Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thread for the Vermont Legislature stuff and discussions. Please put all of it over here: Demand Change In Vermont Law http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2346109#post2346109

It's not just Vermont. There need to be sweeping changes all over the US! We read here every day and it never changes. I guarantee, if it were mostly boys and men being raped, prostituted and exploited, things would ALREADY be waaaaaaaaay different. Not a sexist view, just factual.

It's not just Vermont. There need to be sweeping changes all over the US! We read here every day and it never changes. I guarantee, if it were mostly boys and men being raped, prostituted and exploited, things would ALREADY be waaaaaaaaay different. Not a sexist view, just factual.
Jessica's law has already been passed in 33 states.
http://www.jmlfoundation.org/home.html

1. Alabama: Passed the Community Notification Act
2. Alaska: Passed Senate Bills 218 and 303
3. Arkansas: Passed the Child Protection Act
4. Arizona: Passed 13-1423 and 13-604.01
5. California: Passed Proposition 83
6. Connecticut: Passed Senate Bill 1458* (25-year mandatory sentencing, Gov. Rell signed into law 7/31/07)
7. Delaware: Passed Jessica’s Law (House Bill 404)
8. Florida: Passed Jessica’s Law
9. Georgia: Passed House Bill 1059
10. Indiana: Passed Senate Bill 0012 and House Bill 1155
11. Kansas: Passed House Bill 2567
12. Louisiana: Passed Senate Bills 164, 612-2006 (Act 663), 2 (Act 103), House Bill 80 (Act 24), House Bill 561 (Act 36)
13. Maryland: Passed House Bill 2* (2006), amended law by passing House Bill 930, Senate Bill 413 (March 2007, Gov. O’Malley signed into law 5/1707)
14. Michigan: Passed Jessica’s Law, House Bills 5421-22, 5531, and 5532
15. Missouri: Passed Jessica’s Law
16. Montana: Passed Senate Bill 547 (Gov. Schweitzer signed into law 5/11/07)
17. Nebraska: Passed Legislative Bill 1199
18. Nevada: Passed Senate Bill 341 (NRS 179B.250)
19. New Hampshire: Passed House Bill 1692-FN
20. North Carolina: Passed House Bill 1896* (legislation pending for 2008)
21. North Dakota: Passed House Bills 1216 & 1217, Senate Bill 2029 (Gov. Hoever signed into law 4/24/07)
22. Ohio: Passed Senate Bill 260
23. Oklahoma: Passed Senate Bill 631
24. Oregon: Passed House Bill 3511
25. Pennsylvania: Passed Senate Bill 944
26. Rhode Island: Passed the Jessica Lunsford Act
27. South Carolina: Passed Jessica’s Law*
28. Tennessee: Passed Jessica’s Law
29. Texas: Passed Jessica’s Law (House Bill 8)
30. Virginia: Passed House Bill 486
31. Washington: Passed House Bill 3277*
32. West Virginia: Passed The Child Protection Act of 2006
33. Wisconsin: Passed Jessica’s Law (AB 784 and 591)

Originally Posted by cheko1
I'm with you! I think the family knew way more, thats why they never wanted to call the police & report her missing.They gave MJ all the time in the world to rape, murder & bury her. The entire thing was totally premeditated.

The mom tonight asking for support.... That just blows me away, from the mom, aunt, Grandma & probably on down the line. She could of cared less about Brooke. It was her job as a mother to protect her babies. Instead she fed her to the worst of the worst.Nancy Grace even commented tonight that she never seen any tears in moms eyes.

To me that raises red flags all over the place that they at least were scared he did something to her.
Why would you not call immediately after finding out she's supposedly not with the uncle anymore, she supposedly with some friend off to a hospital, with no cell phone, and Brooke doesn't have a history of running away or taking off for hours, according to Jim Bennett. The mom wasn't a little upset!!
Why didn't they call and report her missing??

thinking back on the surv. video from the convenience store....

When I first watched it I noticed that Brooke was standing behind her uncle while he paid for something (which WAS NOT COFFEE...which he had claimed he purchased) with her arms crossed like she was waiting on him... She never looked around or out the windows as if looking for someone she was meeting up with. At the time it struck me as very odd...and now it nearly shouts at me to watch it again.

Leila, I too wonder what took so long in the reporting of her missing. Could it be related to parent work schedules?

Lots of stories about boys being raped by female teachers.....and to most of the media it's "ho-hum", especially if the teacher is cute. Of course, this is different. None of those boys were murdered. Thank God.

I don't know what it will take before judges, parole boards, politicians, etc. will realize that sex perverts cannot be treated and cured. I just don't know...:confused:

I hope I don't upset too many people, but I hope you will just take a second to hear (read??) me out...

Even though I don't agree with Brooke's mother in that she let Brooke visit her cousins' house when she knew an RSO resided there, I still feel very bad for her - she lost her youngest child! I am absolutely certain that she would give anything to 'undo' this, but it is just not possible. I guess I just hate pointing fingers at someone when they are not only down, but when they are at the absolute lowest place they could-or-will ever be.

I think it is possibleprobable that she may have even raised concerns about letting Brooke (and her other children??) go to their cousins' house when the RSO was there, and that people (sister, mother, etc.) could have very well convinced her that there was no reason to be concerned...

As we all know, sex offenders are very good at manipulating people...Jacques may very well have convinced everyone in his inner circle that the charges were a mistake...since the first victim (that we know of!) was 18 when the rape/kidnapping occurred, he may have even given the FALSE explanation that they were 'dating' and she was mad and made up the charges and he pleaded guilty out of the kindness of his heart so she would not be traumatized by having to testify...we all know that's not how it happened, but he may have been able to convince his family because that is what they wanted to believe...

I guess I am trying to request that we don't jump all over mom just yet - let's wait and see how this plays out...let's give her the benefit of the doubt for a bit.

I admit that I am not crazy about the way she handled the entire situation, but I am sure that she also is not crazy about the way she handled the entire situation!

I have always tried my hardest not to judge others, and to give people the benefit of the doubt.

A sincere 'thank you' for hearing me out...

:couch:

thinking back on the surv. video from the convenience store....

When I first watched it I noticed that Brooke was standing behind her uncle while he paid for something (which WAS NOT COFFEE...which he had claimed he purchased) with her arms crossed like she was waiting on him... She never looked around or out the windows as if looking for someone she was meeting up with. At the time it struck me as very odd...and now it nearly shouts at me to watch it again.

Leila, I too wonder what took so long in the reporting of her missing. Could it be related to parent work schedules?

I thought he did buy coffee and ciggs?

Do we know where Denise works?
She had to be somewhere that MJ thought he was safe to do his dirty deeds.
Cassandra, do we know if she has a job?

Thx again Christine! Goodnite all-
I appreciate the discourse and discussion.

concerning the continuing victimization of children in this country, and the possibility of people like us banding together to change what is broken, I quote Todd Beamer...

"Let's Roll!"

I read the affidavit I guess I must be blind because I couldn't find any place that said the Aunt or Mother knew about this. What page is it on?

amster,
In the video all I noticed (with my poor eyesight lol) was a small item that fit in his hand...like cigs or something. The coffee thing was part of his cooked up story with the other female victim...she was told to tell LE that the coffee sucked so they then went to Dunkin Donuts...

Either way....his coaching of the other victim certainly proves premed...

If you guys haven't checked out the other threads on this forum yet...feel free! (If you need help how to get there...just ask!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid