Bruce Zidarich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I tend to think the phone Tom had in the coffee shop was Drew's phone. Then Drew leaves goes to the airport makes a call from Stacy's to his phone at the coffee shop to cover the call where she says she is leaving to be with someone else and the car is at the airport.

This would cover two bases. One now Tom would be a witness to Stacy trying to call Drew..her name came up and would also have a ping from the cell tower nearest the airport.

I tend to think the phone Tom had in the coffee shop was Drew's phone. Then Drew leaves goes to the airport makes a call from Stacy's to his phone at the coffee shop to cover the call where she says she is leaving to be with someone else and the car is at the airport.

This would cover two bases. One now Tom would be a witness to Stacy trying to call Drew..her name came up and would also have a ping from the cell tower nearest the airport.
Tom would have had Drew's phone. However, Stacy at the time had TWO phones. Which one called Drew's phone?! She found out that Drew had total access to her normal phone...so she got a new one with a new number around the 17th of October. On the 28th...which phone did Drew use and which one did he know about TO use?! THAT is what we are questioning. Which phone of Stacy's called Drew's phone? LE has the answer already...we are just guessing. He is pretty much messed up either way, imo.

I think that it is unlikely Drew would have gone to the trouble to preprogram Stacy's new number into his phone. I think that for the cell tower pings he was just concerned with using the old phone, because that is the phone that Stacy would have always used to call him.The use of the new phone to call Drew would have attracted LE more so then the use of the old phone. Remember she didn't want Drew to have that number, so esspecially if she was leaving she wouldn't have used it. I think if Drew knew about the new phone he would have simply gone through to look for phone numbers, the attorney, the pastor, the Rosetto brothers..but it would have been a slip up for him to use it that night because Stacy would not have used it to call him and he wants LE to believe that it was Stacy who placed this call.

Also if Drew were able to place bugs on Stacy's phone uses the LE techonolgy and software I am thinking that he may have over heard a discussion that night before he got home between Cassandra and Stacy about the impending divorce, the meeting she had scheduled with the attorney, her plans to move out if he was refusing to leave, etc..
All of that would have made Drew angry and he may have heard even more that we aren't currently aware of.

I can't find it now, but earlier DrewP made a point of telling media that Stacy was on a cell phone family plan (remember he said that she was aware that she could be tracked that way.) I don't think he would have done that if the call he made on her phone had been from her new phone.

You know the way he made that comment has bothered me. IIRC he made that statement before the info about the new phone was made public.
Was he really unaware of her having another phone or did he know and was trying to hide it? The fact that the cell phone was a family plan only means he could track her phone. But LE can track it whether it is a family plan or not- they don't need the phone to track it either. So why make a point of the fact that it was a cell phone family plan? Was he trying to hide his knowlege that she had another phone?

So why make a point of the fact that it was a cell phone family plan? Was he trying to hide his knowlege that she had another phone?

I think he may have been trying to make it sound very reasonable that she would decide not to take the phone, simply because he could easily look on his bill and see where she had gone. He was working too hard to try to make his story of her leaving him sound reasonable, so he used every excuse he could think of to explain why she did not take the phone.
I think that if he had found out about her new phone, he would have made a big deal about it to re-enforce his assertion that she was fooling around on him. He would have used it to make her look bad, and he would definitly want the world to know that she had tried to hide it from him, and he found out anyway. I don't think he is capable of making a concious decision NOT to brag.

Susan

It would be interesting to know if LE has both of Stacy's phones?

Guess this is a lesson why we sit around and try to give those accounts to people who cannot see it at the time...they may NEVER see it if not!!! (But everyone who watched it at the time and the reporter plus the station can back it up if need be.) Still...talk about "hearsay" OMG! lol It IS on a tape somewhere...exactly or as near as we can tell it while we watch it live tho. : )

Thank goodness for our WS transcribers. I don't doubt that the interview took place. But I sure would like to have a link to it for future reference. I even searched through the site of the company that holds the transcripts for Greta's shows and it's not there. Probably because Greta's transcripts are only on the feature story that night and not the rest of the hour.

I can't find it now, but earlier DrewP made a point of telling media that Stacy was on a cell phone family plan (remember he said that she was aware that she could be tracked that way.) I don't think he would have done that if the call he made on her phone had been from her new phone.

You know the way he made that comment has bothered me. IIRC he made that statement before the info about the new phone was made public.
Was he really unaware of her having another phone or did he know and was trying to hide it? The fact that the cell phone was a family plan only means he could track her phone. But LE can track it whether it is a family plan or not- they don't need the phone to track it either. So why make a point of the fact that it was a cell phone family plan? Was he trying to hide his knowlege that she had another phone?
I think he knew it would eventually come out about her finding those records in his briefcase. This is why he mentioned it...so it wouldn't make him seem as guilty in the long run, imo.

Thank goodness for our WS transcribers. I don't doubt that the interview took place. But I sure would like to have a link to it for future reference. I even searched through the site of the company that holds the transcripts for Greta's shows and it's not there. Probably because Greta's transcripts are only on the feature story that night and not the rest of the hour.
I wonder if we wrote to Greta...if they would go ahead and transcribe it for us? They are very willing to cooperate over there. :)

I think he knew it would eventually come out about her finding those records in his briefcase. This is why he mentioned it...so it wouldn't make him seem as guilty in the long run, imo.

I can see him mentioning that Stacy knew she could be tracked. But why mention the family cell plan? Why not just point out that she knew she could be tracked? I think most of us take a family plan cell phone for granted with a couple. But even if it was individual plans, DrewP could have potentially tracked the phone by the bill, by the record of calls on the phone or by getting Stacy's password. So why mention that it was a family plan?

TGI, you make a good point about DrewP bragging. And I can't really explain why, but I think (my opinion only) DrewP knew or had found out about the phone. That is the only explanation I can think of for mentioning the family plan as a part of his explanation. I keep telling myself that DrewP is a police officer, he knows what LE will be looking for. And one of the things they will be looking for is motive. If DrewP did find the phone that weekend and if that was the motive- the spark that started the events, then I think that would be one thing he would work hard to cover up. So he made it very clear (overly clear?) that the phone he was referring to was the family plan phone. Not the phone that was possibly related to motive and that he didn't want to admit he knew about.

If LE took all the cell phones, including Stacy's new one, hopefully they'll check for fingerprints and if DP's fingerprints show up on Stacy's new cell phone.....the one DP wasn't supposed to know about.....he'll have some explaining to do.

If LE took all the cell phones, including Stacy's new one, hopefully they'll check for fingerprints and if DP's fingerprints show up on Stacy's new cell phone.....the one DP wasn't supposed to know about.....he'll have some explaining to do.

If Drew's fingerprints were not on the phone, that would sound very much like something called: exculpatory evidence.

If Drew's fingerprints were not on the phone, that would sound very much like something called: exculpatory evidence.

Why exculpatory? DrewP was a police officer. He would know to wipe off what he touched or to wear gloves. Or if the phone is exposed to weather or water, the prints are most likely gone by now. Or he could have not known about the phone and the motive was something else.

Why exculpatory? DrewP was a police officer. He would know to wipe off what he touched or to wear gloves. Or if the phone is exposed to weather or water, the prints are most likely gone by now. Or he could have not known about the phone and the motive was something else.

If only her prints were on the phone........................

But it would stand to reason that only Stacy's prints would be on the phone as mysterview pointed out, DP being a police officer WOULD KNOW not to leave his DNA on the phone. If he did, that would be about the stupidest thing I have ever heard of that a cop did in the commission of a crime.

Not saying it hasn't happened or can't happen, but just really really stupid. IMO

If only her prints were on the phone........................

If he handled the phone with gloves on, her prints would still be there- but wouldn't exclude DrewP's handling the phone.

imo, it wouldn't exclude DP or anyone else from handling the phone. It would just be an inference that DP MIGHT have handled the phone.

But then it has been conjenctured, even here, that Sharon had the phone. So another person that MIGHT have handled the phone.

The above would be a good defense theory that they would probably throw out to the jury, and any relevence to this phone would be dismissed by the jury unless specific finger prints were found on it and a valid reason for those finger prints to have been on the phone. (Other than Stacy's).

I don't think Sharon had the phone. Stacy only gave Sharon the box and things that came with the phone, according to Sharon.

If DP and Stacy did get into a fight about the phone and it resulted in her death...I am pretty sure he overlooked wiping prints off...at least at that time. He would have had more immediate problems. (However, later he might have wiped the phone completely down leaving no prints at all before he disposed of it.)

The second warrant may have been to go back to FIND Stacy's new phone, as well as other things. I recall someone mentioning that it seemed they were looking for something small.

Drew couldn't get to Stacy's voice mail without her code, but he could see her text messages I think. She met with Rossetto on the 19th...after she got her phone so it would be reasonable the there were at least some messages from him. He would WANT to find that phone if he had suspicions she had it.

I'm a little behind on following all the wonderful media links, but from what I have read, BZ's statements make it sound like SP disappeared voluntarily. Was he a prosecution or a defense witness?
Does anyone else feel like this could be turned to the prosecution's favor in Katherine's case but screw up Stacy's case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southshore16
Back