Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another presser today?

Vermont State Police announced that they will hold a news conference today at 3:30 p.m. to update the public on their search for missing 12-year-old Brooke Bennett of Braintree. It's not clear at this time if there has been any break in the case. The Times Argus will update the story with news from that press conference.
http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080627/NEWS/422083530

so she spent the night before at her uncles and then he drives her to the store/drops her off the next night. So, was she at her uncle's house all day or did she ever go home. Why was she spending the night at her uncle's...was her mom out of town or something?

Has the identity of the friend Brooke said was supposed to pick her up been disclosed and have they been interviewed? Perhaps it was actually an older boy who could drive and they had plans to go back to Brookfield and hang out for the day.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080627/NEWS/331357055

(snip)
Police now believe that was a ruse, and that she may have been going to meet someone she'd been communicating online. Video from surveillance cameras at the store — released Friday — showed the girl walking away by herself, and she was seen about 45 minutes later inside the Randolph Village Laundromat, police said.

Baker wouldn't say whether she was alone at that point.

I wonder if she changed clothes in the bathroom at the laundromat, then dumped the clothes to offset people looking for her or even if the clothes they found was what she had on at the time she went missing. All they said is that 1 item was definitely hers, we don't know if it was clothing or what. I'm just thinking outloud here. Very concerned for this little girl.

Does the sister have an acct on myspace?

so she spent the night before at her uncles and then he drives her to the store/drops her off the next night. So, was she at her uncle's house all day or did she ever go home. Why was she spending the night at her uncle's...was her mom out of town or something?

She could have just been spending time with her cousin.

Lebanon NH???!!! Ok, that makes less sense than the myspace meetup. Who in their right mind would think that would be ok for a 12 year old girl?

That's the story she told her uncle to get him to drop her off, but there is no friend in the hospital. At least that's the way I read the story, but yea, he thought it was true and why would he allow her to do that without permission from the mom?!
I've also heard Brooke was spending the night with her cousin and the uncle took her to the convenience store instead of home.
The fact she spent the night means she probably had clothes with her, so she could've ditched what she had on in the river, and changed into something else.
Possible, right?

I pray shes just being a brat and planned this ruse in order to hang out with friends or something.
I really don't want another tragedy.

Vermont police on Friday released a surveillance video of a missing 12-year-old girl believed to have vanished when she went to see someone she met on MySpace.

State troopers had previously refrained from publicizing the footage, which was the last time Brooke Bennett of Braintree, Vt., was seen alive.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,372726,00.html

No link to the footage of the tape though. :confused:

I can't find where it said about a sneaker being found?

That link worked for me:
RANDOLPH, Vt. -- The sneaker of a 12-year-old girl who vanished after being dropped off at a Cumberland Farms in Randolph on Wednesday morning was found near Sunset Lake in Brookfield, Vt., Vermont state police said.

Police announced that the sneaker had been found at a press conference Friday afternoon. (more)

:(

You can't really go far without your sneakers. Her family should know if she may have taken extra clothes or shoes, but if she staged this...it seems quite advanced for someone turning 13. Unless she had help from the myspace "friend".

That video tape could show whether she had extra clothing etc if she's carrying something.

Thanks taximom, I just went back and now theres a new article that was not there before.

Hoping this young girl isn't in any danger. It sounds like she did have a plan to meet up with someone.
She was seen in a laundromat ... I also wonder if she changed her clothes there.
I pray that she is found safe and sound.

http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel08/card062708.htm

The FBI has dispatched five FBI agents from its Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) team to assist the Vermont State Police and our Albany Division in the search for missing 12-year-old Brooke Bennett. Additionally, two special agents from our Behavior Analysis Unit in Quantico, Virginia are en route to help (more at link)

It was just said on my local news that Brooke was also seen at the Dunkin Donuts. The news also said that the FBI is involved. That is also in this newspaper article;
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...0627/NEWS/80626034&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

BROOKFIELD — The search for a missing 12-year-old girl broadened Friday, as divers searched a lake, the FBI joined in and police investigators turned to officials at MySpace.Com, the online social networking site through which she had been communicating with an unknown person prior to her disappearance

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

http://www.wptz.com/news/16716971/detail.html

There is video on that link.

Instead, investigators suspect Bennett may have met up with someone she met online via the Web site Myspace.com.

They said Web site representatives have been cooperative in the investigation and that it is unclear if the person she may have met is a man or a woman.

Bennett was last seen at at the village laundromat or the Dunkin Donuts in Randolph, Vt., between 9:30 and 11 a.m. Wednesday, state police said.

Vermont state police colonel James Baker said he is "gravely" concerned about Bennett's wellbeing and that two agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigations are now working on the case full time. "We remain optimistic we will be able to find her safe," Baker said.

A five-person team of FBI agents who specialize in finding missing children have also been sent to Vermont to work on the case.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members