BSL - More Victims????

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't verify this yet, but I was tracking Samantha Schauer NamUs page:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11071/4/

"This missing person has been found. Therefore this case is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.
Please log in to view the case. "

Today, I received an email notification that a change has been made to it and when I click the link to the page in my email, it resolves now to a 404 error & redirects as this url: https://www.findthemissing.org/homes/error_case_access?reason=found

Has anyone seen any news on this young girl missing from Conroe since 2009?

OH MY, Nothing in the news here in Houston. Will keep my eyes and ears open!
:woohoo:

I can't verify this yet, but I was tracking Samantha Schauer NamUs page:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11071/4/

"This missing person has been found. Therefore this case is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.
Please log in to view the case. "

Today, I received an email notification that a change has been made to it and when I click the link to the page in my email, it resolves now to a 404 error & redirects as this url: https://www.findthemissing.org/homes/error_case_access?reason=found

Has anyone seen any news on this young girl missing from Conroe since 2009?

Kate, her NamUS page must have been updated very recently. I posted about her a couple of weeks ago when I started the map because I couldn't find any info other than her NamUS page. I wondered if any of you knew if she'd been located. Sounds like she was. Thank goodness.

Kate, her NamUS page must have been updated very recently. I posted about her a couple of weeks ago when I started the map because I couldn't find any info other than her NamUS page. I wondered if any of you knew if she'd been located. Sounds like she was. Thank goodness.

Just yesterday or very early today. My email alert came through during the night. I learned something, too. If we didn't have this thread, I'd have had no idea how to identify 11071. Searching the forum for the url failed, my browser history had the 404 cache already, google cache had the 404 error. So, I took a screenshot of My Case Tracking on Namus so when these pages disappear and alert is sent out, I'll know who it belonged to.

PS: Please all take a moment to welcome WS's newest member in Ali's thread.

Another side note - NamUs still has Dina Weston missing that a current mugshot was located online recently.

Just yesterday or very early today. My email alert came through during the night. I learned something, too. If we didn't have this thread, I'd have had no idea how to identify 11071. Searching the forum for the url failed, my browser history had the 404 cache already, google cache had the 404 error. So, I took a screenshot of My Case Tracking on Namus so when these pages disappear and alert is sent out, I'll know who it belonged to.

PS: Please all take a moment to welcome WS's newest member in Ali's thread.

Another side note - NamUs still has Dina Weston missing that a current mugshot was located online recently.

Kate, I copied your last post of the table and map link to a sticky thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182514"]Info on Missing/Murdered in SWLA and SETX - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

You Louisiana folks may know all about this -- and it may even be a common strategy in many places, for all I know -- but this report about decks of playing cards (with each card featuring an unsolved crime) being distributed to inmates was a new one on me.

Police betting on cards to help solve Courville murders
read more at: http://www.eunicetoday.com/view/ful...ting-on-cards-to-help-solve-Courville-murders

The article is from a couple of years ago, I believe. One of the names mentioned within, Sandra Burris, seemed to ring a bell with me from having it mentioned in this thread, I believe. (Not sure if her case has been solved by now -- you folks who are doing most of the research here will know, I'm sure.)

Anyhow -- it would not surprise me if some of the other names in this thread ended up in those decks (or will end up in the decks, if they do this intermittently). I wonder if Lisa Pate's did -- maybe so, and it sparked some of the inmate reports the state had ready to use in a case against BSL.

Just thought it interesting!

ETA: Here's the link to the cards:

http://www.crimestoppersbr.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=26311

You Louisiana folks may know all about this -- and it may even be a common strategy in many places, for all I know -- but this report about decks of playing cards (with each card featuring an unsolved crime) being distributed to inmates was a new one on me.

read more at: http://www.eunicetoday.com/view/ful...ting-on-cards-to-help-solve-Courville-murders

The article is from a couple of years ago, I believe. One of the names mentioned within, Sandra Burris, seemed to ring a bell with me from having it mentioned in this thread, I believe. (Not sure if her case has been solved by now -- you folks who are doing most of the research here will know, I'm sure.)

Anyhow -- it would not surprise me if some of the other names in this thread ended up in those decks (or will end up in the decks, if they do this intermittently). I wonder if Lisa Pate's did -- maybe so, and it sparked some of the inmate reports the state had ready to use in a case against BSL.

Robin Gremillion is one we put on the list/map, fits BSL's timeline and she is in this deck of cards.

robin%20gremillion%20web.jpg

Robin Gremillion
"On January 18, 2000, Gremillion's body was found floating in the lakes around LSU in the 2500 block of E. Lakeshore Drive in Baton Rouge, La. Who killed Robin Gremillion and why? "

Sandra Burris is familar to me, too, but I'm not sure where I've seen her picture before. She does have a thread but there hasn't been any activity in a few years on it. She's also in the 2000-2008 time frame that fortunately, BSL was locked up.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83336"]LA LA - Sandra Ann Burris, 35, Saint Landry Parish, 25 July 2005 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't know how often, if ever, an updated deck is issued. It is encouraging to see a few with the red SOLVED stamped on them but also discouraging to see that there's so many.

This may have been posted.
maybe everything is running together but there are a few names that were new to me.

♦:what: Russell Lambert Jr., was killed March 5 The elder Lambert and his family have endured the deaths of three sons in three months, one by accident and two by homicide. Russell Jr.'s case remains unsolved after six months.

♦The family of Brandon Beckwith, 33, whose body was found early April 20 at the side of the 4500 block of Johnston Street, apparently the victim of a hit-and-run.

♦Rita Jordan — known as Miss Theresa — was killed April 26 in her Abbeville home as she cared for infant great-grandson.

I know they do not "fit into" what we think BSL would do but... it doesn't hurt to be aware of them as well.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...08230333/Can-you-help-solve-these-cold-cases-

Backwoods, out of tragedy, comes hope..

I had the honor of meeting the amazing couple that came up with the inmate playing card idea, then made it a reality.. They attended the CUE national conference & have been members for years..

Doug and Mary Lyall's daughter, Suzanne, disappeared in 1998. .....

This is CUE's third annual "On the Road to Remember," tour and the group will visit ..... The Lyalls have had Cold Case Playing Cards printed, a deck of 52, each with a ... "Inmates like to talk," Lyall said in a telephone interview

1998 Lyall,Suzanne 3-2-1998 - Parents of missing student to speak
Description: University of New York, Albany
Porchlight USA - July 14, 2006 05:01 PM (GMT)

http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news.cfm?ne...t_id=7021&rfi=6

Parents of missing student to speak

The Lyall's formed an advocacy org. for the families of the missing/murdered -Porchlight- a must read for families of the missing..imo
http://s13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t1783.htm

IDK if this one was discussed, but what does everything think about the possibility that BSL may have been involved in the disappearance of Brittany Wood? She disappeared May 30, 2012. On the timeline you all have compiled it notes that on May 31, 2012 he was in Spring and reported his truck stolen. Maybe GarryB can tell us when he arrived in Spring.

Mickey's case is the first I have followed in my 40 years. And, right now I do tend to blame BSL for every bad thing. Of course I know that is not the case! But when I read about a small, 20 year old blond girl being abducted my mind goes to BSL first. Also, it appears her abductor gained control of her quickly, possibly with a weapon. They found her blood...knife?
I was just reading in Holly Bobo's thread and came across a profile Foxfire posted for her abductor. IMO BSL fits this profile. Lots of others fit it too but I don't know their names.
Anyway, do we know if he has ever been to Tennessee? That seems kind of far away. He would have had to have spent enough time there to learn where she lived and the time she left for school, IMO.

Mickey's case is the first I have followed in my 40 years. And, right now I do tend to blame BSL for every bad thing. Of course I know that is not the case! But when I read about a small, 20 year old blond girl being abducted my mind goes to BSL first. Also, it appears her abductor gained control of her quickly, possibly with a weapon. They found her blood...knife?
I was just reading in Holly Bobo's thread and came across a profile Foxfire posted for her abductor. IMO BSL fits this profile. Lots of others fit it too but I don't know their names.
Anyway, do we know if he has ever been to Tennessee? That seems kind of far away. He would have had to have spent enough time there to learn where she lived and the time she left for school, IMO.
BBM...That is the million dollar question, very early on when they first announced BSL as the suspect, my first thought was Holly Bobo and BSL being the perp.

IDK if this one was discussed, but what does everything think about the possibility that BSL may have been involved in the disappearance of Brittany Wood? She disappeared May 30, 2012. On the timeline you all have compiled it notes that on May 31, 2012 he was in Spring and reported his truck stolen. Maybe GarryB can tell us when he arrived in Spring.

Wasn't his truck reported burning around 4 a.m.? Was that on the 30th or 31st? Was it on the 30th or 31st he reported it stolen?
What time did this gal go missing?

I think some of you'll are giving BSL way to much credit for being the one to have killed that many women. Look at his track record. He commits an oral rape charge and he is caught, because of not knowing how to cover up his actions. He killed LP and the cops are on to him right away but because he is already in prison, they some what back off. He then kills MS and because of him not knowing about the cameras at LCG, he gets put on the radar and does everything possible after that to say "Look at me and look at what I have done".

And also knowing what a good defense attorney does, they probably wouldn't of let BSL plead guilty that quick, if there was something else out there.

But maybe he has killed all that you'll are trying to pin on him.

I think some of you'll are giving BSL way to much credit for being the one to have killed that many women. Look at his track record. He commits an oral rape charge and he is caught, because of not knowing how to cover up his actions. He killed LP and the cops are on to him right away but because he is already in prison, they some what back off. He then kills MS and because of him not knowing about the cameras at LCG, he gets put on the radar and does everything possible after that to say "Look at me and look at what I have done".

And also knowing what a good defense attorney does, they probably wouldn't of let BSL plead guilty that quick, if there was something else out there.

Sadly, as inept as BSL was, LE and the judicial system were even more inept so he thought he could continue to 'get away with it'. Yes, he pleaded to oral sexual BATTERY, (not rape) even with evidence (footprints on ground and outside wall showing forced entry, ripped telephone cords, bruises on victim and semen soaked towel) which could have supported rape charges. IMO, the Evangeline Parish DA encouraged this plea so as not to have to try the case. Many of these parish DA offices are staffed with attorneys who cannot make it in private practice so they do DA work part-time. If BSL had been convicted of rape, AND, if St Landry Parish and Ft Polk had pursued the domestic violence charges, perhaps BSL would still be in prison on those original charges....I believe the only reason the Lafayette PD and DA fully committed to the MS case was because of the tremendous public interest. Absent this public involvement, that case could have easily gone the LP route, like so many of them do.........

The purpose of this thread is to come up with possibilities. Noone thinks he was responsible for all of them.

Wasn't his truck reported burning around 4 a.m.? Was that on the 30th or 31st? Was it on the 30th or 31st he reported it stolen?
What time did this gal go missing?

I am under the impression he reported his truck stolen on the 31st at 6:30 am?, and he had set it on fire, or it was reported burning I should say at 4:00 am.

Honestly, I thinnk the only way to eliminate BSL from any murder in the U.S. would be for his employer, Wood Group, to publish his time sheets so we can eliminate those dates that he was actually on a rig offshore or the exact hours he was on a rig onshore. That is the only way to eliminate the possibility that he committed a crime. And even that is not fool-proof. I was wondering if ever took a cruise......and wondering if he ever owned a maverick. In fact, every time I read about the murder of a young girl in Louisiana or adjoining states....I am wondering. If he was bold enough to kidnap Alexandria in broad daylight as she walked down the street near her work.....he is bold enough and evil enough....to do anything.

LE did not "back off" on the Lisa Pate murder. In 2008 the case was presented to a grand jury which failed to indict due to insufficient evidence.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...Lavergne-pleads-not-guilty-Shunick-Pate-cases

Further, working to reach a plea deal quickly is precisely what a good defense attorney would do if he suspected his client had other crimes to account for. The chance of securing LWOP through a plea deal would have diminished dramatically with the introduction of other charges.

I haven't seen it stated that any member here believes BSL is responsible for every unsolved murder of a female on the books in Louisiana and Texas. We have taken a cue from LE, and are considering the possibility that at least one of the missing/murdered was his victim. Statistically, two known murders and the aggravated oral sexual battery offense make BSL a viable suspect.
“We’re looking into all of our unresolved cases and we’re looking into other areas as well,” Cpt. Kip Judice, Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office, explained. “Anytime you have a person who you believe to be responsible for multiple deaths, you’re going to review all cold cases. So what we’ve done is established a course of time to determine any missing person cases or homicides that have similarities.”
http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetr...s-for-possible-connection-to-brandon-lavergne

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chloerock
Back