BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Scott Lavergne pleads guilty to murdering Lisa Pate and Mickey Shunick in exchange for life in prison. Lavergne was required to show police where Mickey Shunick's body was buried and physically recreate the actions on May 19. Lavergne signed of statements the prosecution presented to the court. Those statements say Lavergne followed Shunick down St. Landry Street in his truck. He intentionally hit her bike and persuaded her into his vehicle. She was able to mace him, grab his knife, and stab him several times, giving him what were described as "life-threatening cuts." He grabbed the knife back and stabbed Shunick four times until she fell over. At this point, Lavergne thought she was dead. However, when Lavergne brought Shunick to a seclude cane field in Acadia Parish, she jumped up and regained control of knife. Shunick stabbed him in the chest. That's when Lavergne grabbed a semi-automatic handgun and shot Shunick in the head, killing her instantly.
http://www.facebook.com/katctv3/posts/10151112947151969

Mickey, I believe that you played dead when this stabbed you, in order to try to ambush him when he least expected it to try to regain control of the situation, and you almost did - if he hadn't had that gun, you would have had a fighting chance. You did good, girl. Without your brave fight against this monster, he may still have been roaming the streets. Your fight was not in vain, he will not hurt anyone else because you were a strong, smart, beautiful soul. RIP. <3

He hit her with his truck right where I thought, followed her down St. Landry then struck her between Dean and Colisium Rd. the collision through Mickey off her bike then he got her in his truck then Brandon and a gun and a knife and they had an altercation and mickey grabbed her cell phone and tried to call 911, the got her phone then she sprayed him with Maze and tried to fight him more at which point he stabbed her several times and she was motionless then he drove with her motionless body to a cane field where he planned to dump her body then Mickey regained concious and jumped up and got the knife and stabbed him numerous times then he shot her in the head. I'm sick

So I wonder when all these 'reports he signed off on' will be made public. I also wonder if he is still being looked at for missing girl Ali. How the F did he get her into his truck. A threat? Brandished his weapon? Physically put her in passenger seat? Ugh. This part is bothering me severely as to how both bike and Mickey left the scene without altercation. Dean and Coliseum is way at the back of St Landry. Like everyone suspected, it went down on the dark part of the street at the end. Please lets lay to rest the "HIT HER IN FRONT OF CIRCLE K" discussion. Its now confirmed and there is NO reason to revisit it. Sorry for the thoughts spilling out in no specific order and without rhyme or reason lol. My mind is blown.

Poor Mickey, she never had a chance, but she fought for her life. And he had a gun, which says it all. My god, BSL is a monster.

He was saved from a nice, pleasant death in comparison to his victims. Couldn't even man-up, needed a reason to save his hide.

Rest in perpetual peace, Mickey and Lisa.

DP off the table. Guilty plea.

So many of our questions are being answered. She was a fighter.

'Yes, she still is'.. Mickey Shunick will lead investigators to other unknown victims, due to her courageous sacrifice..

I heard that a gun was involved and I didn't believe it. I am very glad that it was her that stabbed him. It seemed so impossible. She was very brave. I don't think I would have had the courage.

I heard that a gun was involved and I didn't believe it. I am very glad that it was her that stabbed him. It seemed so impossible. She was very brave. I don't think I would have had the courage.

I don't know that I would have been able to either. Such a brave girl.

Kelly

that is almost word for word as i typed while the reporter spoke.

He did plead guilty for both.. Lisa Pate, number of witnesses from inside prison that are willing to testifying.

She was so brave. I really can't believe what a fight she put up. She must've been so afraid. I can't even imagine.

Was anything said about what happened to Lisa?

Poor Mickey. You are a hero for fighting so hard. Because of you the SOB has been caught and he cannot hurt anyone else ever again. Fly high, sweet girl.

that is almost word for word as i typed while the reporter spoke.

He did plead guilty for both.. Lisa Pate, number of witnesses from inside prison that are willing to testifying.

I did the shorthanded version; my hands were shaking too much to get it word for word.

Hummell - breaking news; BSL pled guilty to murder, both Pate and Shunick! Result of plea deal from prosecution. Prosecution gave evidence and statements signed by BSL. Details very graphic and very grim.

Shunick - followed down St. Landry street, struck her while on bike bw Dean and Coliseum; threw MS; entered Z71 truck; had knife on him and sen-automatic handgun. Had some sort of altercation. Tried to call 911 with cell. sprayed BSL with mace. Did try to fight him off. Stabbed her several times. Drove to cane field in North Acadia parish; planned to dump body in cane field. Mickey jumped up, regained control of knife and stabbed him several times. BSL shot her once in head, killing her.

My god. You monster.

After 3 months of sleuthing and God knows how many threads (never mind the agony and heartbreak)......here it is,,in one post: A summation of the crime. The where's and the what's. Finally, we know.

Ugh. I can't even take this in. Dear, dear Mickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub