BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon led them to the remains through a map. He DID NOT go with them to the sitewhere the body was located.

There's no silver linings to be found here, but I'm damn proud of Mickey for taking a chunk out of that 's *advertiser censored*.

God bless Mickey Shunick. She brought the city of Lafayette, and Acadiana in general, back together as a community.

And, as I have been, I'm once again heavy-hearted for the Shunick family and for Mickey's friends...and also mortified for the family of BS Lavergne.

You know him having a gun would fit Ali's case and the witnesses who stated she was there a second on the side of the truck then gone. He probably aimed the gun at her and told her to get in the truck. Yeah I think he took Ali. MOO

It is very hard to hear what Mickey went through. I'm praying for her Momma and Dad right now, this has got to be so hard to comprehend. How could anyone hurt such a precious girl?

Mickey, you did good. Real good. Thank you, honey, for marking this monster and taking him out of public. He can't hurt any other girls now.

I wonder where the cane field is they spoke of that he stopped at first and where MS lost her life. In relation to WB and his home. I am trying to wrap my brain around the chain of events. So he went back to the cane field and then took her to be buried after being at 2 different hospitals etc?

My heart literally aches for this poor family and her friends.

Kelly

The report said in north Acadia parish.

Mickey entered his truck because BSL had a firearm & knife...victim compliance..

I didn't see that. Thanks.

Anyone wish for me to post video of the local noon news show? I can try to record?

The Daily Advertiser ‏@theadvertiser
Coming soon: Video from outside the courthouse with statements from #MickeyShunick's sister and mother.

I cant even wrap my head around as to how her family is feeling right now. I'm not sure I can hand,e hearing them speak of it.

She was able to mace him, grab his knife, and stab him several times, giving him what were described as "life-threatening cuts."

However, when Lavergne brought Shunick to a seclude cane field in Acadia Parish, she jumped up and regained control of knife. Shunick stabbed him in the chest.

^ A few things not mentioned previously. She had apparently stabbed him before he stabbed her, and then stabbed him again in the cane field.

What a brave, courageous woman. RIP Mickey

BSL must have offered Mickey a ride because the reporter said she got into his truck.

She got in the truck because he had a gun and knife. At least that's what I gathered. Then she tried to call 911 and mace him. Not sure if that happened after she got into truck or if Jim Hummell backtracked, because he said BL placed MS's motionless body in the truck. So it made me think the he knocked her down, tried to force her in truck at gun/knifepoint, she tried to call for help and maced him, he stabbed her and then placed her in the truck. Just what I gathered from the report. Jim Hummell seemed really shaken up, I'm sure the 5 'o clock report will have more info. RIP Mickey :(

Nancy's tattoo in memory of her daugther,Mickey:
A0g9yR9CYAAFE2G.jpg

She was able to mace him, grab his knife, and stab him several times, giving him what were described as "life-threatening cuts."

However, when Lavergne brought Shunick to a seclude cane field in Acadia Parish, she jumped up and regained control of knife. Shunick stabbed him in the chest.

From KATC

^ A few things not mentioned previously. She had apparently stabbed him before he stabbed her, and then stabbed him again in the cane field.

What a brave, courageous woman. RIP Mickey

I have said along along he nabbed her from around Dean and Colisium road because that was the perfect dark location.

Hummell - breaking news; BSL pled guilty to murder, both Pate and Shunick! Result of plea deal from prosecution. Prosecution gave evidence and statements signed by BSL. Details very graphic and very grim.

Shunick - followed down St. Landry street, struck her while on bike bw Dean and Coliseum; threw MS; entered Z71 truck; had knife on him and sen-automatic handgun. Had some sort of altercation. Tried to call 911 with cell. sprayed BSL with mace. Did try to fight him off. Stabbed her several times. Drove to cane field in North Acadia parish; planned to dump body in cane field. Mickey jumped up, regained control of knife and stabbed him several times. BSL shot her once in head, killing her.

My god. You monster.
----------

If this is to be believed, she did turn the knife on him in self defense, as we discussed early on.

The Daily Advertiser ‏@theadvertiser
After today's Lavergne hearing, #MickeyShunick's mom, Nancy, shows us her tattoo in memory of her daughter.

A0g9yR9CYAAFE2G.jpg

Anyone wish for me to post video of the local noon news show? I can try to record?

I recorded it on KATC as it was happening live. I am not however savvy enough to upload from my DVR to computer then to this website. I do hope that someone figures it out so that everyone who has been away from tv/radio can view. I'm sure it will be updated on their Facebook page shortly so you might want to save yourself the headache.

As I'm typing, my hands are shaking. If I'm this affected, as I'm sure a lot of you are and aren't related to any of the victims, I couldn't even imagine what the family must be feeling physically and emotionally.

Bless her heart!
The worst part is that mace will not win against a gun, or a knife, for that matter. BSL knew that, which is why he had both with him. This solidifies by belief in concealed carry! She wouldn't have even had to take it out of her bag. Oh my heart is broken for Mickey and her family. I am also forever grateful for her courage to fight back. Who knows how many lives she's saved by fighting back, which ultimately lead to BSL being caught. Who knows how many families may have answers now. May ALL of his victims rest in peace.

------------
Similar to what the perp. did in the case of Amber Dubois. We discussed this earlier.

Yes, concentric, and is reminiscent of the Meredith Hope Emerson abduction, who like Mickey Shunick, knew what her abductor was, what he had done in the past, and what he would do in the future.. Both are heroes and their memories should be kept alive for their courageous sacrifice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub