Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what evidence was found in the house that led them to Brookes grave?
I wondered the same thing. Was it something that mentioned the "sugarshack" or a map of some kind? It was only a quarter of a mile from the house, but it seemed to take them right to Crocker Road.

I would say it is more likely for her to have DID (Disassociative Identity Disorder) or MPD (Multi-Personality Disorder). Depending on really how young the abuse started, the brain can defend itself by creating different "compartments" for the abuse. While it is not as recognized by some in the Psychiatry/Psychology world, it does exist and this type of abuse is usually the root cause.

It enables the child to continue life seemingly normal under normal conditions with no memories of the abuse while it is ongoing. The split isn't known by the core personality until much later. Others will see the switches taking place long before the person becomes aware of them.

I agree and were it not for the public nature, with the details of this tragedy documented, the horrific recollections of this abuse might be brought into question by a therapist or psychologist. Afterall, it is all so terribly horrendous that it makes it difficult to comprehend that a criminally perverted mind could be so warped as to destroy his own family this way .

Thankfully, at least, there will now be no question of embellishment of the details.

I can't stop thinking about this case . . . is it possible that AR could be a psychopath (therefore, have no feelings about aiding MJ in luring Brooke into "Breckenridge")? Being that she has been abused since she was at least 9 years old . . . I would think she would have to go 'somewhere else' in her mind to be able to continue to live a somewhat 'normal' life . . . I just feel so bad for her . . .

Does anyone have any knowledge about the possibility of her becoming a psychopath (or maybe narcissist?) as a result of the horrible abuse she has endured over all these years, beginning at such a young age?

I guess we can look to Shawn Hornbeck as one whom has come back from a nightmare such as this and appears to be recovering and doing well. He too was forced into aiding in the abduction and abuse of another child. Unlike AR though, Shawn wasn't betrayed by every member of his family. I think that's where it will be so hard for AR, she apparently is still with and has to look at these people everyday. Where does she go now to start over?

Why do you think she is still with them? If so, they are doing her a horrible injustice by leaving her in their midst! She needs to be away from everyone that helped to perpetrate this on her including the mother, aunt, and grandmother.

There is a huge difference between Hornbeck and AR. Shawn was kidnapped, tortured, and kept away long enough for him to be "stockholmed" for lack of a better phrase. AR was raised to believe this way and never knew any different. She was obviously abused long before she was 9 yo. I believe the letter at 9 was only to allow them to continue with the abuse on a different level and with a stronger control over her.

While they both did aid in helping their perps, Shawn has a much better chance of recovery, imo. Brooke being murdered certainly will be a guilt that AR has to live with from now on and to know she took part in. Not only does it add tenfold to her survivor's guilt, but she actively participated to set up the rape and murder of her cousin.

The names mentioned.. Corey and Kevin...

We can assume we know who Kevin probably is since Kevin disposed of the safe w/the laptop in it in Texas.

I wonder if Corey ('Raker') is AR's boyfriend's name...???

Has the age of her boyfriend been publicized?

Is 18 or older? If under 18, it's probably not him as they would not release it...:waitasec:

Why do you think she is still with them? If so, they are doing her a horrible injustice by leaving her in their midst! She needs to be away from everyone that helped to perpetrate this on her including the mother, aunt, and grandmother.

As much as I hope otherwise, I have seen nothing to indicate that she is anywhere else. I am very fearful that she is still with her mother, grandma, aunt, great-uncle Storm, and the rest of them who did nothing to help her.

The names mentioned.. Corey and Kevin...

We can assume we know who Kevin probably is since Kevin disposed of the safe w/the laptop in it in Texas.

I wonder if Corey ('Raker') is AR's boyfriend's name...???

Has the age of her boyfriend been publicized?

Is 18 or older? If under 18, it's probably not him as they would not release it...:waitasec:

I believe in one of the news articles out today, it referenced the new affidavit released today (has anyone seen that yet?) that AR's boyfriend is a minor...

Me too! I can't comprehend how so many adults let Brooke and her cousin down. I can't believe no one knew this was going on with her cousin for 5 years and no one did one single thing to stop it until someone outside the family stepped and reported Brooke missing.

But someone did know.

Brooke's aunt -- the piece of scum's wife -- she knew. She found her own daughter with a sex toy and lubricant, yet chose to believe that her daughter was holding the items for a friend. It's in the affidavits. You can read it for yourself.

The problem in this country seems to be that the "powers that be" feel these perpetrators can somehow be rehabilitated. Yet... time after time....we see for a fact that is not the case.

Someone must protect the children.

As long as there are people who choose to keep "family secrets"...... who choose to stay in denial...... who allow themselves to be manipulated so that they cannot accept common sense or logic...... as long as there are women out there who are willing to sacrifice their sweet babies to have a man in their bed, a roof over their heads or to just not be alone....... all of our children remain in danger.

We must be loud. We must be vocal. We must scream, shout and stomp our feet and be heard. We must change the system.

We must.

IMO, the reason you are having difficulty understanding how these men could plan and carry out their perverted evil acts, is that you seem to be looking at them using the operative word "normal". There is nothing about these two which we can consider "normal". They are pure EVIL, warped and demented.
Thankfully, this persona usually comes along with a terribly inflated ego which makes them believe that their cunning is intellectually superior, which in this case, the Vermont State Police and the Feds have gloriously proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to be only a figment of their own imaginations.

Without a doubt Angelwngs!
They are the scum of the earth & nothing normal about them. I just can't comprehend how or why anyone could / would have such a conversation. :eek: :furious: :furious: :furious:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080703/NEWS01/80702039

Prosecutors say the Vermont man charged with kidnapping his 12-year-old niece — who was found dead near his home — could face the death penalty.

State and federal prosecutors spoke in Burlington today as 42-year-old Michael Jacques (pronounced Jakes) was formally charged with kidnapping Brooke Bennett. Brooke was missing for a week before her body was found Wednesday evening in Randolph.

Authorities cannot even say yet whether the girl was murdered. But the federal charges against Jacques provide for the death penalty in kidnappings resulting in a child’s death.

In court papers, authorities accused Jacques of carefully orchestrating events and e-mails to make it look like Brooke had gone to see someone she had met online.

The court papers show Jacques began plotting her abduction as much as a month before the 12-year-old disappeared. (more at link)

I believe in one of the news articles out today, it referenced the new affidavit released today (has anyone seen that yet?) that AR's boyfriend is a minor...

He's atleast 16. We know he drove out there. I just can't get over any of it. While you can on the one hand think perhaps they didn't know or couldn't accept that MJ was abusing her this way, they let a much older teen such access to her also. And she was just 14, 8th grade! :mad: WTH.

IIRC ...Mn has had a SO rehab program since late 1990's....a very few--like a handful have graduated from this program. The authorities are afraid to release them.....It also depends on the type of sexual offense.

I have read studies on this...and will post links when I have time..but yes, it is truely a waste of money-yet cheaper than incarceration.:mad:

Maybe, but not if you factor into the mix what it cost to arrest, and process them through the court over and over again after they keep being let out of jail.

Well I don't know any statistics, but it stands to reason that there have to be SOME people who have been convicted, gone through the program and never committed a crime again. Otherwise there would not be thousands of programs all over the world. Some people have to have been rehabilitated or else they would not be wasting the money.

IMO- this just makes them smarter, MJ was doing this to his step-daughter while in treatment, he gets released (graduated I guess) still doing this to his stepdaughter and continues to include other men ( at least 1 we know of) to do this to his stepdaughter, MOM living under the same roof and then brings in another girl and does this to her as well. Let's not confuse time with crime, it took years to catch him but he was not clean for any length of time.

Oh, that is sweet music to my ears, Suzi!! MJ is a dead man!!! Thank GOD they have the Federal level to fall back on since the State of VT can't (won't) do it!! (VT might be pretty and all that, but their way of thinking I don't understand at all! Glad I live in OK where we willing dole out an effective brand of justice and leverage against such people!)

The Times Argus is reporting that the DNA on the hanky belonged to A.R.s boyfriend....

Sorry...can't get the link thingy to work....

Oh, that is sweet music to my ears, Suzi!! MJ is a dead man!!! Thank GOD they have the Federal level to fall back on since the State of VT can't (won't) do it!! (VT might be pretty and all that, but their way of thinking I don't understand at all! Glad I live in OK where we willing dole out an effective brand of justice and leverage against such people!)

You got it! Vermont lawmakers won't get a chance to "hug their "

The Times Argus is reporting that the DNA on the hanky belonged to A.R.s boyfriend....

Sorry...can't get the link thingy to work....

Humm... This could have been orchestrated by MJ to tie the boyfriend to Brooke, with the hanky to be held by MJ to make the boyfriend comply. (or it could have been accidently contaminated by the boyfriend in AR's room.) :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro