Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chica, I understand how you feel.
However, I don't remember all the details but, I think it was a brutal rape, handcuffed and beaten. She was also a co-worker.
Plus, he also had a Grand Larceny charge against him. I don't know what that was about.
There is a link to his crimes around here, someone may have it, and post it. :eek:
IMO

I hope I don't upset too many people, but I hope you will just take a second to hear (read??) me out...

Even though I don't agree with Brooke's mother in that she let Brooke visit her cousins' house when she knew an RSO resided there, I still feel very bad for her - she lost her youngest child! I am absolutely certain that she would give anything to 'undo' this, but it is just not possible. I guess I just hate pointing fingers at someone when they are not only down, but when they are at the absolute lowest place they could-or-will ever be.

I think it is possible/probable that she may have even raised concerns about letting Brooke (and her other children??) go to their cousins' house when the RSO was there, and that people (sister, mother, etc.) could have very well convinced her that there was no reason to be concerned...

As we all know, sex offenders are very good at manipulating people...Jacques may very well have convinced everyone in his inner circle that the charges were a mistake...since the first victim (that we know of!) was 18 when the rape/kidnapping occurred, he may have even given the explanation that they were dating and she was mad and made up the charges and he pleaded guilty out of the kindness of his heart so she would not be traumatized by having to testify...

I guess I am trying to request that we don't jump all over mom just yet - let's wait and see how this plays out...let's give her the benefit of the doubt for a bit.

I admit that I am not crazy about the way she handled the entire situation, but I am sure that she also is not crazy about the way she handled the entire situation!

I have always tried my hardest not to judge others, and to give people the benefit of the doubt.

A sincere 'thank you' for hearing me out...

:couch:

I understand you pov, and maybe tomorrow when I'm more calm, I'll feel some compassion for Cassandra.
However, you'll never convince me to feel anything but disgust for her sister Denise.
Sorry.

TL, It wasn't in the affidavits. It is just speculation here because the other cousin/victim was abused by this same man for five years right under her mother's nose...and he was also a known registered sex offender and the last one seen with Brooke. People here were just wondering why her mother let her be around this man and why so many hours passed since she had gone missing.

On the other hand, I forget who posted this earlier, but sex offenders are a very manipulitive bunch and they come up with all types of ways to instill a false sense of trust in victims and most likely the parents of said victims.

I read the affidavit I guess I must be blind because I couldn't find any place that said the Aunt or Mother knew about this. What page is it on?

In the affidavit agains MJ - Denise talks about finding her daughter in a towel, KY Jelly and child *advertiser censored* on the computer.

Salem

However, I don't remember all the details but, I think it was a brutal rape, handcuffed and beaten. She was also a co-worker.
Plus, he also had a Grand Larceny charge against him. I don't know what that was about.
There is a link to his crimes around here, someone may have it, and post it. :eek:
IMO

I TOTALLY agree that it was a HORRENDOUS rape...I was just giving an example of what he may have told his family/friends...I'll go back to my post and make it clear!!

Lots of stories about boys being raped by female teachers.....and to most of the media it's "ho-hum", especially if the teacher is cute. Of course, this is different. None of those boys were murdered. Thank God.

I don't know what it will take before judges, parole boards, politicians, etc. will realize that sex perverts cannot be treated and cured. I just don't know...:confused:

Nope - not the same. I'm not saying women can't be sexual predators, but it's NEVER the same. I'm not saying it's okay - but it's so very different.

I totally agree with you in that these freaks cannot be rehabilitated. I don't know what kind of studies the "authorities" do on these freaks, but they are not fixable. Jacques did 3 years for his prior offense (the one he was caught for!). How is that sufficient? He basically set up a "candy store" and he - and who knows how many others??? - were the kids! The family was definitely complicit - to what degree we have yet to learn. I guarantee, that house was built on child *advertiser censored*.

IMO
If they find the link...please post it on the new thread for Michael Jacques Media Links, too! Thanks!

Btw~ The details are that she was an 18yo co-worker in a fast food place. He and another person kidnapped her. He tied her hands, put a rope around her neck, stuffed a cloth in her mouth, and continually raped her for hours.

Thank you for your email. Due to the large number of emails received it may take a little time to respond. I will try to reply as soon as possible
Diane Snelling

oh....and also TL...the part about the aunt/wife of suspect, there was some info in that affidavit...that the mother came upstairs to her bathroom to find her daughter wrapped in a towel, ky jelly and an adult dvd in her marital bedroom, and a dry shower.... but when she asked what b was doing...b said she had taken a shower. The Aunt also found male and female child *advertiser censored* on the computer with children the same age as her daughter and a dildo in the child's bedroom.

TL, It wasn't in the affidavits. It is just speculation here because the other cousin/victim was abused by this same man for five years right under her mother's nose...and he was also a known registered sex offender and the last one seen with Brooke. People here were just wondering why her mother let her be around this man and why so many hours passed since she had gone missing.

On the other hand, I forget who posted this earlier, but sex offenders are a very manipulitive bunch and they come up with all types of ways to instill a false sense of trust in victims and most likely the parents of said victims.
It was in the affidavit of Michael Jacques. It wasn't speculation at all. It was direct testimony to LE from Denise Jacques (wife) and her daughter (AR) the other victim who led LE to both men. http://blackpearl.wcax.com/documents/Jacques_affidavit.pdf

Thank you for your email. Due to the large number of emails received it may take a little time to respond. I will try to reply as soon as possible
Diane Snelling
I beg of you guys to keep this on the other thread set up for just that purpose please. :)

ss...I fixed it...right about your post....number 135..

The speculation was on the part of the mother....sorry....

I read the affidavit I guess I must be blind because I couldn't find any place that said the Aunt or Mother knew about this. What page is it on?

MJ was a CONVICTED child sexual predator. The family knew that. It's not in the affidavit.

I understand you pov, and maybe tomorrow when I'm more calm, I'll feel some compassion for Cassandra.
However, you'll never convince me to feel anything but disgust for her sister Denise.
Sorry.
I agree...just not today and I can only say maybe for tomorrow. I am too angry. :furious:

Thanks! The affidavit I read didn't have any of this on it. If the Mother knew is it possible that's why they broke up :waitasec: After reading what Brooke wrote on her myspace it seems to me like she was sexually abused for a long time. The Mother's boyfriend might not be the first one who molested her. Not all Mothers know when their daughters are being abused However some do and they blame the daughter because they don't believe their boyfriend would ever do such a thing. It's easier for them to be in denial.

I am angry too....especially on the tails of reading about the mentally challenged kid being locked in a car for 17 hours and no one even went to look for him!

ss...I fixed it...right about your post....number 135..

The speculation was on the part of the mother....sorry....
Yes...the mother wasn't mentioned in the affidavits and we can only speculate on her possible involvement or neglectful treatment of Brooke. However, with this outcome...it is pretty obvious that she did neglect her and failed miserably to protect her.

Yes...the mother wasn't mentioned in the affidavits and we can only speculate on her possible involvement or neglectful treatment of Brooke. However, with this outcome...it is pretty obvious that she did neglect her and failed miserably to protect her.
Exactly...and well stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member