Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. Sadly a vic sometimes crosses over to being a perp. The perp victimizes someone and they in turn victimize someone else. A never ending cycle.

I'm thinking A.R. has crossed the line in this case.

sorry, I haven't been able to get into the affidavit. Does it sound like Brooke was involved in this much earlier, maybe being raped by her uncle? I think it's possible...and then they wanted to escalate things to involve other men...this tie down business makes me sick. I'm so afraid she was tied down and then finally strangled, or worse. Was there any hint of LE finding blood in the house or any vehicles?

Can I have a copy sent to me as well I know it will probably make me sick but curiosity is killing me.

Thanks!

What A.R. did before, during and after Brooke's horrifying death is unspeakable.
I have been waiting to hear if she ends up in our juvenille facility. Woodside Juvenile Rehabilitation Center.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I realize AR is a victim too, but after reading some of her e-mails she sent, I have a hard time believing her complete innocence in this.

Plus, now's her chance to tell LE everything, but it seems to me she might not be telling the entire truth even now.

BTW, Hi dark_shadow, always enjoy reading your posts.

I know he staged it for his Alibi. I just wonder if he didn't say something to make her angry and tell her she could just walk home. He leaves then comes back for her. The party excuse doesn't work for me. Wouldn't she have wondered why they ended up back at M. J.'s. Just wondering.

I thought that also, if they had told her she was going to a party ( which is odd in itself since it was only like 10am) who has a party at that time? Why was she sitting watching TV? didn't she question were this party was. I think there are a lot of things that just don't fit and are not true.

I would have felt sorry for AR, but she is now an accomplice to murder. I realize she is a victim, but she is old enough to know right from wrong. She needs major rehab!

sorry, I haven't been able to get into the affidavit. Does it sound like Brooke was involved in this much earlier, maybe being raped by her uncle? I think it's possible...and then they wanted to escalate things to involve other men...this tie down business makes me sick. I'm so afraid she was tied down and then finally strangled, or worse. Was there any hint of LE finding blood in the house or any vehicles?

I would have to re read the affidavit. My impression is that Brooke had no clue what was going on and what was going to happen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Can I have a copy sent to me as well I know it will probably make me sick but curiosity is killing me.

Thanks!

If any one needs a copy just PM me....I have dial up so it takes about 3 minutes to send. I will get it out as quick as I can.

I would have to re read the affidavit. My impression is that Brooke had no clue what was going on and what was going to happen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree, I think this was meant to be her first and last time.

I'm thinking A.R. has crossed the line in this case.
She more than crossed the line, she appears to be into the whole thing and enjoying the sex acts!

What a disgusting mess :shakehead:

Just remember, MJ has been brainwashing her for years, and controlling and threatening her too.
I think all of her actions are the fault of one man...MJ.
She thinks this is all very normal, because she's been raped for years, and probably even "loves" MJ like a lover.

My friend is the one who is close with Brooke's mother. He said that her ex step-father in Texas (I am not good with names, sorry, the one who is in jail now) would send the kids really good gifts and send for them to come visit and come up to visit. And that she always thought it was a little odd, but never anything to be worried about.
I wonder if Savannah was abused by her ex-stepfather, too. Sounds like a typical ploy of a sex abuser...lavish attention and really neat gifts on them...then, exchange it for the bad part...sexual favors...

About MJ: It wouldn't surprise me in the least if his father was a molester. That's how he learned the behavior. Heck, his own father may have abused him. What a bunch of sickos.

Can you ask your friend why Brooke's mother would allow her daughter to be around a known sex offender, both her ex-husband and her BIL? It just doesn't make sense to me at all. Why in the heck would she marry a sex offender, especially if she had children?

Also, where was MJ getting all his money to buy a house and land??

Nana..I don't think Ray Gagnon had a criminal record when Cassandra married him.
He's not a RSO.....yet.

I wonder if Savannah was abused by her ex-stepfather, too. Sounds like a typical ploy of a sex abuser...lavish attention and really neat gifts on them...then, exchange it for the bad part...sexual favors...

About MJ: It wouldn't surprise me in the least if his father was a molester. That's how he learned the behavior. Heck, his own father may have abused him. What a bunch of sickos.

Can you ask your friend why Brooke's mother would allow her daughter to be around a known sex offender, both her ex-husband and her BIL? It just doesn't make sense to me at all. Why in the heck would she marry a sex offender, especially if she had children?

Also, where was MJ getting all his money to buy a house and land??

I have those same questions nan, why in the world would her mother let her be around known sex offenders. What a sick horrible situation this is!

this may have already been said (I can't keep up) but it sounded the AR and her mom were going to see counsiling? Sounds like MJ was trying to get AR to stand up for him etc. What a weak man!(If you can call him a man)

It sounded like maybe Brooke said "NO" to whatever this sex ordeal is and MJ got AR to be upset with her and got her to help bound her etc but we don't know if AR was in on killing Brooke. This is so sad.

I wonder how AR felt when she found out that all those men she was talking to was actually MJ?

Hello there!

I go by the name Dante. I’ve been trying to join this forum since I found it on a search for info on the Brooke Bennett disappearance (I live in the area and in fact work in a building right next door to Thermodyne, where MJ worked), but my e-mail account went haywire and it's taken this long to get it fixed. Shame they won't take web-based accounts here, but I understand the reasoning.

I was devastated to find out yesterday that they’d found Brooke's body. I’d so hoped she’d run away and gone in to hiding.

As a devotee of a belief system which holds sexuality as a sacrament, finding out about such perversions outrages me. If this “Breckinridge” program does indeed exist, and other members still remain at large (as AR said, there still may be at least one more), this groups needs to be rooted out and smashed with all speed. It stuns me that such a thing could exist in this region, but, sadly, one of my friends in social services said that it wouldn’t surprise her if in fact this was much bigger than we think.

I still hope it was just the two and only the one other victim. If not, there’s a lot more work to do, and that disturbs me.

To my knowledge, we still have no real evidence as to the origin of the name “Breckinridge”- speculation is nice but we need more hard evidence here- could be a clue, or it could as one member said, simply owe to the participants wanting to make an official-sounding name. Personally, I have doubts about the Myra Breckinridge connection.

Jacques and Gagner clearly had a thing for young girls- no evidence of boys involved so far.

(and, no, I don’t think *advertiser censored* had anything to do with it- legal *advertiser censored* still follows the “safe, consensual and sane” guidelines, and most consumers thereof are perfectly normal people- it’s just that the abnormal ones get the big press because that sells more stories)

So far as AR having told her boyfriend, I dated a girl who was being molested by her father and she didn’t tell me until after she’d gotten out of the house and he’d been arrested.

Boyfriend’s involvement? Maybe, but maybe not. Cousin could have arranged the pics/films without his knowing- the technology to do that (hidden, timed cameras/recording devices) does exist and is reasonably accessible. MJ could have easily put her up to it, and it seems a reasonable scenario that he would have.

AR participated. But to what extent? Obviously with restraining Brooke, but was she involved in the murder itself?

Sexual activity can create moments of what is called imprint vulnerability- moments where one can form psychological imprints that can affect behaviour and attitudes. One can shape another’s psyche under such conditions. Combined with psychological trauma, even more so.

And was Brooke’s death intentional, or accidental?

Footage at the store- seems like alibi. Brooke’s attitude could come from impatience at the stop- perhaps she thought he was taking her somewhere else and made a detour?

I rest assured that LE is grilling Jacques and Gagner to find out all they can about the scope of this thing, and I hope they will do all in their power to find any other victims that may exist and hunt down and bring in any other participants. This needs to end, and the people responsible need to be brought to justice (and, if I had my way, they’d die in the most horrifying, painful and disgusting manner imaginable- sadly, our death penalty is far too merciful).

Denise and Cassandra- yes, stupid and naïve at best, but they lost Brooke, and I’m sure that, and the realizations that it brings, must be devastating to them- let’s take that in to account before we cry for them to be punished too. Some things (especially radical challenges to one’s personal view of reality) are so horrifying that the psyche refuses to process them- this may not have been willful stupidity but rather an automatic psychological defense mechanism. It happens. Not justifying anything (I see them as certainly to blame for this situation), just offering a possible explanation. They’re hurting too now, more so because of the guilt involved. As it should be. Brooke’s mother screwed up and it led to the most horrifying outcome a parent can experience- I don’t think she needs anyone to add to what she’s already (deservedly) going through. Imagine how someone must feel if they list their child or niece and they realized that their own blindness had helped lead to that occurrence.

But I think any real support should just go to her biological father, not them.

Brooke’s suffering is over, and we should mourn her, but this may not be over yet.

It still stuns me how widespread pedophilia is. Aside from the above-mentioned , I found out last year that one of the teachers at the grade school I went to was an RSO, and that check we did when we moved up here turned up one in our town.

But the possibility of a group working together? That staggers my mind..

And perhaps we also should start thinking about what can be done to help prevent such things from happening again. Yeah, we can educate, yeah we can inform (when we first moved to the area, we checked the Net for local RSO’s , but that can only go so far- they both rely on the rather weak link of people actually *listening to* and *acting on* the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79