back then this was a very planned runaway situation.

local reporter on ?Greta's show versus Nancy Grace said she was headed in the direction of downtown which was 1/2 block away. No one know's
where she went after that. I take it that downtown isn't that big.

I had read that she was last seen going south to Randolph Village. Below is a link to a google map showing the towns of Braintree, Randolph and Brookfield. Braintree is walking distance from Randolph. Maybe she wasn't meeting with anyone, but wanted to get something from the store and walk home. Which still would not explain her clothes ending back up in Brookfield.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...-72.68717&sspn=0.041969,0.075188&ie=UTF8&z=12

ETA: for all we know, she could have made it home.

This is awful. Is there a bus/train station that is local to this area?

But why would she go all the way back there to ditch the clothes instead of nearer to where she was dropped off? If she did go all the way back then this was a very planned runaway situation.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking, CP, that maybe it was very planned out...

(I'm just seriously trying to figure out some positive way to explain why her clothing was found where it was, which could give hope that she may still be found unharmed.)

the clothing was found near the uncle's home also...so he takes her to the store, drops her off...but her clothes are found near his property. Not accusing him of anything but just saying...I hope LE is looking at everybody.

This could go either way...that she left the clothes there as part of the runaway plan, a diversion and has gone off with somebody. Or, else, well, we know what the other possibility is.

I read her dad said she lied on MySpace and said she was 14...in her photos she does look older than 12, at least to me. Sounds like parents divorced, typical disciplinary stuff for a teen (pre-teen), small town, she wants some excitement.

Do her parents know if she took any money with her, I mean any substantial amount to get on a bus, for food, anything like that?

I do still have some hope she is out there alive somewhere...

the clothing was found near the uncle's home also...so he takes her to the store, drops her off...but her clothes are found near his property. Not accusing him of anything but just saying...I hope LE is looking at everybody.

Where did the story about the hospital trip with a friend come from? I assume the uncle since he gave her a ride there. Can her cousin back up that story? Did she tell anyone else that? And which family member found her clothing? The location of the clothes and the fact that it just happened to be visible on the side of the road is suspect to me.

I wonder where he was headed after he dropped her off. Town, maybe?

I am wondering that as well. I would think the LE are checking out camera's to stores in the town to see if she went there and maybe got picked up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper