Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are similarities between BIID and GID. To suggest this is political IMO is unfair. Although I will say I have never liked the term "transabled".

It's definitely worthy of discussion. I understand why many would see similarities. I don't think mentioning it or making a comparison necessarily comes from a place of intolerance.

To me there are huge differences though. One is that the surgical "transition" for those with BIID causes a life-long disability that effects one's ability to function in society and support oneself. Gender transition does not.

Second, the numbers. BIID is very rare while by some estimates there are 700,000 people with GID in the US. And that's important to me because it says something about what GID is anchored to and what BIID is not. GID appears to be part of a spectrum of sexuality and gender and biological sex differences that veer from very "straight" and cis gender, to bi, to gay, trans and intersexed, etc.

I have a theory that trans persons may be a form of intersexed persons but whose intersexuality occurs biologically in the brain (although I've noticed that pre-transition, many trans persons have physical features that may seem of the "opposite sex", so males with feminine features, females with more male features). For example, a hormone flush in utero may cause a male fetus to develop a female brain. But perhaps it is possible that it also sometimes might "feminize" the features of that male fetus. So you end up with what appears to be a feminine "boy" who feels totally female.

I don't know. Just a theory.

The problem with voluntary amputation IMO is that the person is now truly disabled and eligible for government goodies. While I don't really care if someone wants to cut off a limb, I do have a problem with government disability payments to them afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What? Wait.

Do you have a link that says a voluntarily penis-ectomy (sorry, I don't know the good and proper term) qualifies one for disability?

I did not know that.

What? Wait.

Do you have a link that says a voluntarily penis-ectomy (sorry, I don't know the good and proper term) qualifies one for disability?

I did not know that.

Sorry, I was referring to BIID, not GID.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

It's definitely worthy of discussion. I understand why many would see similarities. I don't think mentioning it or making a comparison necessarily comes from a place of intolerance.

To me there are huge differences though. One is that the surgical "transition" for those with BIID causes a life-long disability that effects one's ability to function in society and support oneself. Gender transition does not.

Second, the numbers. BIID is very rare while by some estimates there are 700,000 people with GID in the US. And that's important to me because it says something about what GID is anchored to and what BIID is not. GID appears to be part of a spectrum of sexuality and gender and biological sex differences that veer from very "straight" and cis gender, to bi, to gay, trans and intersexed, etc.

I have a theory that trans persons may be a form of intersexed persons but whose intersexuality occurs biologically in the brain (although I've noticed that pre-transition, many trans persons have physical features that may seem of the "opposite sex", so males with feminine features, females with more male features). For example, a hormone flush in utero may cause a male fetus to develop a female brain. But perhaps it is possible that it also sometimes might "feminize" the features of that male fetus. So you end up with what appears to be a feminine "boy" who feels totally female.

I don't know. Just a theory.

Gender transition, if someone transitions fully at a young age, will render that person infertile. So it's not exactly harmless.

Gender transition, if someone transitions fully at a young age, will render that person infertile. So it's not exactly harmless.

Well, compared to amputation... But I see your point.

Sorry, I was referring to BIID, not GID.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I knew what you meant, but are there enough BIID persons that this is a significant problem? If one wants a disability check badly enough, there are easier ways to quality than amputation!

True. But some harm and disabled are different things.

Looks alot different than the vanity fair picture.

I was thinking that, too. Not as much like Jessica Lange.

I will say, the doctors did an amazing job. Caitlyn looks very feminine, even with her larger frame. (I am big bonededed and some styles look awful on me because of that). Caitlyn dresses for her body type. Well done.

Sticking my head out of my shell to say that there are several of you on this thread that are so remarkable that those who know you in real life are incredibly fortunate. The compassion combined with intelligent, researched responses and personal touches have brought tears to my eyes.

Ethan Smith - "A Letter to the Girl I Used to Be" (CUPSI 2014)

[video=youtube;Lkn06Y8prDU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkn06Y8prDU[/video]

Yes, the photo shop did a good job. Clips from the upcoming docu-series have him looking more like a handsome woman.

The problem with voluntary amputation IMO is that the person is now truly disabled and eligible for government goodies. While I don't really care if someone wants to cut off a limb, I do have a problem with government disability payments to them afterwards.

thats not the same thing. anyone can scam the govt outta some disability $ since they relaxed the rules.

if someone has all 4 limbs but the brain of a amputee, the only thing to do is to lop the offending limb off so brain & body match. like bruce jenner & his "brain of a woman", alter the body to fit the mind & all's good.

Being a man or a woman isn't a disability. Well actually I've never been a man so I'm not 100% about that:).

I'm not arguing your basic point, but I wonder how many people would undergo amputation just to collect the small amount of money that disability plans pay. I have trouble believing this will be a heavy burden on society as a whole.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...aitlyn-jenner-khloe-kardashian-photos-2015156
"If anything, it shows me that half of the celebrities we see pictures of probably aren't as hot as the people who idolize them think they are if a man can use makeup contouring to look similar to them"

Maybe you need to read the entire thread. Ms. Jenner has had numerous surgeries and hormone treatments. Calling her a "man" in this context rather misstates her situation.

Your basic point, however, is accurate: the glamor shots we see of celebrities involve not only specialized makeup (Cher's hairdresser told a friend of mine years ago that the singer used mortician's wax to fill in her acne scars and then applied base over that), but air-brushing and photo-shopping.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny
Back